Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-04-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
slimjim_83
Starter Motor

Default Automatic headlights when unlocking

ive just put in sum drivin lights to me ef fairmont ghia..
and wanna have it so when i unlock the car the parkers turn on. same as interior lights.. and turn off if not started after 20secs..
BUT!!!!
i dont want it so when i flick the interiour lights on the parkers come on..
if you know wat i mean..
so does anyone know how to do it or is there another post that says how to..
help much appreciated..
cheers :gren:
slimjim_83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #2
LSD

If you had a GLi you could simply rig the interior light signal in parallel with the park light relay so the park lights came on and off with the interiors but being a Ghia with fading interior lights makes it a tad more difficult. Perhaps wiring a 555 timer off the lock/unlock signal from the BEM and putting that in parallel with the park light relay?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
slimjim_83
Starter Motor

yer all good.. but the parkers would also come on everytime u opened the doors and turned the interior lights on..
Old 13-04-2005, 04:29 AM   #4
LSD

If you're using the lock/unlock signal from the BEM to trigger the 555 (and in turn the park light relay) it won't. Only potential problem with that is that using the key will trigger the park lights too but I think you can put a diode in there somewhere to stop that. Have a look here: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=6

The principle's the same only you're activating park lights instead of window winders
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2005, 02:22 PM   #5
slimjim_83
Starter Motor

:lookedat:
i found a discovery kit multi-timer module.. at DSE
has a relay built in..
i was talking to auto elec and he said that the unlock wire has power running through it when remote is pushed for 1.4secs, which is enough to turn a relay on.. now how i figured it and he agreed, if you tap off the unlock wire, run it into the multi-timer module as the trigger wire, and then run it onto the parkers it will work fine. just have to run a ground wire of the module and a constant power line to something. best thing about is it wont b drawing power all the time only when relay is switched on.. these kits can be programed for a cycle time of between 0.1 secs to 19.4 days, so would be perfect for this operation, and only costs $30.73 inc gst
just gotta find the unlock wire and connect upto parkers