Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #31
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: not so fixed price servicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Exactly.

I pay about $340 for my regular services (7500 and 15,000km), and that includes:

Free Roadside assist ($110 value)
Free Sync Maps Update ($80 value??)
Free software update and ECU firmware update
Wheel alignment and balance ($80 at most places)
Free loan car offer (which I didn't take up, but at least $65 value)
Looking into any niggly issues I may have with the car

So all up, that's $335, so for that extra 5 bucks, even if it was just the oil and filter change they did, I got a bargain ($100 value at least).

Add on top of this that you are dealing with a business which employs people, warrants their work, has massive overheads to pay, and believe it or not tries to make a profit, I'd actually be happy to pay an extra $100 - $150 for the service and would still think it's acceptable (hope my service centre doesn't read this :p )
Are you sure you're getting wheel alignment & balances?
The reason I ask is:

Price Promise Servicing does not include the following items:

•Directional tyre rotation where required;
•Repair of accident damage to any component of the vehicle;
•Additional maintenance due to modification from original specification;
•Normal wear and tear consumable items requiring additional maintenance (including but not limited to brake pads replacement, fuses, wiper blades, batteries, tyres, wheel alignment adjustment);
•Items that are identified as requiring more frequent attention depending on operating conditions (as described in the Ford Customer Assistance, Warranty and Service Guide C Service Conditions);
•Air conditioners filter replacement;
Anything not specified in the A and B service schedules in the Customer Assistance, Warranty and Service Guide such as additional items of labour, parts or fluids;
•Additional maintenance and repairs that may be recommended by your Authorised Ford Dealer to suit your individual driving characteristics;
•Service or maintenance of non-genuine Ford parts;
•Service, fitment or maintenance of any accessories, including Ford accessories.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #32
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
I pay about $340 for my regular services (7500 and 15,000km), and that includes:

Free Roadside assist ($110 value)
Free Sync Maps Update ($80 value??)
Free software update and ECU firmware update
Wheel alignment and balance ($80 at most places)
Free loan car offer (which I didn't take up, but at least $65 value)
Looking into any niggly issues I may have with the car
Is this for your 2016 XR8?

Ford promise guide says $370 for 15000km, so they are charging you less which is good..
There is no price given for 7500 so I assume that's a 6 month service?, if you paid the $340 then it would have been over the Ford promise as it only went up 3-4 months ago, so you probably paid less?

FYI 30,000 Guide is $550.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #33
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Is this for your 2016 XR8?

Ford promise guide says $370 for 15000km, so they are charging you less which is good..
There is no price given for 7500 so I assume that's a 6 month service?, if you paid the $340 then it would have been over the Ford promise as it only went up 3-4 months ago, so you probably paid less?

FYI 30,000 Guide is $550.
Yes and the $550 includes a very expensive air filter (Not the dealers fault).
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2017, 10:03 AM   #34
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not as bad as $630 for a Diesel Territory. much more than the petrol, More than the Everest or a Transit. must be an expensive filter also.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2017, 02:30 AM   #35
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Yes, i request alignment and balance as an extra, which they happily oblige. It shows up on the invoice and the car drives well, so no issues or concerns from my end.

Keep in mind capped price servicing means maximum you will pay, not what you will necessarily pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
Are you sure you're getting wheel alignment & balances?
The reason I ask is:

Price Promise Servicing does not include the following items:

•Directional tyre rotation where required;
•Repair of accident damage to any component of the vehicle;
•Additional maintenance due to modification from original specification;
•Normal wear and tear consumable items requiring additional maintenance (including but not limited to brake pads replacement, fuses, wiper blades, batteries, tyres, wheel alignment adjustment);
•Items that are identified as requiring more frequent attention depending on operating conditions (as described in the Ford Customer Assistance, Warranty and Service Guide C Service Conditions);
•Air conditioners filter replacement;
Anything not specified in the A and B service schedules in the Customer Assistance, Warranty and Service Guide such as additional items of labour, parts or fluids;
•Additional maintenance and repairs that may be recommended by your Authorised Ford Dealer to suit your individual driving characteristics;
•Service or maintenance of non-genuine Ford parts;
•Service, fitment or maintenance of any accessories, including Ford accessories.
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #36
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Captiva diesel 30k service ..$335.,mine came with 6 free services..but that is the normal price,