Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
vtr007
VTR007

Default new mondeo

Just ordered the new mondeo TDci hopefully get it in 2-3 weeks, just a couple of questions, it comes with 17" wheels and the XR5 comes with 18" wheels so will i be able to put 18" wheels straight onto the TDci???
Also what engine mods can i get for it and also will it be easy to enhance the audio system by adding amps and subs???

and just a little one ford is offering a deal where you can get euro plates for the mondeo and they pay you back for them but the plates are only allowed on 200 modeos in all of australia so you have to be quick, got mine done.

cheers

vtr007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr007
Just ordered the new mondeo TDci hopefully get it in 2-3 weeks, just a couple of questions, it comes with 17" wheels and the XR5 comes with 18" wheels so will i be able to put 18" wheels straight onto the TDci???
Also what engine mods can i get for it and also will it be easy to enhance the audio system by adding amps and subs???

and just a little one ford is offering a deal where you can get euro plates for the mondeo and they pay you back for them but the plates are only allowed on 200 modeos in all of australia so you have to be quick, got mine done.

cheers

Congratulations on the purchase. I want one for the Mrs, however my budget can't stretch to one until mid next year. Did you get Leather?

They've only sold 200 Mondeos thus far? They're in deep trouble if that's the case.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
vtr007
VTR007

dont know how many they have sold but there only allowing 200 euro style plates to be displayed on the new mondeo.
Na didnt get the leather heated seats, just the basic TDci but got the voice control and bluetooth.
and does anyone know where the ipod jack is in it?? in the book it says it has one but when i had a look the other day i couldnt find it.
Old 22-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #4
TheColonel

i believe the aux audio jack is in the glove box...
as for euro plates, i've already got them on my Fiesta so i am just having them transfered over... Panther Black Mondeo XR5 Turbo is on order (approx. 5 week wait)
Old 22-11-2007, 01:19 AM   #5
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Ordered a TDCi with the works (Sunroof, Leather and bluetooth) a couple of weeks ago. Most impressed with the performance, handling and spec for the price. Was told about the Euro Plate offer when I placed the order.
The car is in Oz but not sure about delivery at this stage. 17 inch wheels will do me.
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 01:23 AM   #6
MRJUCY
Fordless

Saw my first one actually out & about on the road this arvo, nice looking car.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
vtr007
VTR007

was looking at the XR5 mondeo but because the other half cant drive manual had to settle with the TDci.
Old 22-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
auslander

The 2litre diesel mondeo, is that the same motor thats in the focus?
auslander is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslander
The 2litre diesel mondeo, is that the same motor thats in the focus?
Yeah sure is. It has 4 less killowatts i think, probably due to exhaust or because it is with a 6 speed auto in mondeo (6 speed man. in focus).

I have driven both cars with the engine and while it is actually very quick in focus, it is more than enough in mondeo to, with only a hit of hesitation off the line. Very responsive and has the most important thing of all - TORQUE :
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
Yeah sure is. It has 4 less killowatts i think, probably due to exhaust or because it is with a 6 speed auto in mondeo (6 speed man. in focus).

I have driven both cars with the engine and while it is actually very quick in focus, it is more than enough in mondeo to, with only a hit of hesitation off the line. Very responsive and has the most important thing of all - TORQUE :
The TDCI uses a diesel straight from peugot and yes is from the focus,i think the drop in kw may be due to ECU mapping for the car,or maybe drop in back pressure created by the exhuasts profile..Also the fact that is had 4kw has nothing to do with it being 6speed manual,because manufacturers almost always are referring to power at the flywheel,and in this case they are.

Last edited by jweb; 24-11-2007 at 09:58 PM.
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #11
jweb

Oh and yes i totally agree with you,the torque is the what makes this engine such a king hitter(excuse the expression),The 96kw figure shouldn't really worry anyone,because it is a miniscual amount and due to manfufacturing and over variables,is even more insignificant.
Old 24-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #12
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice. Don't mind the look of those mondeo's. I think we will see a small group of people move from falcon to Mondeo. Its a good package with some good models.

The new Eco engine comes out soon in the focus. I was reading that its less than 4 litres per 100, around 80 or so kw's. 1.6 turbo diesel. Sounds pretty good to me.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 05:06 AM   #13
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wheels mag seemed to like it, they have one in the garage at the moment.

http://wheelsmag.com.au/wheels/site/...25739A0000F4E1
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #14
bearass
FG XR8

Thumbs up

Hi, have recently traded the turbo terry for a mondeo XR5 should have it middish December(in Thunder), drove the TDCi very nice car and very quiet, but cant wait for mine to arrive.
Old 27-11-2007, 01:46 AM   #15
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The reason the power is down by 4kw on both TDCi and XR5 Turbo when compared to equivalent Focus models is the torque curves are substantially fatter, with a much wider band of available peak torque. This means that both engines develop peak torque longer and from lower revs, much better suited to large cars.
Old 27-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Anyone ordered a Mondeo that had to be shipped from Europe (i.e. no local stock of the required specs)? I have been questioning my dealer over the last couple of weeks for the delivery date (originally told 1st week in December) and was yesterday told that there are issues with shipping and there will be a 3 week delay. Any similar stories?
Old 27-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #17
auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
The reason the power is down by 4kw on both TDCi and XR5 Turbo when compared to equivalent Focus models is the torque curves are substantially fatter, with a much wider band of available peak torque. This means that both engines develop peak torque longer and from lower revs, much better suited to large cars.

How much heavier are the Mondeo's compared to the focus?
auslander is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #18
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslander
How much heavier are the Mondeo's compared to the focus?
The Mondeo is significantly bigger and hence heavier.

Focus TDCi Hatch 1370 kG
Mondeo TDCi Hatch 1604 kG
Old 28-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #19
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

my mates wife just got hers tonite its a blue XR5 TURBO petrol i didnt want to go in it i will go when the run in period is over but there a very nice and sharp looking car from the side if you dont notice the xr5 badge it looks like a bmw

why are all the new cars looking like bmws.

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #20
bearass
FG XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
Anyone ordered a Mondeo that had to be shipped from Europe (i.e. no local stock of the required specs)? I have been questioning my dealer over the last couple of weeks for the delivery date (originally told 1st week in December) and was yesterday told that there are issues with shipping and there will be a 3 week delay. Any similar stories?

Mine is to be shipped from Port of Departure from Belgium I was told and cant get a definite of when it will be here but i dont expect to see it until the new year but will keep you posted-originally was midish December but car hasn't left yet.
Old 29-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #21
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Advocacy mode on, so no offence:-

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...p&c=DFYArticle

See the website re other items.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #22
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Advocacy mode on, so no offence:-

See the website re other items.
Hehehe. I got one in Holland for about 5 Euros. And 2 hi-vis vests for 2 Euro each. I seriously do feel safer with them.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #23
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
After driving a TDCi as soon as one was available we proceeded to order three weeks ago (TDCi with sun roof, leather and bluetooth) and was advised that they had secured a car in Oz (Melbourne).
A week ago I enquired on status only to be told that "our" car was in fact on a ship and due in Oz around 19th Dec. Not sure when we will get hold of it but probably in the new year.
Old 30-11-2007, 12:20 AM   #24
TheColonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
After driving a TDCi as soon as one was available we proceeded to order three weeks ago (TDCi with sun roof, leather and bluetooth) and was advised that they had secured a car in Oz (Melbourne).
A week ago I enquired on status only to be told that "our" car was in fact on a ship and due in Oz around 19th Dec. Not sure when we will get hold of it but probably in the new year.
Must be on the same boat my car is on...
Old 30-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #25
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
Seems a few of us are waiting for the boat then....
I'm fairly certain I won't be seeing mine until '08 (which would make it a 10 week wait from order!) but now I'm concerned about the euro plate offer which I have taken up. A condition of the offer is:

1. The 'Buy one of the first 250 new Mondeos and receive complimentary Euro style plates' Mondeo launch Offer ('the Offer') is redeemable only in connection with the purchase and delivery of an Eligible Vehicle by an Eligible Customer from a participating Ford Dealer between October 1, 2007 and December 31, 2007 inclusive (the 'Program Period').

What are the odds the dealer tries to pull out of this due to delivery being next year?
Old 30-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #26
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Seems a few of us are waiting for the boat then....
I'm fairly certain I won't be seeing mine until '08 (which would make it a 10 week wait from order!) but now I'm concerned about the euro plate offer which I have taken up. A condition of the offer is:

1. The 'Buy one of the first 250 new Mondeos and receive complimentary Euro style plates' Mondeo launch Offer ('the Offer') is redeemable only in connection with the purchase and delivery of an Eligible Vehicle by an Eligible Customer from a participating Ford Dealer between October 1, 2007 and December 31, 2007 inclusive (the 'Program Period').

What are the odds the dealer tries to pull out of this due to delivery being next year?
I don't think there are any worries re my plates as they have already been ordered and confirmed
Old 30-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #27
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Hehehe. I got one in Holland for about 5 Euros. And 2 hi-vis vests for 2 Euro each. I seriously do feel safer with them.
Thanks for that. I am an advocate for these two items and they do form part of a new 'UN Road Traffic Convention' under development. In effect, they will be mandatory supply one day, and eventually their 'use' will be made such too.

Whilst not failsafe, the items give a person, and a persons family - when standing by the roadside attending their broken-down vehicle, or if attending an unexpected road crash scene,- a much greater chance of being seen sooner by approaching traffic, and what that traffic sees sooner/clearer, it can better avoid. Hazard lights alone are often worthless.

I had a couple of scenes this year when folk would definately have survived IF they had the items, each one of these events makes my blood boil, I mean it *really* pi$$es me in that our 'low vehicle equipment requirements' really pi$$ me off. We are mad on speed, but are not 'smart'.

That *will* change. It is to Fords credit, here and in NZ that they offer the UN triangle, and folk should make the effort to purchase.

The EN471 specification 'safety vest' item are universal fit, typically have velco straps and WIDE reflecting bands over either orange or green fluroescent material.

The cheapest EN471 vest I know of domestically costs $5.95 at Hot Dollar Tuggerah.

I've included a picture of the EN471 safety vest in the new Tasmanian driver manual, to impart to readers what the item looks like. I expect that edition out early 2008. NSW handbook has the EU/UN triangle, a vest pic will also be included, due late 2008.

I'll let this thread get back on track.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #28
Bossxr8
Peter Car

OKKKKK then. :
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #29
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going for a test drive of the XR5 this morning; anything specific I should look for?
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #30
jweb

throttle response,The Xr5 is pretty fautless,but due to the extra weight of the car i would be looking at the throttle response and engine response mainly