Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #31
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
Hmm... I like the seats. Thats it though.
That is exactly what I thought when I first saw it. Apparently the same seats as those in an Evo

Reminds me of an A Class... just a Japenese version

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #32
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Hands up as to who's driven one yet? Let me assure you that the Colt Ralliart is quite the surprise package with a nice kick up the pants once the turbo kicks in. Apparently there's some easy power gains to be had in switching from an electronic wastegate to a manually controlled one (Like most turbo's on the market right now, it's seriously detuned from it's full potential). I'm not shocked that the styling is more miss than hit here, it's a Japanese hatch aimed at the more rice end of the market (our first customer was Asian too). The seats are also from the Evo VIII, the IX gets some s****y new leather and alacantra jobbies.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #33
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Hands up as to who's driven one yet? Let me assure you that the Colt Ralliart is quite the surprise package with a nice kick up the pants once the turbo kicks in. Apparently there's some easy power gains to be had in switching from an electronic wastegate to a manually controlled one (Like most turbo's on the market right now, it's seriously detuned from it's full potential). I'm not shocked that the styling is more miss than hit here, it's a Japanese hatch aimed at the more rice end of the market (our first customer was Asian too). The seats are also from the Evo VIII, the IX gets some s****y new leather and alacantra jobbies.
Still, at the end of the day, I couldn't live with one in my garage.
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #34
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Well that's what matters to those who are buying. I might try and swindle one as a demo later on though so that I can pass it off for something else after a couple of months.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:55 PM   #35
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The gearing issue mentioned in that review sounds like a major flaw???
Old 06-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #36
crispymk2

Dont bother with the colt or the gti... go for this!

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/ne...?news_id=14882