Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
BJ
Banned

Default Croydon Cruise Night Cancelled 19.04.05

Whos going to what looks likely to be the last ever Croydon Cruise Night April 19th. Yep the idiot facter has got this one to. It will be a shame to see this one go.

Last edited by BJ; 13-04-2005 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Event Cancelled
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:29 PM   #2
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Another good event down the toilet due to idiots. A damn shame.

Unfortunatly, I'll be on late shift next week and can't make it.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is croydon cruise night?
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:53 PM   #4
BJ
Banned

It is an event that is held at the Croydon market in Kent street.It is held on the thrid tuesday of the month, from October to april. It is put on by the Mountain District Hot Rod Club for all car enthusiasts. And it has been one of the best car shows with most of the best cars in Melbourne showing up from time to time.
Old 13-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #5
BJ
Banned

This event has been Cancelled. But it looks like it may be on later in the year I say may because they are still in negotiations with the market owners. So fingres crossed it will go ahead.
Old 13-04-2005, 09:17 PM   #6
pauly85
commodore bogan

is it definatly cancelled? ive been meaning to make it down to the last 2 ones, havent missed one for years before the last 2 months, it would be a real shame to see it go
pauly85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

danm Cetro take over....

Sad to see this show go. I didn't manage to get down there very often enough (always forgot), but it was great to see all the rods etc cruising down the road (i live 2 mins up the road). Make sure you remind us all when the last one is happening, if it is....

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #8
BJ
Banned

It has definitely been cancelled. As i said they are in negotiations with the market owners about the next series of cruise nights. As soon as i find out i will let everyone no. Yes it is a shame to see it stop.I have been part of it for the last ten years or so from when It was origanily at Canterbury Gardens in Kilsyh and it shut down from there because of the dickheads, and now it might be the same fate for Croydon, so we will see what happens.
Old 13-04-2005, 11:52 PM   #9
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I never realised there was much ******** factor around there. Whenever i've been there yobbo's/hat-backwards teenagers have lined the streets, but the police presence has quelled any silly driving...

Or is it just the yobbo's/hat-backwards teenagers themselves that are the problem?

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 01:15 AM   #10
BJ
Banned

No its a mixtuer of both them and the Harley riders and the back lash over the following days from the locals, who are sick and tired of all of the noise and not feeling able to go the shops in safety. But as we all no it is the minority that stuff it up fo the majority always have and they always will. I no it sounds like sour grapes from my side but we all worked pretty hard to keep it going for everyone and i am a bit ****ed off buy it all.
Old 14-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #11
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

I'm going to try and make this one.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post