Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #31
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Top 10 last cars with column shift manual

I drove a column shift auto XF ute a few times. It was a pretty cool novelty. Made me feel like I was driving an old yank tank
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2017, 02:10 PM   #32
Lugh

Had an '84 Mitsi L300 when I was a kid - family bought it new when I was born, and it lasted about 15 years before it rusted into the ground.
My inlaws still have their Navara 2wd farm ute - I think it's an '84 as well. Has the 2L Stanza motor with 4 speed column, bench seat, and is a hoot to drive. Weighs nothing and still has the original springs and shocks......
This user likes this post:
Old 09-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #33
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Had an '84 Mitsi L300 when I was a kid - family bought it new when I was born, and it lasted about 15 years before it rusted into the ground.
My inlaws still have their Navara 2wd farm ute - I think it's an '84 as well. Has the 2L Stanza motor with 4 speed column, bench seat, and is a hoot to drive. Weighs nothing and still has the original springs and shocks......
Yeah I had one of those years ago.They were called Nissan( or Datsun 720) then.The original had a Datsun 1800 engine as in 180B.Later they had a 2 litre engine but it wasn't Stanza.The Stanza was supposed to replicate the Datsun 1600 but it didn!'t work.If the inlaws has a 2L it's probably either 200B or Bluebird
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #34
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

G'day , Re the top ten cars last to use a column manual I'm not too sure but I think the last Falcon to have a three on the tree manual option was the XE but the commercials around the time of the XF with bench seats may well have too..Someone with an XF sedan might correct me on that.. The first car I ever drove was Dad's 1961 Zephyr with the 3 speed manual on the tree..She had a propensity to jam the linkages every so often too.. He then bought a HX Kingswood also with three speed manual on the tree.. My first car was a 1969 Morris Mini 1100 with a floor 4 speed.. In my first job our Resort van was also a tree column jobbie...I had to drive it fairly often for collecting provisions etc..
Hard to believe now but I think the last time I used a column shift was the day we sold Dad's Kingswood a few months after he died in 1989. I remember taking it for a last drive that day before the new owner collected the car..
Wouldn't mind trying one again some day..Rare as hen's teeth these days..
Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2017, 02:30 PM   #35
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

I was watching the muscle car masrers on telly a few days ago and a fella was racing a HR or similar with a column shift

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post