Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
MarkG.
Scarlett Fan

Default When will the new Mondeo's arrive

Hi Guys, Well a bit if a saga getting delivery of my new Mondeo TDci. 1 st delivery date was 30 Nov 08 but the Dealer now says it is held up on the water so new date is 12 Dec 08. Pity, I was planning to drive it on vacation - leaving 13 Dec 08. Just spoke with sales guy 30 min ago & they can not confirm until Wed (10 Dec 08). Does anyone else have a delivery due on 12 Dec 08? Has anyone else heard anything more? : :

MarkG. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Consider yourself lucky. I put my order in on the last weekend of October 07 and didn't see mine until January 2008. If the ship is taking its time coming over there's not much you can do. Hit the dealer up for a discount or something else to make you happy. I did.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
TheColonel

Find out what boat it is on and then track the boat via the internets, the dealer should be able to tell you this information... i'd say if the dealer can't confirm with you until the 10th, then that date is either when the car lands on the dock here or the date the dealer expects to have it wholesaled to them... good luck
Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my case I was grateful for the delay because I got the latest built date car with a few minor problems fixed my car missed the boat because of that most dealers have consignment personnel that track cars from the factory

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
MarkG.
Scarlett Fan

Thanks Guys for your replies, Like Apstar - I was originally happy to have the latest build so that any issues like water-in-the-boot & any software bugs would be fixed. But, the reality is - I was really lookiing forward to a gentle country drive in my new car, on vacation. Now that is just a pleasent thought! That raises another point - should you 'run-in' a new diesel motor ? Any way.... I will let you know how things turn out.... Regards MarkG.
MarkG. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 PM   #6
toddkaust
monday-oh

I think almost everyone has had issues with delays of delivery. We ordered ours 10th Feb 08 and it arrived in Perth 21st May 08. We picked it up 23rd May. 3 and a half months... hhhmmmm. That was after it was accidently delivered to Adelaide first, then they had to put it on the next boat to Perth - gggrrrr.