Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 28-11-2005, 11:33 AM   #1
SP Ken

Default Farewell to Marcos, Best Wishes Steve

Well I'm not sure that Marcos will get a chance to read this as he will be getting on his plane to the US any day now but we will give it a go.

Thank you Marcos for all of the support you have given the club as Patron over the years and from the members of the XR6 and XR8 Club of Queensland all the very best for your future endeavours. We are sure you will fly the Aussie Flag high amongst all those "Good Old Boys" in the States.

To Steve Ellery, the thoughts of the Club are with you over the silly season and we hope you can pull of a drive next year that is worthy of your talent. We are all hoping that sanity will prevail and you will still have a seat in the main game next year. As original Patron of our club you have always found time to chat to the clubbies which goes to show what a gentleman you really are. We have everything crossed for you.

Cheers,

Ken

Old 28-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

here here ^^^^^^what Ken Said!!!!

I got Austar put on just so i can get ESPN to watch the NASCAR series.

GO MARCUS GO!!!

I have no Doubt some one will see Ellery and pick him up at the last minute!

Well Done Rusty!!!!! that was a top skid while hanging out of the car!!!! can you teach me how to do that?
Old 28-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #3
Peter Barrett
Starter Motor

Default Farwell to Marcus

"It was the best of times; its was the worst of times...."

Great to see "Nine Fingers" Ingall make the top step of the podium and sad that we are losing young Ambrose.

Marcus has been a wonderful ambassador for the category. He displayed a thoroughly professional attitude throughout his V8 career and was a deserving champion.

I would join with the other subscribers to this thread and wish him god speed and good luck in the US of A.
Old 28-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Here Here.
Best of luck to Marcos Ambrose.

I am more interested in the Heres hopeing bit for Steve Ellery. This Guy has been an unbelievable supporter of this club, as we have been to him. While he has fallen below the expectation levels of many (likely himself also) he so richly deserves another chance.
Heres hopeing he gets it.
Good Luck Steve Ellery, You are a Champion of this CLub!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
SNOT BOX
Starter Motor

Congrats to all of the Ford CHAMPIONS & i hope that Steve you prove 888 has made a "HUGE" mistake by letting you go : , their loss is Larkham's gane & as they are going to the same level engines as 888 it will show that on the track : .
SNOT BOX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #6
Lowndes2b1
Craig Lowndes'#1Supporter

Won't say Goodbye, just farewell. Goodluck over in the States Marcos.

You brought that winning feeling back to FORD and we aren't going to give it back without a fight.

Will miss you heaps, especially those cheeky comments I always had the pleasure to get from you. Got a lot of great memories(and photos _2: ).

Thanks for everything.

As for Steve, got everything crossed for you. You've had a few ups and downs this year, but the ups definitely out weight the downs. Goodluck and look forward to seeing you at and on the race track in 2006.