Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #31
warren77

Is my first car with a sunroof - figured I would spend the extra to get it. And loving it atm! My fiance has an MX5 convertible and find that a bit too much. Sunroof is a enough wind for me.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #32
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can remember not long ago pinstriping cars was the go anyone here remember that!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #33
warren77

After a few days of driving the car with tinting and a couple of night trips, no real issues.
Reversing is a bit of a pain - the reversing lights aren't that bright, hence it is a bit dark to see behind you. Really have to trust the reversing sensors, but they don't really help if you are reversing up a driveway and not wanting to fall off the edge.

Thinking I could replace the globe in the rear fog light (I mean seriously, when am I ever going to use that in Perth?) with a white light to give me that extra light.

During the day - no issues. I actually feel it improves safety as it removes glare, making it easier to see.

So highly recommended it to everyone.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #34
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
Thinking I could replace the globe in the rear fog light (I mean seriously, when am I ever going to use that in Perth?) with a white light to give me that extra light.

During the day - no issues. I actually feel it improves safety as it removes glare, making it easier to see.
The rear fog light makes the tail lights brighter only, you could try brighter bulbs in the reversing lights. In QLD though your lights can't 'dazzle' someone so not sure on how legal it is to do in different states or whether bright reversing lights are classed as 'dazzling'.

Glad to see your happy, like you I trust my sensors when reversing.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #35
Zippy7

Hi Guys,
Can anyone recommend a tint place in Sydney?
I don't want dark, or even legal limit tint. Just a (quality) tint to reflect the heat and make the feeble air-con work a bit better.
Cheers.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #36
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+1

apstar
Old 12-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #37
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

27 Deg today in Sydney air-con froze my balls off set at 22 Deg and that's with the fan on 2!! maybe they fixed the problem people were having with earlier models

apstar
Old 12-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #38
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoomba
As for tinting, I got quite a dark one. They had a Falcon FPV on the floor when I was ordering the Mondeo and I said I wanted a dark tint like it had. I think the dealer wrote 20% on the order form. And the best news: they chucked the tinting in 'free'.
i hope for your sake they didnt put 20% on.. anything darker that 35% is illegal in WA

does look really good though!
1LOUDXFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #39
toddkaust
monday-oh

Heya - 35% illegal in WA?? Oops. We have almost the same model, except TDC Sea Grey with sunroof and your right, looks good with dark tint and Sea Grey. Almost the same number plate too - 1CUY. One problem only so far - the boot on the hatch wont open!! What The? Its stuck. Took it in to Midway today where we got it. Will see what the outcome is tomorrow.
toddkaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #40
BrisVegas
Noobie

As someone who's had a stack of skin cancers taken off, window tint is a must-have. On darker coloured cars, I like the more reflective style tints. I had my last two cars done at Tint Mart Browns Plains in Brisbane. highly recommended.

Here's my focus....
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post