Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-03-2017, 09:35 PM   #31
normie616
Starter Motor

Default Re: Reliability and fuel consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Agree on the warm up. When we bought I'd spent some time understanding this article:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

and so with about 25kms on the clock warmed up, took a circuit accelerating and decelerating very strongly in gears. From memory it ate 1/4 of a tank in about 5 minutes. 250,000km later, the motor is strong and does not consume a drop of oil.

This is really a topic (could get heated with the mechanical expertise on these forums) that could have it's own separate thread...

And I note that 2010-11 SYII AWDs (last of the AWD petrols) can be had with under 100,000km for about 15-18k, wow. Also didn't mention Normie that my brother's family has the SZ RWD petrol Territory, and they absolutely love it - came from an Escape to the Terry.
It is interesting what you say on warming up the motor just to get slight needle movement on the tamp guage and there is always evidence on the other side

Having said that it was an RAA mechanic on a talk back program that i overheard about 8-10 years back.He was on his parents farm growing up,One of their cars was never warmed up before take off and the 2nd car was .

When they took the heads off both motors around 200k the one that was warmed before driving was as clean as a whistle and the other one was just started and driven no warm up was coked up (I think that is the term he used?)
coked up (I think that is the term)
normie616 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post