Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-03-2018, 10:41 AM   #61
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: EB GT P07 (Pearl Black)

colgood , That's a very beautiful XB GT . I remember when the EB GT was released and some thought it was a bit too different to previous GT's . I didn't.

I love what it was/is and is one of my favourite Falcons of all time . Well done on getting hold of yours . Lovely.

I agree with the suggestions to contact any nearby Tickford /FPV/ GT Clubs . I reckon there'd have to be a few around who would be able to point you in the right direction on details of such a special car.

Have you seen this Shannons Club show about the EB Falcon but the GT gets a fair old go in the show as part of it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPzQmfFZMU ..

Tell you something else about how Ford/FPV used to do the GT's . Being a bit different wasn't too extraordinary with a bit of more extensive body kit here and there and one that copped a hiding initially but went on to be a bit of a classic looker later on was the FPV GT R-Spec..And it was bloody quick and capable too.

Good luck tracking down as much info as you can on your beaut black beast .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #62
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oops ...Typo ,sorry . Edit time expired . I typed XB instead of EB right at the start of my post. After that it seems I might have turned my brain on again .
Sorry . Definitely meant EB GT not XB GT although the XB GT was pretty amazing too and a good friend has a immaculate example (1974) that was a prime exhibit for the National Automotive Museum (Launceston) a couple of years ago.

On Grant's beaut XB GT here's a gallery photo of her from that Ford Falcon GT , The Legend themed exhibit from 2-3 years ago . it's a few photos in on the gallery with the mulberry/silver paint and globe wheels..

http://www.namt.com.au/gt.html .

Last edited by roddy1960; 11-03-2018 at 11:53 AM.
This user likes this post:
Old 11-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #63
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry guys , I know it's off topic. On the back of my typo XB instead of EB at the start of my first post on the thread and re my friend's XB GT (1974) that featured at the National Automotive Museum (Tasmania) themed exhibit from a couple of years ago for the Falcon GT The Legend I decided to see if it featured in the Gallery pictures of that event . It did .

http://www.namt.com.au/gt.html . It's the seventh photo in the gallery pics.

Hard to miss .. His dad bought it brand new in 1974 and it's pride of place with his 1973 Lincoln Continental , 1965 Australian assembled Ford Galaxy , F Series truck , Leyland P76 and Jeep Grand Cherokee ..

If you're ever in Lonnie it's well worth a bit of time to visit a really good car museum that runs a lot of themed events for decent periods of time.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2018, 04:40 PM   #64
colgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
colgood , That's a very beautiful XB GT . I remember when the EB GT was released and some thought it was a bit too different to previous GT's . I didn't.

I love what it was/is and is one of my favourite Falcons of all time . Well done on getting hold of yours . Lovely.

I agree with the suggestions to contact any nearby Tickford /FPV/ GT Clubs . I reckon there'd have to be a few around who would be able to point you in the right direction on details of such a special car.

Have you seen this Shannons Club show about the EB Falcon but the GT gets a fair old go in the show as part of it .

Thanks for your comments Roddy. Yes mate, that Shannons clip is very good. No luck yet...but hoping someone will remember the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPzQmfFZMU ..

Tell you something else about how Ford/FPV used to do the GT's . Being a bit different wasn't too extraordinary with a bit of more extensive body kit here and there and one that copped a hiding initially but went on to be a bit of a classic looker later on was the FPV GT R-Spec..And it was bloody quick and capable too.

Good luck tracking down as much info as you can on your beaut black beast .
replied above!
colgood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #65
colgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Oops ...Typo ,sorry . Edit time expired . I typed XB instead of EB right at the start of my post. After that it seems I might have turned my brain on again .
Sorry . Definitely meant EB GT not XB GT although the XB GT was pretty amazing too and a good friend has a immaculate example (1974) that was a prime exhibit for the National Automotive Museum (Launceston) a couple of years ago.

On Grant's beaut XB GT here's a gallery photo of her from that Ford Falcon GT , The Legend themed exhibit from 2-3 years ago . it's a few photos in on the gallery with the mulberry/silver paint and globe wheels..

http://www.namt.com.au/gt.html .
Cheers mate. Yes...I've heard about the museum in Launceston & hope to get there soon. Geelong had a great display at the 'Discovery Centre'. (shame it closed). XB GT's were a great car. I remember my brother had one for many years in the early 80's
Old 15-03-2018, 10:45 AM   #66
PUMKIN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler View Post
Has someone here seen or own it???
It had huge history.
Hi mate, I recently ran the vin through rego system and found it still registered in Qld
PUMKIN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #67
svosprint94

As EBGT P07 doesn’t reside in W.A. anymore it makes it harder to now get info as it is no longer registered here so would have to search by using the vin number etc instead of wallking into DOT where they can pull up the number plate of the car and if you get a really good person they can tell you when it was first registered in W.A. And how many owners it’s had since being here.
svosprint94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2018, 09:29 PM   #68
colgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by svosprint94 View Post
As EBGT P07 doesn’t reside in W.A. anymore it makes it harder to now get info as it is no longer registered here so would have to search by using the vin number etc instead of wallking into DOT where they can pull up the number plate of the car and if you get a really good person they can tell you when it was first registered in W.A. And how many owners it’s had since being here.
Picture attached Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg cid_109.jpeg (95.1 KB, 37 views)