Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:20 PM   #211
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The experience, information and willingness to help and share data in regards to the ZF cooling system options has probably cleared a lot of doubt about air/oil coolers and the ZF transmission. 
Default Re: Photobucket... WTF!!

iPad not good for posting, stick with PC, have uploaded 240 pics of various sizes to PostImage so far, looks good and totally free

[QUOTE=BF11GhiaZF6;5978341]Not sure about that last one, still getting the hang of it, but love it, using iPad too sometimes, though not as easy as PC, like this one, hotlink for forum, from PC

Courtesy of PostImage,

2007 BFII Fairmont Ghia I6 4L, ZF6 Auto, Ego Charcoal, Warm Charcoal.

R/Up 2019:Winner 2023:, Best BA-BF Geelong AFD.

PWR Air/Oil Cooler, K&N, Egas elbow, V8 upper F6 lower CAI.

1997 Fairmont EL Ghia Tickford 4L Auto
1985 Falcon XF GL 4.1L Auto.
1979 Fairmont XD Ghia 4.1L Auto.
1971 Cortina GL Estate 1200cc Manual.
BFIIGhiaZF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #212
triples

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
UPDATE

1. We will be opening the period between the 1st August and 14th of August for post editing by users for all threads in the Project Cars forum. This will only allow an individual to edit their own posts but it's one option for those who have vaible alternate storage.
Is this still happening? I tried yesterday and again today and still can't edit my posts.
triples is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #213
mrniceguy

Haven't read the whole thread but...
If you use chrome try this.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en
mrniceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #214
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

This is working again
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #215
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The experience, information and willingness to help and share data in regards to the ZF cooling system options has probably cleared a lot of doubt about air/oil coolers and the ZF transmission. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
What size are you uploading them as mate?
I'm doing mine mostly as 800x600
Have now uploaded 500 images to PostImage, mostly 800x600 without problems, very easy to use

Like this, hotlink for Forums, courtesy of PostImage,

Think I'm almost ready to edit my threads now

Last edited by BFIIGhiaZF6; 02-08-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:22 PM   #216
toughxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
UPDATE

Ok. Here is our current approach.

1. We will be opening the period between the 1st August and 14th of August for post editing by users for all threads in the Project Cars forum. This will only allow an individual to edit their own posts but it's one option for those who have vaible alternate storage.

2. We are currently installing a new integrated gallery application on the test server to replace the current Photopost Pro that (as noted earlier) is past the use by date. The new app will undergo testing once it is integrated fully and we will then migrate to that server for all users. At this stage, that is only backed by 1 Tb of RAID storage but we have asked for more to be added to the storage array.

3. User who had the Photoracket privacy option ticked will not be able to easily migrate without re-linking all their images as the obfuscation of the file names was effective.

4. Whether we can script the links for other image hosting solutions (outside of AFF) will depend on whether they mangle the image name from that which is currently embedded on the forum. For example, if you image is called my_car.jpg and the image host doesn't change that then we can fix the links with a simple database query. If it is named gfriwnfdkl.jpg and that isn't the real image name then we can't.

We've considered an aggregated account (and it's still an option for those who want to try it) but I am firmly of the belief that eventually this will spread to all commercial sites that currently offer free hosting options. Note: This option may be ok for scripting as only the gallery name should change so a query might well fix it.

We have no intention to do anything other than offer a cost recovery option for members and as we are adding storage to our existing (new) server, that cost should be manageable for a small annual fee although as it is a redundant solution, the cost effectively doubles (because we need two physical disks for every one disk of space).

Cheers
Russ
Hi Russ, I was trying to work out how to go and update my project thread pic links nothing obvious jumping out at me and I cant see any edit buttons ?

Appreciate any guidance.

Cheers
Dave
toughxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-08-2017, 07:40 AM   #217
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

It does look like postimage is a pretty good option for free image hosting, but I'll just add in a few comments here by way of interest.

.ORG domains are usually intended for non-profit organizations. However, there's nothing legally preventing anyone from using a .ORG domain for a for-profit business, or a .NET domain for a nonprofit group. Many companies snap up all three variants in order to help protect their branding.
Refer:
https://brainwrap.com/blog/10/02/28/...rg_domain_name

Postimage doesn't seem to provide any descriptions on account sizes or upload limits etc. Or did I miss that somewhere?

Postimage did appear to have a 'survival crisis' of some sort late last year. Google up 'postimage.org shutdown' for some links to the online chatter.

I would assume that postimage is just as vulnerable to longevity problems or financial issues as any of the other players in the 'free image hosting' game. There is also the possibility that postimage may one day be aquired by one of the other larger image hosting companies. I don't mean to burst the bubble on the postimage option, just adding in a few comments for consideration is all.

In terms of the most reliable image bank system for build threads, my thoughts still tend toward the gallery right here with the ford forums or the use of a personal domain name/web space etc.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #218
toughxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I spent about 35 mins getting my Photobucket pics over 1000 photos onto postimg very simple and easy to use doesn't seem to like vids. I've also found the chrome pb add on is working a treat and all photo bucket images are working ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #219
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

I think it is all every well looking for other options on photo sharing /storage sites that "currently" allow free or low cost 3rd party hosting.

But there is no guarantee that down the track in the near future these other sites won't go the same way as Photobucket.

Then you will be in the same boat all over again.

The best option is to give Russell and his team, time to finish the promised photo storage option on AFF, then we will be protected from this issue ever happening again.

Patience is a virtue
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 01:02 PM   #220
toughxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
I think it is all every well looking for other options on photo sharing /storage sites that "currently" allow free or low cost 3rd party hosting.

But there is no guarantee that down the track in the near future these other sites won't go the same way as Photobucket.

Then you will be in the same boat all over again.

The best option is to give Russell and his team, time to finish the promised photo storage option on AFF, then we will be protected from this issue ever happening again.

Patience is a virtue
No rush at my end, Im very much up for Ford Forum based bucket. I was just asking as I'm at work and can make some time ( kill some time haha) to update links as we are into Aug and I thought that is what was mentioned earlier, if its not happening no issue here.

With the Photo Bucket chrome add on i can still see everything but I am sure that work around wont work forever.

Cheers
Dave
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2017, 02:32 PM   #221
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Totally agree that AFF gallery would be the best option long term and I would be happy to pay for the privilege too.

Already have some pics in AFF gallery but the size limit has stalled me most of the time, how do you reduce the size of images to enable using AFF gallery?

Although I am a paid up member of PB I am still not happy about how that came about, the only response to all the criticism of them is for them to offer a monthly deal which is even more expensive than the yearly one

By supporting other options such as PostImage I am hoping that PB may eventually come up with a reasonable deal, but shan't be holding my breath, keeping my posts pics alive and visible will hopefuly make the transition to AFF gallery easier too, I have a year to think about it, just like to have more than one option.

Also the more support options such as PostImage get the better the chances of them staying viable and or coming up with a better deal than PB, which wouldn't be hard to do

Have uploaded 650 Pics to PhotoImage and am complying with their conditions when posting pics, is definitely a viable option to PB and is my safety net if PB crashes completely.

Last edited by BFIIGhiaZF6; 03-08-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #222
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF11GhiaZF6 View Post
....Already have some pics in AFF gallery but the size limit has stalled me most of the time, how do you reduce the size of images to enable using AFF gallery
Here's one way...
https://fordforums.com.au/showpost.p...3&postcount=45
Old 03-08-2017, 06:43 PM   #223
toughxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Totally agree that AFF gallery would be the best option long term and I would be happy to pay for the privilege too.

Already have some pics in AFF gallery but the size limit has stalled me most of the time, how do you reduce the size of images to enable using AFF gallery?

Although I am a paid up member of PB I am still not happy about how that came about, the only response to all the criticism of them is for them to offer a monthly deal which is even more expensive than the yearly one

By supporting other options such as PostImage I am hoping that PB may eventually come up with a reasonable deal, but shan't be holding my breath, keeping my posts pics alive and visible will hopefuly make the transition to AFF gallery easier too, I have a year to think about it, just like to have more than one option.

Also the more support options such as PostImage get the better the chances of them staying viable and or coming up with a better deal than PB, which wouldn't be hard to do

Have uploaded 650 Pics to PhotoImage and am complying with their conditions when posting pics, is definitely a viable option to PB and is my safety net if PB crashes completely.
For me while I've got the PB chrome add on working would make it a lot easier to identify the correct pic and re-link ( re- title etc) to make it easier if postimg went the same way. Otherwise its going to be a struggle to actually get the correct pic lined up with the old posts.

Anyways ill wait and see what comes about.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM   #224
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post

Patience is a virtue
The negative with that option, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it will only allow pics to be hosted on this forum.

No good if you use multiple forums.

It's understandable why, but will still eliminate it as an option for many.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #225
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughxc View Post
I've also found the chrome pb add on is working a treat and all photo bucket images are working ??
Glad I saw this info!

Although I am a Firefox user, today I loaded up the Chrome browser and the PB addon. Shortly thereafter I could then view my AFF build threads with all the pics back in place, as I have retained all my images with PB as well as taken downloaded copies recently.

The best bit, however, is that I have now made pdf file copies of my full build threads, complete with pics and text, directly from the web pages. The A4 pdf sets are not quite as tidy as a flowing web page and they are long, but all the info is there. These pdf files now give me a permanent file record of my threads as well as a clear guide to reconstruct/edit the image links here at AFF, if that opportunity comes about.

The Chrome PB addon/workaround may or may not be a long term fix and PB might jump on it at some stage. However, it has enabled me re-view and save all my online work that I thought was lost. I am stoked about this in itself.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2017, 10:30 AM   #226
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB# View Post
Thanks EB#,

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Excellent editing tool, created AFF pics folder and am resizing my pics to 800x600 and posting in AFF with no problems now

Cheers, George

Old 04-08-2017, 11:00 AM   #227
toughxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB# View Post
Glad I saw this info!

Although I am a Firefox user, today I loaded up the Chrome browser and the PB addon. Shortly thereafter I could then view my AFF build threads with all the pics back in place, as I have retained all my images with PB as well as taken downloaded copies recently.

The best bit, however, is that I have now made pdf file copies of my full build threads, complete with pics and text, directly from the web pages. The A4 pdf sets are not quite as tidy as a flowing web page and they are long, but all the info is there. These pdf files now give me a permanent file record of my threads as well as a clear guide to reconstruct/edit the image links here at AFF, if that opportunity comes about.

The Chrome PB addon/workaround may or may not be a long term fix and PB might jump on it at some stage. However, it has enabled me re-view and save all my online work that I thought was lost. I am stoked about this in itself.

Think I'll do that myself too great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #228
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well I'm half way thru the show and shine for the AU section making PDFs
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #229
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Nope got the lot

UK
Old 07-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #230
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Google Chrome rocks.
Been using it a while now and just discovered their PB add on.
took me three clicks to install it and its working fine so far, can see all photos again.... for now.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #231
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

yes its good for now but I'm pdfing all my builds so i can re link the images
uk
Old 08-08-2017, 01:21 PM   #232
notNA

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...er-info-dialog

enjoy
notNA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2017, 09:27 PM   #233
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Have just given Postimage a go. Much easier to use than Photobucket.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #234
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Photobucket must be having a hard time getting customers to pay the US$399 for the 500 Plus plan for 3rd party hosting as predicted....

They are now starting to discount the plan....

If you go to their site, this is their latest offer;

Want Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting?
The Plus 500 Account has you covered!
Get 10% off today
USE CODE: summerfun

Still not enough of an incentive to make people take it up IMO.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2017, 10:17 AM   #235
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

UPDATE

Given the limitations in our forum software to narrow down editing capability, we are calling for volunteers who are able to assist with editing and fixing links for other members (and themselves) for a period of time.

If you are interested, send me a PM and I will add your name to a list that members can use. Please also let me know which forum areas (Show'n'Shine / Builds etc.) you wish to assist in.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #236
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

A big thanks to those who have volunteered so far.

The list below contains the user namers of those who have access in the forums listed against their names to edit posts and update image links.

Bulk edits for those images where the image name has not changed and it is just a new URL in front of the original image name can be addressed to me and I will action them.

For example: if your image URL is currently:

photobucket.com/fred/mycar01.jpg

and it is now something like:

fordforums.com/gallery/50/mycar01.jpg OR
newhosting.com/fred25/mycar01.jpg

.. then these can van be resolved using the bulk function.

All other examples that change the name of the image (the piece after the last '/') will require manual editing by one of our volunteers.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #237
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Thanks very much Russel, how long do we have the editing rights for?

Old 18-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #238
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thanks very much Russel, how long do we have the editing rights for?
At least until the end of August and we'll reassess the situation then.
Anyone who requires a bulk upload of their images to the AFF Gallery can contact me and I will arrange for them to be done

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 18-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #239
pcman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all my build threads are in ozecruisers project section so even if i upload the images somewhere cant edit the thread so its pointless, will just leave them to die
pcman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2017, 05:44 PM   #240
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcman View Post
all my build threads are in ozecruisers project section so even if i upload the images somewhere cant edit the thread so its pointless, will just leave them to die
Cheery soul. I did sayu earlier that if other areas were required then we could add them to the list of areas those with editing permission could access. Up to you.

Regards
Russ

PS: The list above has been updated.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 18-08-2017 at 05:52 PM.