Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Western Sydney Ford Dealer Service

G'day All, I am looking at upgrading my family car to a PXII XLT 4x4 Ford Ranger but there is one aspect of owning a new Ford that I am somewhat uncomfortable with at the moment. It is on the subject of Ford Dealer Service.

A quick googlefoo brings up a swathe of disgruntled owner accounts of terrible experiences at Ford Dealers all over Australia. Battling for the basics of honest service, advice and after sales support. Tales of rejected warranty claims and the like do make me wonder if it worth buying the Ford product.

I have not come across the same culture of aggrieved customers regarding other competing brands such as Toyota (I feel the Hilux is an inferior car in terms of specification, ride and handling, but I've never had reason to doubt the standard aftersales support)

I acknowledge that not all accounts on the interwebz can be trusted, but can anyone share their own recent aftersales experiences in the western sydney area? Especially if it relates to the purchase an PX or PX11 XLT 4x4 Ranger?

Cheers
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
radler

Default Re: Western Sydney Ford Dealer Service

Power ford castle hill : in my experience for 10 years has been excellent.

Ross : n/a fgx xr6 - manual
radler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #3
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by radler View Post
Good to know, I hadn't considered Power Ford. Is there anyone in particular that you recommend? PM is cool if you prefer.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:46 PM   #4
radler

I don't mind open forum, I am not certain of specific names, but all my services have been good, they do extra if you ask and they offer decent advice on questions

They replaced my momo steering wheel on my bf under warranty , they did my fg mk 2 diff bushes under warranty

Ross : n/a fgx xr6 - manual
radler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
I had the complete opposite ... the sales and parts guys are good ... the service department was abysmal. Would never advise anyone to go there ever.

I used to get everything done at Winford Ford ... until they closed the entire yard/operations down there. It was a shame though ... as they were excellent.

I have used Sinclair Ford .... and they have been good as well ... after so many issues with the A/C in the FG ... they took their time diagnosing the issue and allowing me to have alternate transport during this time period.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #6
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:

Power Ford is my local dealer. My experience over the last 17 years has been very good also. Always found them to be quite fair and reasonable.
pwr4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2017, 10:38 PM   #7
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
I had the complete opposite ... the sales and parts guys are good ... the service department was abysmal. Would never advise anyone to go there ever.

I used to get everything done at Winford Ford ... until they closed the entire yard/operations down there. It was a shame though ... as they were excellent.

I have used Sinclair Ford .... and they have been good as well ... after so many issues with the A/C in the FG ... they took their time diagnosing the issue and allowing me to have alternate transport during this time period.
Cheers for the insights, Winford would have been my choice had they still been in business.

I should have clarified in my first post though. I intend on buying privately and servicing with own local mech, as getting to a dealer is very difficult being a shift worker on a seven day roster.

Also, tends to make it harder to build a repore with a dealer service center. That said though, shouldnt a vehicle under manufacturers warranty be able to be sent in for warranty repairs anywhere provided you have met your servicing and maintenance requirements? Like what people doing the lap around australia do?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yeah ... as long as it is under manufacturers warranty (not some harrier warranty) ... you should be able to go to any dealership for that make Australia-wide.

Not knowing that dealer's quality makes it harder to choose though ... I understand this.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:46 PM   #9
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Winford was the best.

Power ford for sales, parts etc are excellent.

As for dealer service departments, I wouldn't go near any of them unless it was to shoot 'em.

Do it all myself, fix the known problems before they happen and haven't looked back.

Bought my XR8, service it myself and not one of those dealer mongrels will ever see it. Ever.

Find a tuning workshop and get it serviced there. People who know the car, the faults and what needs to be done.

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2017, 10:48 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

With Bluehoon on this one .... although I will take the new Territory for early servicing to Sinclair at least for warranty.

But I use CMS if i need anything mechanically done out of my skill range ... otherwise it gets done at home where I know what is done.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #11
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Peter Warren Smithfield, my service centre, and I couldn't ask for more. Helps when they're actually passionate about cars too.
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 AM   #12
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers All, I appreciate the feedback.

As soon as whatever I purchase is out of warranty, I will service it myself, as I have done with ever other car I have ever owned.

I am hoping to find an unmodified (incl the wheels!) 2016 PXII Ranger XLT in White that is pre DPF...... The hunt is on.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #13
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you don't mind getting ripped off on parts oil and labour get a dealer service,otherwise go to a good independent .
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #14
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
If you don't mind getting ripped off on parts oil and labour get a dealer service,otherwise go to a good independent .
Independent servicing was always the plan

Just needed to know if there was a decent dealer around for warranty work should it be required.
Old 13-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #15
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I used them from 03-08 wouldn't take my wheelbarrow there

Loose steering wheel on delivery of a new car
Brakes not blead after a brake line recall pedal went to the floor before I got out the drive

Use them at your own risk

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #16
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I booked my Holden for an Express Service. I got it back and washed in just over an hour. Do Ford Dealer's offer Express Service? Wouldnt need a loan car!!
Old 13-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #17
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess its a risk one takes where they buy a near new car and want to get a return on that investment in terms of reliable warranty coverage.

I'll be honest though, I would be less apprehensive about the warranty side of things if I bought a Hilux.......but it just doesn't have the the same "relaxed" feel behind the wheel.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #18
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
I booked my Holden for an Express Service. I got it back and washed in just over an hour. Do Ford Dealer's offer Express Service? Wouldnt need a loan car!!
Hardly worth getting excited about... what did they actually do in that hour other then add swirls to your paint??
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #19
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Peter Warren Smithfield, my service centre, and I couldn't ask for more. Helps when they're actually passionate about cars too.
Been using these guys for over 7 years now, absolutely love them! Daves the man!
frankie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2017, 11:19 PM   #20
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Hardly worth getting excited about... what did they actually do in that hour other then add swirls to your paint??
30k diesel service. A minor service,. If Holden can do it for a minor service why can't other dealers. ? Instead of "come back at 12 ?" Thats what service should be.
Old 13-07-2017, 11:44 PM   #21
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
30k diesel service. A minor service,. If Holden can do it for a minor service why can't other dealers. ? Instead of "come back at 12 ?" Thats what service should be.
1 hour to do a service and wash... did they even put it on the hoist....
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #22
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
1 hour to do a service and wash... did they even put it on the hoist....
30,000minor service is only oil and filter change.A quick look and shake while the oil is draining,back on the ground and a run around with the lube stick and the job is done.Still leaves at least 20 mins for the wash and chamois.All that for only $180,thank you very much.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2017, 10:02 AM   #23
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tassief100. Bit more to it than that. Service book list is 2 pages.eg: Empty water trap, check ecu fault codes, check updates, keyless entry range etc etc. I got 3 year's free servicing. As long as book is stamped warranty continues.
Old 14-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #24
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Didn't they shut up shop? I've been going to Sinclair.

Sinclair have always given me good service and the manager is a good bloke loves a good yarn.
Old 14-07-2017, 11:01 AM   #25
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS View Post
Didn't they shut up shop? I've been going to Sinclair.

Sinclair have always given me good service and the manager is a good bloke loves a good yarn.
Sales there stopped, its now a service and parts centre
frankie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: