Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 28-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
DevilBabi
Starter Motor

Default Devilbabi's KQ SR2

I noticed there isnt many show off threads on here for KQ's.
I've just finished getting all my exterior up to scratch, not that it had much to be done.

Her she is in all her glory!!

By devilbabi at 2011-10-28

Will upload some more tomorrow!

Cheers, Manda

DevilBabi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
DevilBabi
Starter Motor

Default Re: Devilbabi's KQ SR2

PS! Dint in the top 2 pics has been worked out now, as you can see in the bottom 2!!!
Old 28-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice. Love the body kit. Well done. She looks the goods.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I have a soft spot for the SR2, almost bought one once, just couldn't find a nice example.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
Devilchild
Starter Motor

Thanks guys!! The kit is just the standard, I was thinking about changing the front bar briefly, I wanted something a bit meatier.

Their awesome cars, but your right Galaxy, its super hard to find anything about SR2's. There arnt many show off threads, of threads in existence. I've searched high and low for some modded ones, just out of interest, and its pretty tough!!

They are a good car, but can use a bit of fuel at times.
Other then that, awesome little cars.
I've only updated the exhaust on mine, but was thinking about extractors etc, not that that will help with fuel economy. LOL
Devilchild is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

You may have more luck finding details of mods if you have a look on a Mazda or some of the Jap forums, the SP20 is basically the same car with just cosmetic differences

By the way if you go with extractors you may need to make some minor modifications to make them fit and you could also expect some error codes to show up. I had a set of Genie headers fitted to an SR2 I owned and to be honest I didn't really notice a great deal of difference to performance but I think it made it even thirstier on fuel than when stock. I had other issues with mine due to an obvious lack of maintenance on the behalf of the previous owner although the log books were up to date and stamped I suspect the books may have been fixed :( I traded the car about 3 months later and haven't seen it anywhere since

Last edited by Russ; 29-10-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
DevilBabi
Starter Motor

WOW, I haven't been back here in a bit! I don't really think i would worry about the extractors etc, its all good as it is, I might swap over some of the hoses for braided ones etc, still not sure, but she's running awesome and no problems to report as is, so don't fix what aint broke I say!!