Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 08-11-2005, 08:57 AM   #1
smitsy289
smitsy

Thumbs up Day out in the Tannum Gladstone Area...

Guys I've been recieveing quite a bit for interest in the club in the last couple of weeks mainly through work (BSL) and of course the first question is allways "Are you guys having a get together soon" So after talking with MNM the other week and both agreeing this would be a great idea, I was thinking of a day out to get these people together, either down the Mellenium or Canoe Point at Tannum/Boyne or Spinnaker Park Gladstone so that people can see what we have to offer or just have a general jaw flappping seminar, maybe a good excuse to get the local members together before the X-mas madness takes hold. Being a new member I have only been to one function since I joined and that was the BBQ over MNM's the other week, and if the fun you guys and gals have when you get together is any indication I couldn't imagine there would be too much trouble attracting people to the Central Qld side of things. Maybe next Sunday, depending on the number of members in the area we will can choose either Tannum or Gladstone. Any feed back would be appreciated...

Old 08-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Hey Smitsy,
Sunday the 20th is ok for me and we would be happy to come down your neck of the woods and enjoy some sea breezes at Milenium Esplanade. Count us in!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
smitsy289
smitsy

Yes the 20th sounds like the go, This day was mainly to see how much interest I could generate for the club out this way.

If the dates dont work out for folks then by all means we could re-arrange them to suit. Either way we got to get together at some stage. Let me hear what you think !!!

Last edited by smitsy289; 08-11-2005 at 10:37 PM.
smitsy289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 08:15 PM   #4
foxylady

Would love to be there to meet and greet but we are heading south for Phillip Island that weekend : Will be thinking of you all, lookout for us on the start finish line. Maybe we can catch up over new years?
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 11:11 PM   #5
TAN066
Starter Motor

Default Day Out In Tannum

Would love to come over but Sunday the 20th is out as other half is at work. Just a suggestion of maybe the next weekend and have the get together and then maybe meet at someones place and watch the last race of the season. Maybe we could see some foxies at the finish line! The following weekend is out as the smileys r off to the 888 all ford fan day. Let me know what you think. :
TAN066 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 08:48 AM   #6
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Unfortunately the 20th is out for us as well, work Xmas party at Rydges. :
NEXT weekend will be with the fox's at the finish line on Phillip Island celebrating. :

Spoke to MNM last night, you guy's get together, I am sure you are more than capable of promoting the club.

Have fun
Old 09-11-2005, 10:11 PM   #7
smitsy289
smitsy

The greatest laid plans of men and mice...I'll see ya'll at the New years Eve Party... :sm_headba
Old 09-11-2005, 10:50 PM   #8
Kriaun
FORD & ALL BLACKS FOR EVA

Hey,
Shaun & Kristy here we are in the process of joining as we speak and would love to meet up with eveyone, either weekend suits us & does not matter where.
Looking forward to it.
See ya all then
Kriaun
Kriaun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #9
smitsy289
smitsy

Hi Shaun and kristy, Sorry about the delay in getting back to you...By the looks of thing most poeple will be away over the X-mas break so I might put it off till early next year and try again...there will be a New years Eve party happening so stay tuned for the details I am sure once it is all arranged the details will be posted here for all to see...By the way on Sunday around lunch time I hear the Port Curtis car club will be having a day out at Millenium with the cars so it might be a good day out to see a bit of the local talant I know I will be there to have a ganda' might see you there...
Old 11-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #10
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriaun
Hey,
Shaun & Kristy here we are in the process of joining as we speak and would love to meet up with eveyone, either weekend suits us & does not matter where.
Looking forward to it.
See ya all then
Kriaun

Sorry to go off topic here guys , but Are you the Shaun and Kristi that Visit the chat room on Bigpond while the Supercars are being tellecast on line ? If you are I am NTwombat on there ! :

Wish I was in Queensland , Id join the club too , but Im stuck in darwin working for now ! Good luck with getting together and have a good time when it happens !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #11
Kriaun

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitsy289
Hi Shaun and kristy, Sorry about the delay in getting back to you...By the looks of thing most poeple will be away over the X-mas break so I might put it off till early next year and try again...there will be a New years Eve party happening so stay tuned for the details I am sure once it is all arranged the details will be posted here for all to see...By the way on Sunday around lunch time I hear the Port Curtis car club will be having a day out at Millenium with the cars so it might be a good day out to see a bit of the local talant I know I will be there to have a ganda' might see you there...
Hey smitsy, Its is that silly season again everyone getting on the grog with there work fuctions and social clubs, so what eva turns out will be cool with us.New years eve sounds good keep me posted on that.
I am new to gladstone so can you tell me where millenium is?? and is that this sunday the 13th? I would be real keen to go to that.well I better go my beer is getting warm.
Have a great weekend
Kristy & Shaun.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:41 PM   #12
Kriaun

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Sorry to go off topic here guys , but Are you the Shaun and Kristi that Visit the chat room on Bigpond while the Supercars are being tellecast on line ? If you are I am NTwombat on there ! :

Wish I was in Queensland , Id join the club too , but Im stuck in darwin working for now ! Good luck with getting together and have a good time when it happens !
Nah mate, thats not us our pc is to dame slow for broadband.
Yeah hope something happens soon with the club, as we are new would like to meet everyone sometime, but I have meet MNM & Tucky saw them down at the shops last weekend thats pretty much how we found out about it.
Well time to shoot off
Catch up

Kristy & Shaun
Old 12-11-2005, 06:41 AM   #13
smitsy289
smitsy

You will find the Millenium in Tannum Sands, for want of a better description, its the beach front, if you do get lost just ask one of the natives and they will be glad to point you in the right direction... it: And yes it is this this sunday...Now its only word of mouth, but everybody is talking about it at work, so there has to be some substance to it...Should be good
Old 12-11-2005, 08:33 PM   #14
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Hey Shaun
Welcome, we will get together soon, I promise, we have the big Phillip Island to get out of the way first, I am sure MNM will organise something in Gladstone, catch up with you later