Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 18-12-2016, 09:16 AM   #1
GeraldG
Starter Motor

Default GC/KC Meteor wagon child restraints

Does anyone know where the child seat restraint points are in the back of the Meteor GC wagon please?
We've just bought one in really good nick but didnt have the owners handbook with it.
GeraldG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: GC/KC Meteor wagon child restraints

Can't help with specifics of that model, but by that age, the ADRs dictated the minimum of 3 points, so they will be there. I wasn't until later on that the ADRs dictated the need to have at least one fitted with a bolt/clip like a 2000s Falcon or Commodore, so you're looking for the threaded holes, which can be elusive in a wagon or hatch with carpet in the rear.

Lift up the carpet in the load area & see if they are visible in the floorpan. Otherwise check the rear of the seat back. They're the only 2 locations you'll find them in. They may or may not have plastic plugs covering them .
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. One other location for child restraint points may be the upper frame of the tailgate opening or a combination of any 2 places, ie. the outer points in the floor and the middle point on the back of the seat. If the anchor points have never been used they may have a plastic plug screwed into them and the thread size is 5/16 unc. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
GeraldG
Starter Motor

Thanks guys. I've located a couple of plugged holes where you expect them to be - in the floor pan in the cargo area about the mid point of each seat. But there is no threaded plate fitted which you'd normally expect to see.
The holes are directly above a chassis box section which have corresponding holes in the bottom of it.
I've found an owners handbook on ebay so hopefully that'll shed light on my problem.
In the meantime I'll keep looking.
Old 19-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #5
GeraldG
Starter Motor

Thanks Michael for the tip about the frame above the tailgate. That's exactly where they were - 3 of them.