Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default New Fiesta

Ford's funky new feature laden Fiesta, complete with model inspired good looks and dynamic driveability, will shake up the light car segment when it arrives in Ford dealerships in January 2009.

"The all-new Fiesta will be the hottest property in the light car segment," said Ford Australia President & CEO Marin Burela.

"Fiesta is a stylish and dynamic car that redefines and further rejuvenates Ford's light car line-up. It's the perfect new vehicle for the young, as well as the young at heart."

The dramatic, eye-catching design of the new model is an extension of Ford's acclaimed kinetic design language. Clean, sharp angular lines instantly differentiate the new model from its competitors, while a space-age like interior introduces an easy-to-master suite of operational controls.

"The new model shows an exciting interpretation of kinetic design, with an energetic, sophisticated and distinctive exterior and a refreshingly different interior design," said Mr Burela.

Complementing the fresh new look is an equally appealing recommended retail price, starting at $15,750 for the CL model, $18,490 for the LX and $20,250 for the Zetec (excluding dealer delivery and statutory charges).

A 1.6L engine with manual transmission is standard across the range, while an automatic transmission, matched to a 1.4L engine, is available as an option on all models except the three-door Zetec*.

The 1.6L engine with manual transmission delivers 88kW of power at 6000rpm and 152Nm of torque at 4050rpm. Fuel economy is a frugal 6.1L/100km and carbon is emitted at the rate of 143g/km.

The slightly smaller engine mated to the automatic transmission generates 71kW of power at 5750rpm and 128Nm of torque at 4200rpm. Fuel economy is 6.9L/100km and carbon emissions are 164g/km, while the new Fiesta is also Ethanol-10 compatible.

Fiesta will be available in both three-door and five-door body styles. The CL will be available in three-door or five-door guise, with manual transmission or optional automatic, and rides on 15-inch wheels.

The LX is five-door only, available with manual or optional automatic, and is standard with 15-inch alloy wheels.

The sports model of the range, the Zetec, is offered in both three-door and five-door configurations. The five-door is available with manual or optional automatic while the three-door is manual only.

Styling cues help distinguish the Zetec from its stablemates, which include larger 16-inch alloy wheels and a body kit comprising unique front and rear bumper, bumper grille and larger rear spoiler. The three-door model also features sports rocker panel mouldings.

All new Fiesta models will be fitted with Anti-lock Brakes with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) plus driver and passenger airbags as standard. A driver knee airbag is standard on both Zetec models.

Additional safety equipment, optional on CL and LX and standard on Zetec, includes front seat head and thorax side airbags, driver knee airbag and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with Traction Control and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA).

Innovative technology features include Bluetooth® with Voice Control (available on LX and Zetec) and USB connectivity, allowing MP3 player integration (Zetec), while a 3.5mm audio jack and Easyfuel capless refuelling is standard on all models.

Cruise control is standard on LX and Zetec models, and these vehicles are also fitted with a leather trimmed steering wheel.

There are 11 fresh exterior paint colours available across the exciting new Fiesta range.

*The automatic transmission, mated to the 1.4L 4-cylinder petrol engine, will be available for sale in Australia from February 2009

CL

LX

Zetec

Source: Ford Media

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Wow.

The car certainly looks a lot different when shot in Australian locations with Australian plates on! (in a good, I-can-see-myself-driving-it sort of way)

I'd love one and am tempted to buy one, but I'm not the type of person to buy the same car twice. used: Sucks for me!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
red_xr4
Starter Motor

Any word on the ST?
red_xr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

You would think that the 1.6M and the 1.4A would be about on par with fuel consumption?

Stunning looking car, I'm very glad to see this go against the Yaris / Getz / Swift / Colt etc.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
mcdougall
Starter Motor

it looks BIG
mcdougall is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #6
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone excited for the 1st of Jan which is just under 2 days away?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #7
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://carsales.com.au/reviews/2008/...d-fiesta-11264

Review ;)
Quote:

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
BlackLS
yum

http://www.caradvice.com.au/19718/20...a-first-steer/

Long term test:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/category...-fiesta-zetec/

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

I'm getting edgy waiting for it to come out!

Hoping for a test drive next week. :
Old 02-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It should be released already, 1st of Jan ;)
Quote:

Old 02-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 words ..... "Bloody Awful"
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I dont mind it but I would rather transplant the 1.6L or 2.0L Turbo (predicted for the ST/XR4 version) into the WS XR4.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #13
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
It should be released already, 1st of Jan ;)
Not quite. 1st of Jan was a public holiday to start off with. The only WS Fiestas released in Australia atm are press release vehicles (apparently). I've been speaking to a number of Ford dealerships in Sydney and they're expecting to get their allotment of cars by mid-late Jan. One tried to use one of the press cars as a tester when they came in for service, but no luck.

I realise it's going to be the exact same drive as the WP/WQ Fiesta but I'm not about to buy one sight unseen. At least it gives me more time to gather my finances and shop around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I dont mind it but I would rather transplant the 1.6L or 2.0L Turbo (predicted for the ST/XR4 version) into the WS XR4.
That's the plan when the warranty runs out
Old 03-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #14
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

They're due here next week, apparently. Taking one for a spin as soon as they get here.
Wonder if you can get a deal on a WQ XR4?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #15
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

that is seriously not my cup of tea. The WQ is a beutiful, well proportioned car, looks great from every angle, especially the xr4. The WS looks horrible in my opinion, 'bearable' from the front but the back is rank. Maybe they're trying to push sales onto the Falcon :P
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #16
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really like this thing. We'll be looking for a new car for the missus come july and an ex-demo 5 door one of these has just replaced the Jazz at the top of the list. Small car, yet still big enough for a bubba seat in the back and some junk in the boot.

I've seen a couple around the traps and they look great on the road.

If Ford have any brains they'll pour cash into advertising this thing, cos it looks and sounds (from the reviews) to be an absolute winner.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

In person the new Fiesta is very striking. Especially everything forward of the A-pillar.

I don't love the sides of the 5-door, but the styling works with the 3-door.

The rear looks great in person (even though to most it may look odd in pics)

Overall the Kinetic theme works very well and gives the car a 'stand out in the crowd' defined look, although the styling has turned very funky where the WP/Q were more grown up/conservative. Hopefully this doesn't put too many people off.

The dash is a little too space age for my liking but looks well thought out ergonomically and all the right bits and pieces are there (cruise control!) Ford Europe have finally given the Fez soft-ish door trims with rounded off edges (much better than the current WP-Q ones that are made of hard plastic and have a sharp edge and dig into your elbow) and the seats (even on the base model) are more comfy and supportive.

I think the WS is a great package and a worthy replacement for the WQ.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #18
porkoman
I want the fastest fiesta

i heared the boot is smaller
porkoman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #19
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Love the new Fiesta, but I just realized that the Zetec badge on the rear hatch looks like an afterthought (though I dont think intentionally) I guess they wanted to keep the corporate badge font, but there wasnt enough space up higher
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #20
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I am a huge fan of the new Fiesta, especially after watching Jeremy Clarkson drive one around. The misses and I are keen on buying a 5 door Zetec and look forward to seeing some feedback.
Old 24-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #21
Fibremaster
Starter Motor

Hi All,

I got my Fiesta LX 5dr in vision early FEB, looks and runs like a dream.I have one issue i hope someone can help with?
the LX does not come with the USB Port not even as an option, I can't locate an after market unit either.
I have spoken to Peter Warren Ford and they only have the 3.5mm cable as a spare part.
Can anyone assist?
Fibremaster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #22
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has any noticed that the picture of the LX has 2 different headlights?
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #23
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Was that the car tested by Wheels?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #24
BlackLS
yum

My GF just ordered a LX 5 door auto with Safety pack in Vision, should be delivered NEXT WEEK!.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #25
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Has any noticed that the picture of the LX has 2 different headlights?
Has a fake eye. I remember Zetec20 had his Focus delivered with a Chrome CL headlight on one side, black Zetec light on the other.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #26
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Just bought my wife the Zetec.
Awesome little car.

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #27
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Love my Zetec Fiesta, the best car I have ever owned!
Old 15-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #28
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

The wife picked up her Zetec last night, awesome car. Only let down was no auto lights but otherwise we are very impressed. It is a 5 door manual, alloy pedals, illuminated gear knob, mats, will have tint and 17's fitted tomorrow, then zymol by weekend.
Old 20-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #29
Dustproof

Default Ztech

I have had my 3 door WS Ztech for a couple of months, what a great car it is. The features are simply amazing with fuel ecconomy being pretty good, it has way more go in it compared to the Suzuki Swift I traded on the Fiesta.

Love it
Noel
Dustproof is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #30
Cespenar
Huh?

Default German Fiesta? I don't think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
My daughter just bought a Fiesta LX!
It's a great small car!
But made in Germany?
No way! The stickers in the engine bay say "Manufactured in Checkoslavakia"
Sorry for bad spelling fellas!
A similar scam was held up by Mercedes and BMW.
The small ones were made in South Africa, but the salesmen would practically shoot you if you were crass enough to say so.
Cespenar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post