Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Default MORE water in the boot!

Hey guys,

Well we all know the problem of water getting into the hatches boot after rain when you lift the tailgate.

About 4 times now I have lifted my boot to find a PUDDLE of water resting inside the plastic ford boot liner. A good 1/4 of a litre.

Any one else have this problem after rain? It doesn't happen when I wash the car, only if it sits in fairly heavy rain.

Last time because I was parked off camber, the liner tray couldn't take the volume of water with its short sides, and now my rear carpets are soaked. Not to mention the stale water smell.

Hopefully Ford doesn't give me the run around on this, like the rain gutter issue under the rear window...

LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

You've got a major problem there. That's a warranty issue. These things only appear due to the rain we've had. My sunroof used to leak something terrible, and I only found that out because of heavy rain.

Get onto them!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think rain dropping straight down is the problem as such it's more of a issue where there is wind behind it that causes problems that's why using a hose is useless when trying to find leaks JMHO

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Im thinking its coming in via the rear spoiler / wing bolt holes.

I going to look myself before giving it to ford.

Ford guys will just say they put a hose on it and could find nothing...
Old 15-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan

Ford guys will just say they put a hose on it and could find nothing...
Exactly,LRsedan may I suggest you take it to one of those car wash and use the high powered hose on the rinse cycle even better if someone is in the boot watching with a touch and even if you use the wash cycle it may be easier to see where it is entering also take your camera with you it's the only way they may believe you!

apstar
Old 15-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

I wash my car at home with a pressure washer, it never leaks...

Only in heavy rain. Its quite bizarre.

I'll try it however, maybe holding the water on the panel for a long time may force the leak to appear.

Thanks for the tip apstar.
Old 15-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'll try it however, maybe holding the water on the panel for a long time may force the leak to appear.

Good luck

apstar
Old 17-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #8
scribbly

Quote:

Be careful, I cracked a windscreen on my Territory using a pressure sprayer. :togo:

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post