Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 23-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
bigrod
Starter Motor

Default 1999 Xr6 Vct Au Auto Question

Hi all ford fans, A question about my automatic trans. My car is coming upto 130000/k's and the auto has never been touched, it is sealed from new, can't check the auto fluid. my question is do i need to put it in for a service, how often do i need to service it.is it over due??. can i do it myself? what will i need besides auto trans fluid.My owners manual says you never need to touch it but somehow i just cant believe it. anyone in the know please help!!! thanks in advance and advice.. take care all and drive safe......Rod..Brisbane south

bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

There is a thread that will help you out dramatically here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=15225

Post #15 actually answers your question in detail:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...8&postcount=15

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 02:16 AM   #3
bigrod
Starter Motor

Thanks Casper your a fine fellow, may good luck come to your and your loved ones for helping me out.......Thanks again...Rod
bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #4
Matt P
No Boundries

A quick tip when removing the 16mm plug use a single hex socket only not a spanner or doubble hex socket, most of the ones I have removed are over tightened and you will round off the mild steel plug if the soccet does not have a good grip. If you want to flush the system remove the top oil cooler line fitting from the radiator 17mm spanner will do the job. If you go to your local radiator shop you can get a fitting that will screw into the radiator and allow you to attach a length of hose to the outlet. Put the hose into an empty oil drum a 20ltr is perfect. Once the pan is full of fresh oil ie castrol TQ95 or valv 95LE they are the first to I can think of.Start the car in park and bring the revs up oil will flow from the hose into the drum once it slows down turn the car off refill the pan and repeat until the oil going into the drum is nice and red. If you dont flush the system the torque convertor stays full of old oil so it was pointless to change the oil in the first place. Once you have done that remove the fitting from the radiator and screw the cooler line back in dont over tighten you can brake the radiator fitting. Run the car around the block to make sure gear change is ok and recheck oil it can drop down after a short run.
Matt P is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #5
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P
A quick tip when removing the 16mm plug use a single hex socket only not a spanner or doubble hex socket, most of the ones I have removed are over tightened and you will round off the mild steel plug if the soccet does not have a good grip. If you want to flush the system remove the top oil cooler line fitting from the radiator 17mm spanner will do the job. If you go to your local radiator shop you can get a fitting that will screw into the radiator and allow you to attach a length of hose to the outlet. Put the hose into an empty oil drum a 20ltr is perfect. Once the pan is full of fresh oil ie castrol TQ95 or valv 95LE they are the first to I can think of.Start the car in park and bring the revs up oil will flow from the hose into the drum once it slows down turn the car off refill the pan and repeat until the oil going into the drum is nice and red. If you dont flush the system the torque convertor stays full of old oil so it was pointless to change the oil in the first place. Once you have done that remove the fitting from the radiator and screw the cooler line back in dont over tighten you can brake the radiator fitting. Run the car around the block to make sure gear change is ok and recheck oil it can drop down after a short run.
Matt P............Genius!!!! (aka smart a$$)

how do you do it on a manual? : (smart a$$)