Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #211
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmech
I dont want to have to take a day off work and pay for a lawyer just because some idiots can't do their job properly, it ****es me off that these same idiots make decisions that cost lives.
If you can't be bothered about writing a letter you can't feel too strongly about it, that would cost you a 45cent stamp and maybe 1/2 hour of your time one evening. And why do you need to hire a solicitor, you are allowed ,actualy entitled to represent yourself, all you need to do is point out fact, ANY magistrate will listen if you have a reasonable argument and show the proper respect.

On a completely different issue. Latest thing I have heard about is an M plate for mature age drivers, they had it on channel 7's a current affair.
Anyone have any thoughts on that one ????

Last edited by Yaw; 08-04-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #212
lizardmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
If you can't be bothered about writing a letter you can't feel too strongly about it, that would cost you a 45cent stamp and maybe 1/2 hour of your time one evening. And why do you need to hire a solicitor, you are allowed ,actualy entitled to represent yourself, all you need to do is point out fact, ANY magistrate will listen if you have a reasonable argument and show the proper respect.

On a completely different issue. Latest thing I have heard about is an M plate for mature age drivers, they had it on channel 7's a current affair.
Anyone have any thoughts on that one ????
Whats the point? Its not like plates do anything, I mean is the Mplate gonna jump off the window and slam on the brakes if the driver who can't see properly anymore runs a red?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:08 PM   #213
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Whats the point? Its not like plates do anything, I mean is the Mplate gonna jump off the window and slam on the brakes if the driver who can't see properly anymore runs a red?

The argument used by some mayor (was not paying close attention) was to stop/limit road rage with elderly drivers
Old 08-04-2005, 09:15 PM   #214
lizardmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
The argument used by some mayor (was not paying close attention) was to stop/limit road rage with elderly drivers
I think that it would increase it since people will only remember the bad M platers they see and get angry at the other older drivers they wouldnt have normally even noticed. Im sure the media must love this idea as it gives them another minority they easily quantify and target.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 10:12 PM   #215
Kryton

Mplate: is that for Maybe you shouldnt be driving anymore? seriously that is just plain stupid. if you cant tell they are old buy the fact they are doing 50kmh UNDER the speed limit and dont see the box of tissues and the straw hat on the back parcel shelf then a plate isnt gonna solve anything.
if they (government) want to go the way of plates then why dont they make new plates for bad drivers and hoons so we all know to stay away from them. make public fools out of them and embarass them buy letting everyone know they are dangerous.

Last edited by Kryton; 08-04-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 10:17 PM   #216
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If they were maintaining it they would index it according to the year the car was made in. When the law was made it mostly banned high end HSVs, now it bans 4 cylinder non turbos and family 6 cylinder sedans. Pretty soon p platers wont be allowed base model hyundais.
well if thats what vic roads decide and until it changes then they should enforce it, i dont claim to know or really care what is on their list because basically i dont need to really know.I am just concerened that they may not be enforcing it. BUt hey maybe they are and its just that p platers are getting around it by registering their cars in someone elses name. I guess vic roads are the best ones to find out from cos its not about personal opinions its about what they actually do do to enforce the law, and also police for that matter i guess
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 10:27 PM   #217
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

dam this thread is a long read.

maybe we should be like the arabs in the desert and all ride camels.

if u speed it happens all u can hope for is no one is injured from it.Plus if your gonna put restictions on p plates maybe put them on the camry driving asians in there 40s that have no idea of the speed limit(as in 20kph under limit)

p.s. all this talk about limiters in cars mine is 7000rpm in top gear which might be just a tad over 120kph.

maybe the government should be looking at the ppl teaching learners how to drive.

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 10:31 PM   #218
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcoupe302
dam this thread is a long read.

maybe we should be like the arabs in the desert and all ride camels.

if u speed it happens all u can hope for is no one is injured from it.Plus if your gonna put restictions on p plates maybe put them on the camry driving asians in there 40s that have no idea of the speed limit(as in 20kph under limit)

p.s. all this talk about limiters in cars mine is 7000rpm in top gear which might be just a tad over 120kph.

maybe the government should be looking at the ppl teaching learners how to drive.

Can't do that.
A camel has nowhere to put a blue oval badge on it.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #219
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcoupe302
BINGO!

gonna do a lot more in the saving lives department than restrictions ever will....
Old 08-04-2005, 10:35 PM   #220
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Can't do that.
lol cant they make a brace up that goes up between its ears on top of head and mount it there.

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 12:25 PM   #221
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Can't do that.
I reckon I could find somewhere to stick the Holden badge though. :Reverend:
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #222
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Not to mention an audit of the licensing system. For training people for this highly complex task which is conducted in variable environments with multiple uncontrolled events/objects what you have to go through to get a license is laughable.
Seriously, that is an excetptionally good point, well done.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:59 AM   #223
SSbaby
Banned

Saturday on the good old Hume Hwy... came up to a convoy of Minis (Mini car club meet in Chiltan)... they maintained their speed at 100km/h... most of them kept to the left but the Mini heading the convoy was carrying a trailer and move over to the express lane. They took their time overtaking slower traffic much to the annoyance of yours truly.

They hindered my progress as I disengaged my cruise (set at 115km/h) but even though I came up on the express lane to overtake, they decided to take the road away from me. Rather than taking the first opportunity to keep left to let me cruise by, she decided to continue on while maintaining the same speed as (her husband, I gather) in the car alongside. In a fit of road rage, I flashed my high beams at the Mini in front. As she finally let me past she stuck her finger at me while her daughter watched in the passenger's seat.

You can't do much about sheer ignorance from some people... I wouldn't have expected it from members of a car club though... any car club as we're all supposed to be enthusiasts.

They later caught up at the BP service station but my wife stopped me from continuing my rage against them.

/End rant.

Last edited by SSbaby; 11-04-2005 at 11:01 AM.
SSbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #224
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
Saturday on the good old Hume Hwy... came up to a convoy of Minis (Mini car club meet in Chiltan)... they maintained their speed at 100km/h... most of them kept to the left but the Mini heading the convoy was carrying a trailer and move over to the express lane. They took their time overtaking slower traffic much to the annoyance of yours truly.

They hindered my progress as I disengaged my cruise (set at 115km/h) but even though I came up on the express lane to overtake, they decided to take the road away from me. Rather than taking the first opportunity to keep left to let me cruise by, she decided to continue on while maintaining the same speed as (her husband, I gather) in the car alongside. In a fit of road rage, I flashed my high beams at the Mini in front. As she finally let me past she stuck her finger at me while her daughter watched in the passenger's seat.

You can't do much about sheer ignorance from some people... I wouldn't have expected it from members of a car club though... any car club as we're all supposed to be enthusiasts.

They later caught up at the BP service station but my wife stopped me from continuing my rage against them.

/End rant.
I have to admit, that is a real annoyance of mine as well. It's like that the attitude is all wrong, although I really think it is just their sheer ignorance of what is happening around them, they doen't realise the impact that their behaviour has on others.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #225
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

This thread still going???

I've been hearing so much sh*t outta NSW about P platers and speed limits. Guess what I found on a cruise in NSW?

Unrestricted speed zones.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #226
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby

/End rant.

What the hell does that have to do wiht hi-po cars and P-platers LOL?!?!?
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 10:25 PM   #227
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
What the hell does that have to do wiht hi-po cars and P-platers LOL?!?!?
Yeah, you're right... I was really just having a whinge.

But if you want to guage my opinion on the subject, I'm one who supports P-platers as the gist of my message was one of poor attitude from another road user who should know better, especially considering her late middle-age and her driving experience.

Driving is all about attitude and her attitude was as poor as any going round.

Cheers
Old 12-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #228
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Awesome, what a better introduction to The Forums than a P-plater discussion

I've had my P's since January, but I live in Tas and there's no power restriction (although there is a stupid rule that says first-year provisionals can't go over 80 though, which most older drivers don't seem to know). As for the Victorian law, it doesn't make much sense. Yes, in a `high-power vehicle' you can go faster, but if a driver wants to go fast or drive in a dangerous fashion, they will, regardless of the car.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post