Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 05-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #1
Mick Molloy
EX Holden Man

Default What to look for when buying an XR6 Turbo??

I am currently looking to buy an XR6 Turbo and I would like to find out the sort of things I should keep an eye out for when shopping for my new ride....

These are the things I know I want:

Blue Print in Colour
Leather Seats
Auto
2003-2004 model

I will be looking to join the club once I have my XR6, (the Kia I have now wouldn't cut the mustard)

Mick Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 12:46 AM   #2
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Apparently with BA's check under the trim in the boot (Parcel tray and joins) there my be some rust? as apparently its a common thing.

thats all i know and the usual noises eg, driveline/diff
Old 06-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
Mick Molloy
EX Holden Man

I will check that out thanks.
I also want the premium sound system too....
Mick Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #4
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Check the paint work on bumpers and in well under wheel arch, notorious for paint flaking.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
xr6per

Once you find a car that you think is the right one, simply spend the money on an RACQ check. There can still be a lot you don't find if you are not a professional. If the car is an 03+ car under 100k's it is still covered under warranty and with the report in hand you should be able to get any major faults fixed.
One of our members just sold his XR6T late last year and the buyer asked for an inspection wich showed it needed new tailshaft and diff seals and had some corrosion as well. Ford fixed it all under warrenty before the new owner took possession of the car. Mind you, the car had just been serviced 2K's ago without Ford mentioning the above problems. Bet you they would mention it once the warranty has expired and tell you that it needs fixing.
Good luck in your hunt and hope to see you in the club one day.

Cheers Per
xr6per is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post