Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-12-2018, 06:17 PM   #931
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Why is it the LQBTIQ community want us to believe there are more than two genders when their name clearly has B for bi meaning two.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto

Last edited by Syndrome; 18-12-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #932
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Why is it the LGBTIQ community want us to believe there are more than two genders when their name clearly has B for bi meaning two.

Why is there an L and a G in that - I have never met an L that was not G
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #933
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good point they could have shortened their acronym to make it simpler and possibly easier to remember.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #934
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Why is it that I can leave a public toilet clean when I have finished using it but others can'r or won't have the courtesy to do the same? Some people disgust me.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
5 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #935
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Why is it that I can leave a public toilet clean when I have finished using it but others can'r or won't have the courtesy to do the same? Some people disgust me.
I stopped in to an Anglesea public toilet today right after an Asian tour bus had been there. All 3 cubicles were chock full of paper and crap, no one bothered to flush, that would have been too hard.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 21-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #936
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Lately I can not get city cafes to butter my toast when ordering eggs on toast. It seems to be a special request now, based on a few types who don't want their toast buttered.
I don't want to remove soggy unbuttered toast from under my eggs to butter it with hard butter either. It isn't a problem in the country. WTF.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2018, 07:05 PM   #937
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Had to work a bit late today for our last day before a month's holiday .Had to pick up my AU from getting it's new alternator , started to rain and decided to take the mutts to Grey Mare's Tail scenic lookout for a quick run after being cooped up all day . Got out of the car , walked out onto the trail and was confronted by some waste of space who had dumped three big bike boxes , obviously presents for Christmas . Too lazy or cheap to take the boxes of K Mart bikes to the local tip . Cost is $2 per boot load to do the right thing .

Makes me so angry to see selfish idiots up to this crap .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-12-2018, 11:11 PM   #938
Trendseeker

Why is it... Tasmanians don’t have recycle bins (or Stanley knives)?
Old 22-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #939
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

because they keep cutting up the recycle bins to use as barriers for salmon farms and then the fisheries inspectors confiscate their knives.

simple, mate.
Old 22-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #940
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Think you have spent too much time with Tuna,s Tonz
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #941
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendseeker View Post
Why is it... Tasmanians don’t have recycle bins (or Stanley knives)?
We do ... But some tools decide to chuck rubbish in the bush to save a couple of bucks at the tip or buying a cheap stanley knife to fit their bike boxes into the bin ..or just plain lazy or stupid . We have a waste bin and a recycle bin actually even in our little whistle stop . The tip also but most take green waste or business waste or bigger items like building waste there because there's a small charge for that. There is a Tip Shop too on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Old 22-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #942
.:4:.
Kicking back

Why is it i cannot leave either jaycar or hobby shops without spending a heap on things i didnt go there to buy?
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #943
MustangStevo63

why is it when i back a horse to win it runs second and if i back it the place or each way it runs...........4th
MustangStevo63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #944
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Why is it i cannot leave either jaycar or hobby shops without spending a heap on things i didnt go there to buy?
Same for me at Mitre 10 or Supercheap ..Walked into Mitre 10 a few weeks ago for sandpaper and tap washers , walked out with them and a new mower and battery trimmer . Should have been $10-15 ended up being about $500 ..
Old 22-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #945
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Same for me at Mitre 10 or Supercheap ..Walked into Mitre 10 a few weeks ago for sandpaper and tap washers , walked out with them and a new mower and battery trimmer . Should have been $10-15 ended up being about $500 ..
Well hardware shops i man shop. Go in with my blinkers on and buy what i set out for regardless of price. But toy shops, i dont go there for myself, but i went in to a hobby shop today loosely looking for a christmas gift for my son. Dont get me wrong, he will be absolutely chuffed with what i got him, but i was looking at stuff which the kid would be happy with then it snowballed from there and i got him a sweet piece of kit. Then to go hand in hand with that, spent another 100 on batteries. I sort of am a loose cannon when it comes to things i didnt have as a kid for my kid, im a nazi when it comes to behaviour and table manors, but other then that my kid is more a mate then a burdon.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #946
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Stinkin' hot night ..ended up getting up at 5 am ..took my Border Collie and Kelpie for a walk in the pine plantation as the sun came up properly . Came back into town and called in to get the paper . Got back in the car and heard this loud screech of tyres and a big V8 . Right in the middle of Main Street some old fogie driving a two door Mercedes (guessing mid to late 1980's) almost buggered it up on the Pub Corner and took off at a big rate of knots out toward the Golf Club ..Had to be nudging 100 clicks before the bridge ..
Kids , tourists already around at 8.00 am . Why is it ...that people like this old bloke feel the need to drive like a madman in the middle of a town regardless of whether it was a sporty old Merc or not ? Where's a cop when you need one .
Old 07-01-2019, 12:32 PM   #947
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Why is it that public toilets are called restrooms? Who wants to rest in a place that smells like urine and faeces.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 08-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #948
Kicking back

Why is it kids never tell you they arent feeling the best until its too late? Went pub for dinner and my kid turns to me with that look on his face and says 'dad i think i' then barfs all over himself. Youd think by age 9 he'd know the warning signs..
Old 08-01-2019, 07:37 PM   #949
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha, I've had similar, fun isn't it
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2019, 07:40 PM   #950
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
haha, I've had similar, fun isn't it
Could be worse i guess, like the time he spewed all through the front of my old work van as a 3 year old. And yes a car seat in the front of that van was legal as it only had 2 seats, no airbags and i had an anchor point fitted.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #951
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not quite as bad....6 year old daughter yells out in the middle of night...."Daddddd I'am going throw up, rush into her bedroom grabed her from top bunk....need I say the rest.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #952
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
not quite as bad....6 year old daughter yells out in the middle of night...."Daddddd I'am going throw up, rush into her bedroom grabed her from top bunk....need I say the rest.
For some reason it doesnt seem that bad if your own kid spews on you, you just sort it out. Other peoples kids are just disgusting.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #953
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
......And yes a car seat in the front of that van was legal as it only had 2 seats, no airbags and i had an anchor point fitted.

My little guy always loved driving with me in the ute for the same reason, he got to sit up front
Old 09-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #954
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it?..... the kids play outside and run through the dirt and on to my just been oiled front deck leaving footprints all over it. When it was dry and unoiled, everyone played inside.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:52 PM   #955
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it the one time I don't ask for a rough cost of a car service I get complete bill shock?

I was expecting about $1.2k for a 100k service based on previous experience and got a bill for $2.4 ****en k!

After transferring money between accounts on my phone which I have never done before I was declined 3 times until I tried Visa debit instead of EFTPOS and voila.

Two weeks pay gone in an instant. I would have asked them to just do the timing belts and a normal service otherwise. Lesson learned but I should get another 50k out of it you'd think
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 11:57 PM   #956
Kicking back

Why is it if ever i go for beers and dinner with my older brother we split the bill to a degree, but walking out he always 'borrows' money off me? I say borrow because its a rare phenominon if i ever get paid back. Now i know how people with teenage daughters feel. I only have a son and he doesnt ask for cash... yet.
Old 13-01-2019, 12:13 AM   #957
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why is it if ever i go for beers and dinner with my older brother we split the bill to a degree, but walking out he always 'borrows' money off me? I say borrow because its a rare phenominon if i ever get paid back. Now i know how people with teenage daughters feel. I only have a son and he doesnt ask for cash... yet.
My brother would pinch my craft beers and if he replaced them it was with cheap **** which was rare anyway so I know what you're feeling.

If he wasn't such a **** I wouldn't care much but no beer and no peace so lose out twice. Lucky I have my own house now so I refuse to go 'home'

Last edited by MITCHAY; 13-01-2019 at 12:21 AM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2019, 12:33 AM   #958
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
My brother would pinch my craft beers and if he replaced them it was with cheap **** which was rare anyway so I know what you're feeling.

If he wasn't such a **** I wouldn't care much but no beer and no peace so lose out twice. Lucky I have my own house now so I refuse to go 'home'
My brother is 6 years older. We havent lived in the same house for 19 years. These days i own my house and to keep him employed the grub (as much as we hate each other we get along, and yes, he has stabbed me before but i got him back) drives my car. Has for 6 or so years. I cant help he is a doofus, thats my parents fault. If only the deed could have been stopped in late 1980 i wouldnt have to be related to a doofus.
Old 13-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #959
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i,m sure your son will “borrow” money off you when he gets older. Both my son and daughter 39 & 43 borrowed money off me but I don,t ever recall getting it back.Only small amount as in $10-20.Should try the lad on,I suppose,I borrowed $20k off him a couple of weeks back so maybe I should thank him for finally repaying the money he borrowed 25-30 years ago
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2019, 06:08 PM   #960
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
i,m sure your son will “borrow” money off you when he gets older. Both my son and daughter 39 & 43 borrowed money off me but I don,t ever recall getting it back.Only small amount as in $10-20.Should try the lad on,I suppose,I borrowed $20k off him a couple of weeks back so maybe I should thank him for finally repaying the money he borrowed 25-30 years ago
My son is only 9 so im expecting him to use me as an atm in a few years. He is really funny with money though. Im guessing because he lives with his mum and she doesnt have the means for many luxury items, so for example when i take the kid for dinner and give him free reign on the menu he always goes off price and i have to really ask for him to choose what he really wants not what is cheap. I gave him a pocket full of change once because it was annoying me, only around $7 in silvers but for spending at the school canteen and the like. Even 3 weeks later he hadnt spent it.