Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2022, 05:44 PM   #991
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
It seems strange to me that deliveries have started yet there is no brochure available on the Ford website. Mine comes next month yet the dealer can't provide me with any details on a soft tonneau.

I had a look at one today. The interior width looks to be very similar to me with the extra track width accommodated more just by bulged guards rather than a wider body.
Ford has advised dealers that it is ending both print and digital brochures as of July 1.
Saving $3 million, stingy cheapskate A-holes to the bitter end….

https://www.motor1.com/news/595701/f...cle-brochures/

Ford Ends Print, Digital New Vehicle Brochures Starting July 1
Budget constraints and the enduring chip shortage are to blame.

Jul 01, 2022 at 1:23pm ET
By: Christopher Smith
Listen to this article
Update: A Ford spokesperson confirmed a notification was sent to dealerships recently regarding the elimination of new vehicle brochures, and offered this statement:

"We are modernizing our shopping solutions and creating more digital experiences for our customers on Ford.com."
New vehicle brochures have been a staple in the auto industry for decades, but that long tradition could be coming to an end at Ford starting July 1. The automaker is reportedly ending the creation of brochures in both print and digital format, leaving Ford's official website as the only source for current vehicle information.

Ford sent a communication to its dealership networkin the waning days of June announcing the change, according to Cars Direct. The letter allegedly cited budget constraints and the enduring microchip shortage as the reasons for the decision.

Errors in print brochures for the Mustang Mach 1 resulted in hefty fines and payouts of over $3 million from Ford last year in Australia. Brochures mentioned features on the car such as adaptive cruise control, rear parking sensors, and the Torsen limited-slip differential, but those items aren't offered on Mach 1s sold in that part of the world. Aside from the payout and a hefty fine from the Australian government, Ford had to incur the costs of reprinting brochures four times before all the details were sorted out.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2022, 06:47 PM   #992
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Well it would be nice if they put the specs on the website then.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2022, 07:53 PM   #993
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Well I guess when you have orders stacked out the door, maybe Ford think it doesn’t matter…..
It would be nice to know in comparisons, maybe we have to wait until the American ones are out…
Old 15-07-2022, 08:01 PM   #994
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Just saw my first new gen Ranger in the flesh and all I can say is thank God for the V6td as the vehicle itself is a hideous looking thing and departs from everything that sets PX apart from the rest.
Its completely out of proportion, the cab looks too far set back and seems narrower inside.
From the rear the tailgate looks too shallow and the rear bar too high, like a LDV T60.
And then theres that front, I once said it looked like a cut and shut of an F truck on a PX but the rest is so far removed from the attractiveness of the PX that the body proportions and front end treatment deserve each other.
The first thing I noticed when I opened the drivers door was the big gap under the steering column shroud that reveals bare steel and fasteners and the interior door handle flap thing feels very flimsy to operate.

Apart from the V6 its a step backwards.

Flame away.
I can't believe I am going to say this, but I saw one in the flesh yesterday as well, and while I didn't detail it as well as you did, I too thought that there was something about them that looked odd - particularly from the side view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekgib View Post
How dare you come to a Ford Forum and express an opinion that some people won't like ?
All good. I'll have to suss out my local Ford dealer tomorrow and see what the fuss is about.
Yep, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

There is a difference between posting on a Ford Forum expressing your genuine opinion and posting just to **** others off (ie trolling). Some people must think that Russ and the moderation don't know the difference. If you are one of these people then you are sadly very mistaken.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2022, 08:41 PM   #995
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Well I guess when you have orders stacked out the door, maybe Ford think it doesn’t matter…..
It would be nice to know in comparisons, maybe we have to wait until the American ones are out…
Pretty sure the NZ market has a brochure on their Ford site.
Old 15-07-2022, 09:12 PM   #996
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Spotted a yellow Wildtrak demo at my local dealer today, went for a quick look and liked what I saw at a glance, if I get a chance I’ll got for a proper look and a test drive on Monday if it’s the V6.

Now that it’s looking like this will likely replace the better half’s SZ Titanium I’m tossing up the pro’s and Con’s versus the Next Gen Everest.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2022, 09:30 PM   #997
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If anyone's interested tonight I noticed Brighton Ford has quite a few around their yard which is being renovated, saw at least at least a couple of Wildtrak's, maybe an XLT, XLS and a V6 Sport.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2022, 09:32 PM   #998
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
I can't believe I am going to say this, but I saw one in the flesh yesterday as well, and while I didn't detail it as well as you did, I too thought that there was something about them that looked odd - particularly from the side view.
I think its colour dependant though.
It was a silver XLS that drew me in and the contrast with all the plastics around the bottom exaggerates it whereas the dark grey Wildtrak they had wasnt as bad.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2022, 08:05 AM   #999
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Pretty sure the NZ market has a brochure on their Ford site.
They do but sadly no dimensions in brochure which refers to Ford NZ website which then links back to the brochure….
Old 16-07-2022, 11:03 AM   #1000
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
They have..

https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/fut...els-specs.html
Old 16-07-2022, 11:16 AM   #1001
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

That is only very basic information. Some dimensions and weights would be nice. You know, the stuff normally found in the specs section in the brochure.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-07-2022, 11:21 AM   #1002
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Obviously the error in Mustang literature plus decontenting Escape while customers builds were delayed and the eventual builds lost features present at time of official ordering is also a factor in this dumb decision...at least have E-brochures with full spec lists.
Old 16-07-2022, 12:13 PM   #1003
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Obviously the error in Mustang literature plus decontenting Escape while customers builds were delayed and the eventual builds lost features present at time of official ordering is also a factor in this dumb decision...at least have E-brochures with full spec lists.
Yes, I think Ford is now worried about being accused of printing information that is wrong,
adds a whole new dimension to measurement of uncertainty. So now it will be down to
the less lazy internet reviewers running a tape over the more critical interior dimensions….
Old 18-07-2022, 11:24 AM   #1004
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I may be wrong, but isn't all the info that used to be available in the handbook now viewable via the touchscreen in the vehicle itself?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2022, 01:02 PM   #1005
prydey
Rob

Quote:
That is only very basic information. Some dimensions and weights would be nice. You know, the stuff normally found in the specs section in the brochure.

Dimensions, weights, capacities and ratings are all very important details for anyone shopping around. Often you don't even have access to the owners manual before purchase with some dealers. Makes it hard if you're needing to know that critical info to know if the vehicle will suit your requirements. Seems a strange decision to not even have an e-brochure.

If it is a move motivated by fear of litigation for wrong info, then fix the cause, not the effect.
Old 18-07-2022, 06:02 PM   #1006
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Is anyone aware if there is a delete option for the Wildtrak Sail Plane and Rollershutter?

Apparently there was on the outgoing model, with our intention to fit a canopy I’d rather not have to go to the trouble of removing the standard equipment then trying to locate a potential buyer.

Had a look and a quick sit in the Wildtrack, very nice, will be making a test drive appointment soon, waiting on a call so I can go and compare with a Sport.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2022, 10:42 PM   #1007
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was only half listening but I thought I heard on the radio today Thomson Ford in Parramatta are having a Ranger launch 3.00pm to 6.00pm this Friday??
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2022, 11:12 PM   #1008
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR View Post
That link doesn't show anything about dimensions and weights. Those things are important for people who buy large 4x4's for towing or off road builds.

Here's what it says for the Sport V6 on Carsales

The formatting doesn't copy over well.

Quote:
Specifications

Engine Type
Piston
Engine Location
Front
Engine Size (cc)
2993 cc
Engine Size (L)
3.0 L
Induction
Turbo Intercooled
Engine Configuration
V
Cylinders
Camshaft
Double Overhead Cam
Valves/Ports per Cylinder
Power
184kW @ 3250rpm
Torque
600Nm @ 1750-2250rpm
Power to Weight Ratio
80.6 kW/t
Transmission & Drivetrain
Gears
Gear Type
Sports Automatic
Generic Gear Type
Automatic
Gear Location
Floor
Drive
4X4 Constant
Fuel
Fuel Capacity
80 L
Fuel Type
Diesel
Fuel Delivery
Common Rail Diesel (Direct Injection)
Method of Delivery
Electronic
Fuel Consumption Combined
8.4 L/100km
Fuel Consumption Extra Urban
7.5 L/100km
Fuel Consumption Urban
10 L/100km
Fuel Average Distance
952 km
Fuel Maximum Distance
1067 km
Fuel Minimum Distance
800 km
CO2 Emission Combined
222 g/km
CO2 Extra Urban
198 g/km
CO2 Urban
265 g/km
Emission Standard
Euro 5
Wheels & Tyres
Rim Material
Alloy
Front Rim Description
18x7.5
Rear Rim Description
18x7.5
Front Tyre Description
255/65 R18
Rear Tyre Description
255/65 R18
Dimensions & Weights
Length
5370 mm
Width
1918 mm
Height
1884 mm
Wheelbase
3270 mm
Ground Clearance
Tare Mass
2282 kg
Kerb Weight
2346 kg
Gross Vehicle Mass
3280 kg
Gross Combination Mass
6400 kg
Payload
934 kg
Towing Capacity (braked)
3500 kg
Towing Capacity (Unbraked)
750 kg
Warranty & Service
Warranty in Years from First Registration
5 yr
Warranty in Km
Unlimited km
Warranty Anti Corrosion in Years from First Registration
5 yr
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2022, 10:10 AM   #1009
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2023 Ford Ranger production ramps up, waiting times reduced

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-f...times-reduced/

Quote:
Ford is hoping to halve the waiting time for the new-generation Ford Ranger after estimated delivery times blew out by more than 12 months.

Ford Australia is currently sitting on more than 20,000 orders for the new model – the highest rate of any new model in its history.

Higher than expected demand for the top-of-the-range Ford Ranger Wildtrak V6 with premium pack and the Ford Ranger Sport V6 initially saw waiting times stretch to the middle of next year on orders placed today.

A shortage of turbo diesel V6 engines and premium pack "matrix" LED headlights created a bottleneck for the Thailand factory.

Prior to launch, Ford Australia anticipated such a combination would account for about 20 per cent of Wildtrak demand, but in fact the true figure was closer to 80 per cent.

Dealers have started informing customers who are already in the queue that their waiting times will be reduced.

Importantly, the rush order means the top-end versions of the new Ford Ranger will arrive before the Volkswagen Amarok twin is due in local showrooms.

A statement from Ford Australia issued today said: "Following strong customer demand for the (3.0-litre turbo diesel) V6, we have been able to secure incremental volume of Next-Gen Ranger Wildtrak and Sport V6 models, as well as additional Premium Packs on Wildtrak. This extra volume will be produced from (October) 2022."

Ford Ranger forums on social media have lit up in recent weeks with customers comparing their wait times.

Many Ford Ranger Wildtrak customers have been offered a twin-turbo 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel without the premium pack if they want to jump the queue.

Most customers appear to be prepared to wait, but are frustrated that Ford under-called the popular options.

Ford says it is difficult to offer specific delivery times for each and every model grade, variant, option and colour, because allocations vary among dealers.
How come it's only Ford planners that didn't expect most buyers choosing Wildtrak would go V6 with premium pack....?
Old 19-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #1010
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
That link doesn't show anything about dimensions and weights. Those things are important for people who buy large 4x4's for towing or off road builds.

Here's what it says for the Sport V6 on Carsales

The formatting doesn't copy over well.
Looks like GCM has been raised? Thought it was only 6t before.

Good news for those towing heavy vans. Payload looks decent too. Still plenty of room for luggage even with a 3t trailer.
Old 19-07-2022, 10:44 AM   #1011
vbomber

Reviews will be appearing shortly

Anyone heard about V6 deliveries being suspended due to tailshaft vibrations, not sure if they are replacing them or need to be rebalanced
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2022, 11:10 AM   #1012
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw my first one on the road a v6 sport ....quite impressive, looked tough

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2022, 11:19 AM   #1013
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I'm sure I'll get a good look at the front of one as it's sitting right on my rear bumper.
Old 19-07-2022, 11:57 AM   #1014
Gumboot

2023 Ford Ranger V6 - Off road impressions video

https://youtu.be/n9AWw0PGsUM
Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2022, 12:03 PM   #1015
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am pleased Ford didnt do a Jeep, Landcruiser massive price rise.... Next gen Silverado is going up $8k. But big improvements in quality, specs etc Due May 2023..
Old 19-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #1016
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
2023 Ford Ranger production ramps up, waiting times reduced

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-f...times-reduced/

How come it's only Ford planners that didn't expect most buyers choosing Wildtrak would go V6 with premium pack....?
With Amarok buyers choosing something like 70% V6, they should have known it was going to be a popular choice to go V6. Especially when they priced it so cheaply.

At least they were quick to make the production change.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2022, 12:32 PM   #1017
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
With Amarok buyers choosing something like 70% V6, they should have known it was going to be a popular choice to go V6. Especially when they priced it so cheaply.

At least they were quick to make the production change.
Makes you wonder how disconnected the people are from the market, the ones who make those decisions about what to make and how many of them.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2022, 12:53 PM   #1018
prydey
Rob

While v6 may be popular here, perhaps it's only a small percentage of total production given the tax on larger capacity engines in Asian regions, and the push to ban diesel in other countries.

Still, they have misread Australian demand on a number of models for many years. Makes it hard to defend, even for me.
Old 19-07-2022, 01:05 PM   #1019
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
2023 Ford Ranger V6 - Off road impressions video

https://youtu.be/n9AWw0PGsUM
I do like Ty’s reviews, and watch all of his YouTube vids.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2022, 01:39 PM   #1020
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
I do like Ty’s reviews, and watch all of his YouTube vids.
Is it really a 'review' when you're sponsored by the company to come down to participate?

I'm always suspect on that sort of stuff, sponsored 'reviews' aren't really 'reviews' because someone is getting paid/getting perks for an opinion, its not independent where you're looking at a product purely based on what it is.

Its a good looking car though, looks tough AF with that new front end, the integrated brake controller, that trailer light test mode is wicked and the included aux switches for electrical accessories.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 19-07-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post