Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-07-2022, 11:51 AM   #961
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Already a few new Ranger lease cars in the company parking lot.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2022, 03:49 PM   #962
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

This is what I'm waiting on now! Sooner the better

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2022, 05:28 PM   #963
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Already a few new Ranger lease cars in the company parking lot.
I would have thought with customers waiting and more importantly paying more, staff leases would be held back a little
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-07-2022, 06:40 PM   #964
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I would have thought with customers waiting and more importantly paying more, staff leases would be held back a little
These would be staff evaluation cars, used for everyday staffers to give back feedback and final checks before the cars are released to the wild from those that not always technically minded.
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2022, 12:20 PM   #965
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
There aren't any of the old model Rangers left to use. It's the new model now or nothing.

The old lease cars will more than likely be auctioned off for a profit, cause the sale prices atm are a fair chunk higher than what Ford would even pay for them to be built.

Media drive reviews aren't far away, so it will be interesting to hear what they think about them.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #966
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There aren't any of the old model Rangers left to use. It's the new model now or nothing.

The old lease cars will more than likely be auctioned off for a profit, cause the sale prices atm are a fair chunk higher than what Ford would even pay for them to be built.

Media drive reviews aren't far away, so it will be interesting to hear what they think about them.
Out of interest, do they still turn them over every 7 months?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2022, 01:36 PM   #967
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Out of interest, do they still turn them over every 7 months?
I believe so.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:26 PM   #968
vbomber

Quote:

Chasing cars said they will be testing the range next week and I think Paul from carexpert might have already driven one
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2022, 03:31 PM   #969
vbomber

Quote:
I believe so.
If they have cars available Mate was waiting for an Everest since Jan last year never came , think his current Ranger is 2 years old now lol
Old 10-07-2022, 11:30 PM   #970
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Damn. Don’t crack a tail light. $2200+
Ouch.
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2022, 12:40 AM   #971
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Ouch.
Probably got the blindspot sensor in it like the F150?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2022, 12:41 AM   #972
vbomber

Quote:
Ouch.
Joys of new cars..... how much is the side mirror with the 360 camera on it?
Old 11-07-2022, 08:11 PM   #973
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Probably got the blindspot sensor in it like the F150?

They certainly do.
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2022, 08:17 PM   #974
vbomber

Carexpert, drive etc reviews come out from July 18th
4 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2022, 08:21 PM   #975
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ouch.
Wow had a young fella back into my old ute a few months back busted one of my tail lights. Instead of doing a runner like most he waited around untill i came back to it. Googled tail lights for mine with him and $60 later he had paid me the cost of a replacement. Poor bloke would have had to declare bankruptcy if i was driving a new ranger
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2022, 08:54 PM   #976
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So what happens to the blindspot sensor if you put a tray on the ute? Isn't is illegal to remove/disable a safety device?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2022, 10:14 PM   #977
vbomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
So what happens to the blindspot sensor if you put a tray on the ute? Isn't is illegal to remove/disable a safety device?
Will need to be put on the tray read somewhere the d-max has something similar but the way they did it was using a bracket so its easy to move it
Old 13-07-2022, 03:59 PM   #978
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://fb.watch/ee2EQERzpc/
July 19, 10am live reveal on Drive.com.au
Old 13-07-2022, 09:58 PM   #979
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Curious as to why Ford is still holding out on interior dimensions versus just superseded Ranger
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2022, 10:17 PM   #980
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

I've got mine, Wildtrak V6, if anyone wants to know anything about it I'll do my best to answer.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2022, 10:56 PM   #981
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Curious as to why Ford is still holding out on interior dimensions versus just superseded Ranger
It seems strange to me that deliveries have started yet there is no brochure available on the Ford website. Mine comes next month yet the dealer can't provide me with any details on a soft tonneau.

I had a look at one today. The interior width looks to be very similar to me with the extra track width accommodated more just by bulged guards rather than a wider body.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2022, 12:31 AM   #982
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I drove a v6 Sport today. Very impressed reminds me of the Territory V6 just with no lag. Anyone who doesn’t go the V6 is selling themselves short imho.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2022, 10:10 AM   #983
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
I drove a v6 Sport today. Very impressed reminds me of the Territory V6 just with no lag. Anyone who doesn’t go the V6 is selling themselves short imho.
Nice.. Ive got a test drive lined up finally for Tuesday (my next day off) and cant bloody wait to drive what im buying (engine at least.. they dont have a Demo WIldtrak yet so will probably be an XLT V6D)... Cant bloody wait. Once ive driven it and i confirm it drives like I think it will (owned Grand Cherokee V6D for years and its a similar motor - 3.0 V6, 184KW/570NM so kind of have a rough idea) I'll feel better.... The small (relative to price) extra spend for the V6D would always be worth it.. Unless you need one quickly, and I heard bi turbo ones are much easier to get (apparently). Are you still taking delivery of yours Smoke?

My dealer is trying to tell me its worth ditching the premium pack on my order to have one much sooner.. Tempted.. Maybe my drive will push me over the line...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2022, 12:03 PM   #984
winkle

A mate of mine was told yesterday by a local Ford dealer staff member that there are still significant supply problems with chips, and people should expect various spec changes as time rolls on. Worst case scenario, your new ute might not come with everything you expect. I have a feeling this will effect things like the premium pack.
winkle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2022, 12:07 PM   #985
vbomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
A mate of mine was told yesterday by a local Ford dealer staff member that there are still significant supply problems with chips, and people should expect various spec changes as time rolls on. Worst case scenario, your new ute might not come with everything you expect. I have a feeling this will effect things like the premium pack.
Ford/dealers have already said long delays on the premium pack if you want your car quick drop the premium pack, do know there are delays regarding the towbar and possibly the brake controller
Old 14-07-2022, 01:02 PM   #986
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Nice.. Ive got a test drive lined up finally for Tuesday (my next day off) and cant bloody wait to drive what im buying (engine at least.. they dont have a Demo WIldtrak yet so will probably be an XLT V6D)... Cant bloody wait. Once ive driven it and i confirm it drives like I think it will (owned Grand Cherokee V6D for years and its a similar motor - 3.0 V6, 184KW/570NM so kind of have a rough idea) I'll feel better.... The small (relative to price) extra spend for the V6D would always be worth it.. Unless you need one quickly, and I heard bi turbo ones are much easier to get (apparently). Are you still taking delivery of yours Smoke?
My dealer is trying to tell me its worth ditching the premium pack on my order to have one much sooner.. Tempted.. Maybe my drive will push me over the line...

Yeh we ditched premium pack on our as soon as I heard there was a supply issue. Went from not getting a car anytime soon to getting one built this month and delivered to dealership on 6th of August. The whole PP has been a debacle as Ford let dealers dress as many cars as they wanted with it then only produced X amount. I was the first to order at my dealer and I have 2 coming which both had the pack on them but missed out because Ford were ultimately the ones who picked which cars they were going to build regardless of where you were at your dealers end on the list. If they had predressed the cars for the dealers with the 20% premium pack prior dealers could have assigned cars to people based on order time etc and then picked colours to suit.

Further to that they then didn't say anything so a heap of cars that were allocated for first quarter just never happened.

I'm dissapointed about it but what can you do, I am sick of waiting for cars so we just proceeded with out. Q Ford have a V6 Sport and a Wildtrak Bi Turbo Demo, no premium packs yet.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2022, 11:00 PM   #987
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Default New Ranger teaser vidz

Spotted a black XLT 4x4 BiT on tray truck on Springvale Rd today, looked really good with the black finish sports bar etc.

Last edited by SSVPom; 14-07-2022 at 11:09 PM.
SSVPom is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2022, 02:00 PM   #988
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Just saw my first new gen Ranger in the flesh and all I can say is thank God for the V6td as the vehicle itself is a hideous looking thing and departs from everything that sets PX apart from the rest.
Its completely out of proportion, the cab looks too far set back and seems narrower inside.
From the rear the tailgate looks too shallow and the rear bar too high, like a LDV T60.
And then theres that front, I once said it looked like a cut and shut of an F truck on a PX but the rest is so far removed from the attractiveness of the PX that the body proportions and front end treatment deserve each other.
The first thing I noticed when I opened the drivers door was the big gap under the steering column shroud that reveals bare steel and fasteners and the interior door handle flap thing feels very flimsy to operate.

Apart from the V6 its a step backwards.

Flame away.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2022, 02:16 PM   #989
Vekgib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Just saw my first new gen Ranger in the flesh and all I can say is thank God for the V6td as the vehicle itself is a hideous looking thing and departs from everything that sets PX apart from the rest.
Its completely out of proportion, the cab looks too far set back and seems narrower inside.
From the rear the tailgate looks too shallow and the rear bar too high, like a LDV T60.
And then theres that front, I once said it looked like a cut and shut of an F truck on a PX but the rest is so far removed from the attractiveness of the PX that the body proportions and front end treatment deserve each other.
The first thing I noticed when I opened the drivers door was the big gap under the steering column shroud that reveals bare steel and fasteners and the interior door handle flap thing feels very flimsy to operate.

Apart from the V6 its a step backwards.

Flame away.
How dare you come to a Ford Forum and express an opinion that some people won't like ?
All good. I'll have to suss out my local Ford dealer tomorrow and see what the fuss is about.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2022, 04:05 PM   #990
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Yeh we ditched premium pack on our as soon as I heard there was a supply issue. Went from not getting a car anytime soon to getting one built this month and delivered to dealership on 6th of August. The whole PP has been a debacle as Ford let dealers dress as many cars as they wanted with it then only produced X amount. I was the first to order at my dealer and I have 2 coming which both had the pack on them but missed out because Ford were ultimately the ones who picked which cars they were going to build regardless of where you were at your dealers end on the list. If they had predressed the cars for the dealers with the 20% premium pack prior dealers could have assigned cars to people based on order time etc and then picked colours to suit.

Further to that they then didn't say anything so a heap of cars that were allocated for first quarter just never happened.

I'm dissapointed about it but what can you do, I am sick of waiting for cars so we just proceeded with out. Q Ford have a V6 Sport and a Wildtrak Bi Turbo Demo, no premium packs yet.
I officially ditched the PP this morning... I'll have my vehicle in September at this stage rather than next year with PP so thats something as Im super impatient. I only wanted the B&O anyway (couldnt care less about the Matrix LED/etc) so I'll deal with it.. Exciting times ahead..

Had a good look at a Wildtrak Biturbo today. Didnt drive, as obviously its not what im getting, and suitably impressed with the interior and think they look great in real life. Really glad I upgraded from the Sport. Wasnt able to drive as their only V6 Demo was out with "the boss" when I went in and I wasnt able to wait for it (and i was a surprise visit as I was in the area, and im still booked to drive it Tuesday). Looking forward to having a drive...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post