Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 27-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
Kenfast

Default Advice on buying a BA XR8

H there,

New to this forum, I am looking a present at purchasing a MAY 2004 BA XR8 MANUAL. The car is the darker metallic green in colour has 43,000km's on it and is stock standard with full service history. I am just wanting to know if there is anything to look for with this model and also what would be a fair price for this vehicle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Brendan

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
LS2 KLR

Howdy I've got a 2003 xr8 ute and had some probs after I bought it(2yrs 30000k's). Most annoying prob I had was the engine stalling. It always stalled going into a roundabout when choosing 2nd. Very annoying. Took it to the ford dealer and they put a new program in it and it fixed the problem, was fine till I touched the limiter and started to stall again. It went back in for a new program and has been fairly reliable, only stalled twice in last year. Had steering rack knock, ford replaced rack, still knocks, now they won't touch it because it's been lowered, I just live with the problem now. Had the g/box re- shimmed due to excessive 3rd gear noise but this is with 5 sp. This is pretty much it apart from timing chain rattle. I've been really happy apart from those little quirks which I'm fairly sure a common traits in MkI's. Hope this is of some help.
LS2 KLR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the main thing you need to look for is diff clunk, whick id fixed under warranty any way.. All in all you reay can mot go wrong with that car. Just remember your in the XR club of QLD, and Byrn Byrt Ford is one of our sponsors so they will look after your warranty needs.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

The stalling sounds like the problem i had with a auto-manual conversion. where the revs drop too quick for the auto ecu and then it flat lines ________________________/\______

Edit will fix it :