Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #31
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
For the people that claim 170hp can't be done on a 1.6L. Take a look at the 4G92 Mivec 131kw from a 1.6L from the factory.

Its different but it can be done.

Oh no i never said it cant be done with a 1.6... i said it cant be done with OUR 1.6

To the best of my knowledge i remember you saying this too......
Of course if you attach a Toybo to it then 170 is a piece of p155.

And your comparing a 1.6L motor out of the base model ''econobox'' to a motor which is highly strung and features lift cam technology similar to Vtec.

That motor is best compared to comething like the B18 out of the integra.

No point comparing it to the fiesta motor.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #32
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Autosalon magazine rated the 1.6l VTEC engine as one of the finest engines (i guess for tuners). Dunno what they call it exactly (im at work and the magazine is in my bedroom ) B16A? B16?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #33
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Oh no i never said it cant be done with a 1.6... i said it cant be done with OUR 1.6

To the best of my knowledge i remember you saying this too......
Of course if you attach a Toybo to it then 170 is a piece of p155.

And your comparing a 1.6L motor out of the base model ''econobox'' to a motor which is highly strung and features lift cam technology similar to Vtec.

That motor is best compared to comething like the B18 out of the integra.

No point comparing it to the fiesta motor.
i think your the one that is highly strung at the moment....but any way back on topic....

Ford tend to do some really weird things.....what was the dealer you went to al.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #34
Nappa
Impressive...

Yesterday i went for a drive in a Colt Ralliart, a direct competitor of the Fiesta ST (if it comes here) I must say that I wasn’t overly impressed with
The colt as a package. Sure it has all the right equipment, Turbo 1.5ltr engine, recaro seats, 16inch alloys, outlandish plastic body kit, decent brakes and a nice gear box, but when driving it it felt cheap and a bit nasty. Its NVH was shocking and the steering had very little feeling in it.

A prefer the smooth but well weighted drive from a fiesta.

It seemed to lack the refinement that a fiesta has. Not a bad car I suppose but for 33,500 I’d want a bit more for my money.

I think I will drive a Polo GTI next to compare the two.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #35
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
Yesterday i went for a drive in a Colt Ralliart, a direct competitor of the Fiesta ST (if it comes here) I must say that I wasn’t overly impressed with
The colt as a package. Sure it has all the right equipment, Turbo 1.5ltr engine, recaro seats, 16inch alloys, outlandish plastic body kit, decent brakes and a nice gear box, but when driving it it felt cheap and a bit nasty. Its NVH was shocking and the steering had very little feeling in it.

A prefer the smooth but well weighted drive from a fiesta.

It seemed to lack the refinement that a fiesta has. Not a bad car I suppose but for 33,500 I’d want a bit more for my money.

I think I will drive a Polo GTI next to compare the two.
true a Ralliart Colt is a good car as a package....and yes true you should really be getting more out of it for the Price tag....the POLO gti is a wonderful car ive heard....best person would be to ask mitch....he has recently purchased one....

Old 10-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #36
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
RANT
The laws of thermodynamics remain the same for ALL engines. Vtec, Mivec etc is only there to improve low-down driveablity and emmisions.

This is WAY off topic

Last edited by Piotr; 10-11-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #37
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Well, going by my car (Clio) they would haved asked because it might have said;

1.4L - Mudflap available
1.6L - Mudflap available
2.0L - N/A

Same with the tow bar. You can get a Tow Bar on lesser model Clios, however on a 2.0L you aren't allowed to fit it, hence it says N/A for the 2.0L

This could also be the case with the 2.0L Fiesta ST - certain parts aren't available. Hence the reason why they ask (since it is in the system - then again they should know we don't have it here yet!)
The point really is that the parts interpreter should know his product, its pointless asking someone if they have the 2.0l engine when they dont even bloody sell it. Heres a thought if I win lotto i might be able to build an XR4 from parts and have the first one in Oz. :
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #38
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

*big wacking stick from the overlord*

make sure you keep this on track and play nice

That is all

Chris
Old 10-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imolator
The point really is that the parts interpreter should know his product, its pointless asking someone if they have the 2.0l engine when they dont even bloody sell it. Heres a thought if I win lotto i might be able to build an XR4 from parts and have the first one in Oz. :
Haha, true. In reality that never works. Called the bigget local dealer today.

I wanted to buy a spare rim.

I was asked for a VIN number, then Rego number, then if it was 18 inch, if it was standard, if I had a sports pack, how many spokes the rim was and also what colour it was. : (Correct Answer; Cup pack has std 16" Charcoal rims)

Unfortunate that these things happen!

Back on the topic though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
Not a bad car I suppose but for 33,500 I’d want a bit more for my money.
: $33,500 on the road? WOW, that is pretty steep

Oh, and Imolator - I challange you to building the Fiesta ST :P Only to then be told it will be released here (knowing Ford... a little late and backwards with everything)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #40
0xyg3n

mud flaps :p

Last edited by 0xyg3n; 10-11-2006 at 07:28 PM.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:18 PM   #41
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Gee can we make the picture any bigger there

But..

Can you please resize it

Thanks

Chris
Old 10-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #42
0xyg3n

I wasn't hosting that pic I just copyed the url from http://www.fiestasportingtrophy.co.uk I have now hosted it on my site and resized it for you.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #43
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
take the extractors race cat.. add a locally developed Cam set from say Crow cams and a custom ECU Chip or edit or whatever....i dont care what ppl from UKFN say....like ive said many times b4. ifi want to do it i will.....
for someone who asks about rotors, pads, spark plugs, you really do know your stuff, dont you???
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #44
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Cheers Oxy

just makes it a bit easier to see thats all
Old 10-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #45
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
for someone who asks about rotors, pads, spark plugs, you really do know your stuff, dont you???
i knew EBC green stuff and NGK products ware available...i just wanted to know what and who used what.....

what can i say. i learn fast josh lol....and its not too hard to read things off the net and learn about things......

Old 10-11-2006, 08:36 PM   #46
0xyg3n

Well if you wanna find out if ST parts are in the Aus part list try these part numbers at a ford dealer 4M5G 6C032-SB, 33S7G 6011-BA :P
Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #47
0xyg3n

Cancel that I just noticed the date is late october a little old.
http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...d=622&Itemid=2
Old 11-11-2006, 01:28 AM   #48
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Thats exactly why ford don't sell mud flaps on the ST. With a big engine at the front + front mudflaps the car just wants to stand on its two fronts.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #49
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Fiesta XR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
The laws of thermodynamics remain the same for ALL engines. Vtec, Mivec etc is only there to improve low-down driveablity and emmisions.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

I DARE you to post that in the Ozhonda forum ! That is truely the most hilarious joke i have ever heard. What a funny little boy you are !
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 11-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #50
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

I DARE you to post that in the Ozhonda forum ! That is truely the most hilarious joke i have ever heard. What a funny little boy you are !
You have NO clue do you?

VTEC basically allows and engine to run 2 cam profiles (Low speed and High speed). Given 2 Identical engines one with VTEC and the other with only the high speed cam they will identical characteristics once the VTEC kicks in yo. Its only there for driveability and emissions.

You truly are getting dumber as time goes on.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #51
Danny
GT4.

Quote:

Seriously Mitch

STFU

You're acting like a dickhole mate, just go dis the fk out of the fez and all of us now that you have the new car? Jesus..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #52
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Looks like Fords are the only european car that does'nt turn thier owners into F-wits...

P.s I think Ceiling Cat (AKA Fordel) is watching you Mitch..

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #53
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
Looks like Fords are the only european car that does'nt turn thier owners into F-wits...

i like the cat who is stealing your DATAZ lol and your INTERNETZ

Old 11-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #54
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear

lol that cat looks like my cat monty :P
Old 12-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #55
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't you guys ever learn?

Regarding Vtec/ Mivec engines - an engine with the same peak power output using a normal camshaft set up would be totally undriveable for a normal road car. So, in effect Vtec both increases the maximum power output and improves driveability at lower revs which are BOTH important on a road going engine.

Otherwise why weren't Honda producing road going engines with such high power outputs before they introduced Vtec?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #56
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

The way i understood piotrs original post was... that vtec did NOTHING except improve low end torque and reduce emissions (which is funny because most honda owners complain that their cars have no torque).

Oxygen, thats kinda scary... because MY cat looks exactly like that and his name is Monty aswell !! ha ha ha

Danny, keep it cool mate. im not having a dig at you. P.S hows that Ghia interior light?

Loads of fun :
Old 12-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #57
Danny
GT4.

DW I know you weren't Digging at me mate.

Quote:
P.S hows that Ghia interior light?
I Smashed it after our little lovers tiff : : jk
Old 12-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #58
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Fiesta XR4

Here's my main man Monty momentarily managing to make a measely effort ... god damn im no good with words.

Monty hard at work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00176.JPG (32.5 KB, 37 views)

Loads of fun :
Old 12-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #59
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

That's a cute pussy. Why is it doing a leg spread?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 03:23 PM   #60
Danny
GT4.

I like Ginger Pussys...