Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #181
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levarre
Hi to everyone ... I have just come over to the dark side!!! Originally owned the first Torana LJ GTR to arrive in NZ (almost wrote it off 6 months later) and always been a Peter Brock fan.
Just brought a Fairmont Ghia AU1 ... It's taken 30 years to get a car that is "Mine" and not "Ours". The wife has named him "REX", is it OK to give Fords a name?? Have found this forum extremely useful, thanks to JC for the LED's. I am just waiting for the NRMA to deliver a new battery for him.
we are not the dark side. holden is.
Old 29-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #182
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73
we are not the dark side. holden is.
You won't find a truer word spoken anywhere. Period.
Old 29-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #183
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Hi to everyone ... I have just come over to the dark side!!! Originally owned the first Torana LJ GTR to arrive in NZ (almost wrote it off 6 months later) and always been a Peter Brock fan.
Just brought a Fairmont Ghia AU1 ... It's taken 30 years to get a car that is "Mine" and not "Ours". The wife has named him "REX", is it OK to give Fords a name?? Have found this forum extremely useful, thanks to JC for the LED's. I am just waiting for the NRMA to deliver a new battery for him.
A Kiwi! Boss, can I pick on him? Please? Please? Please? A Holden Kiwi - Please, Please Please?

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #184

Hi to everyone.

I have been on this website for a while with a 77 ZH which is now for sale if anyone here wants it?

I have upgraded to a stock AU1 XL wellbody ute so im still driving with a column shift!

I have a few questions so will post them up.

cheers

Last edited by 13101093; 30-12-2010 at 02:43 PM.
13101093 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #185
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD
A Kiwi! Boss, can I pick on him? Please? Please? Please? A Holden Kiwi - Please, Please Please?
Just a little bit then Bit be carefill semofthimKiwis are 7 foot 6 and built like Brick Dunnys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13101093
Hi to everyone.

I have been on this website for a while with a 77 ZH which is now for sale if anyone here wants it?

I have upgraded to a stock AU1 XL wellbody ute so im still driving with a column shift!

I have a few questions so will post them up.

cheers
G"Day and welcome , hope the gang has the answers you seek
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #186
Levarre
Peter Rabbit

[QUOTE=Whoosha]Just a little bit then Bit be carefill semofthimKiwis are 7 foot 6 and built like Brick Dunnys

Its OK I'm short, tubby and grey haired!!! I've been here more years than I lived in NZ so I think I have earned a second chance....Oh and I own a Ford!!
I read the replies this morning and then realised this isn't my first Ford, I had a company car in the late 80's and was one of the first with ABS, I was doing a driving course with Ian Luff and everyone was impressed with the braking ... everyone did a 70km to stop, I had to do a 110km to stop .. and beat them all!!!
The kiwi got a run..but no word on car names? Are all 6 & 8 cylinder male cars? are there any female fords (fiesta?) would a pink v6 or V8 be a transvestite car?

"How do Kiwis find sheep in long grass???? .....Delightful!!"
Levarre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #187
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
The kiwi got a run..but no word on car names? Are all 6 & 8 cylinder male cars? are there any female fords (fiesta?) would a pink v6 or V8 be a transvestite car?

"How do Kiwis find sheep in long grass???? .....Delightful!!"
All V6's are transvestites.

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 19-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #188
Evn79
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone,

I joined AuFalcon.com a few months ago after I bought my 99 Au Forte and it had the website stickers on the bodykit, as the car was owned by another member of the site.

I am married with 2 young kids, and live on the southside of Brisbane.

I work in defence and is posted out at Amberley..

Last edited by Evn79; 19-01-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Evn79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #189
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evn79
Hi Everyone,

I joined AuFalcon.com a few months ago after I bought my 99 Au Forte and it had the website stickers on the bodykit, as the car was owned by another member of the site.

I am married with 2 young kids, and live on the southside of Brisbane.

I work in defence and is posted out at Amberley..
G"day and welcome to the home of the AU, hope you enjoy tour new ride

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 05-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #190
Au3xr8
FIVELITRE

Hey all, just joined aufalcon.com under the name DazXR and thought id say hey!

Im Darren, 35 and married with no kids as yet and i live on Phillip Island. Just recently sold my xr6t and brought an 02 series 3 xr8 sedan which ill take delivery of next sat.
Au3xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #191
SlipKnoT

hi all, my names Bryce im 17 and just bought my first car a series II au falcon which is factory 5 speed and in very good condition for its age this site looks like it will be a big help to me
SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #192
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXr6t
Hey all, just joined aufalcon.com under the name DazXR and thought id say hey!

Im Darren, 35 and married with no kids as yet and i live on Phillip Island. Just recently sold my xr6t and brought an 02 series 3 xr8 sedan which ill take delivery of next sat.
Welcome
Now there"s a good upgrade for you Shall have to keep a eye out for it as your only down the road ,what colour should I look for ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
hi all, my names Bryce im 17 and just bought my first car a series II au falcon which is factory 5 speed and in very good condition for its age this site looks like it will be a big help to me
Nice pick up for a first car hope we can help out along the way

Quote:
Old 05-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #193
Au3xr8
FIVELITRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Welcome
Now there"s a good upgrade for you Shall have to keep a eye out for it as your only down the road ,what colour should I look for ?
Cheers for the welcome!

The turbo is fun but i love the 8's more. Blueprint in colour with Te50 rims. Where bouts you located?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #194
SlipKnoT

thanks for welcoming me to the forums everyone who has sen it so far thinks its a great first car and so do i so im happy
SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #195
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXr6t
Cheers for the welcome!

The turbo is fun but i love the 8's more. Blueprint in colour with Te50 rims. Where bouts you located?
Usually around Cranny, Kooe Wee Rup or Corinella mines Narooma, Manual, 220
with Whoosha plates on it
Old 06-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #196
Au3xr8
FIVELITRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Usually around Cranny, Kooe Wee Rup or Corinella mines Narooma, Manual, 220
with Whoosha plates on it
Got friends in Coronet Bay. My bro in-law and his mate both have series 2 xr8 ute's which are pretty sweet rides and was thinkin bout gettin a ute but i love the series 3 sedan, think they look hott!
Old 15-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #197
Deliverance
Starter Motor

Default Hi All

Hey everyone. I'm a late comer to the awesomeness that is the AU series. I just bought a second hand AU1 wagon with 282,000 on the clock. Runs great and I'm going to sort some mild mods for it soon. Larger snorkel, pod filter (housed in original filter box) and an upgraded exhaust and muffler.

Cheers

Deliverance
Deliverance is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #198
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverance
Hey everyone. I'm a late comer to the awesomeness that is the AU series. I just bought a second hand AU1 wagon with 282,000 on the clock. Runs great and I'm going to sort some mild mods for it soon. Larger snorkel, pod filter (housed in original filter box) and an upgraded exhaust and muffler.

Cheers

Deliverance

Welcome Deliverance. Hope you enjoy your AU.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 16-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #199
Deliverance
Starter Motor

Cheers mate, Thanks for the welcome.
Deliverance is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #200
brownieXR8

Hi guys, just put down a deposit on an 2001 AU III XR8. 220KW, 5 speed manual, cat back exhaust and 19" wheels. Should be picking it up next weekend

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
brownieXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #201
Rosscco

Hi all

First time I've had a car from the 21st century. I'm usually into older cars, but thought I'd like a modern one for day to day driving. Just purchased a series II AU Fairmont, and loving it.
Rosscco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #202
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Welcome Brownie & Rossco hope you enjoy your stay and don't forget to post up some picks soon

Quote:
Old 23-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #203
ROBO332

Default Re: Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

Hi everyone .I purchased my first Au forte wagon 2 months ago and love driving it. I have always owned older Fords so now i will have to learn all about this computerised tecnology with help of this forum. Will post some pics as soon as i can work out how to upload.
ROBO332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #204
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBO332
Hi everyone .I purchased my first Au forte wagon 2 months ago and love driving it. I have always owned older Fords so now i will have to learn all about this computerised tecnology with help of this forum. Will post some pics as soon as i can work out how to upload.
Welcome Robo. Glad you picked an AU. There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums. Enjoy.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 11-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #205
dwnsnow

Hi all im snow from darwin just picked up a Au111 xr8 220 kw wife and 2 kids bugger sound like al bundy married with children but i dont sell shoes top site you guys have here cheers

Last edited by dwnsnow; 11-04-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: changed my thoughts
dwnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #206
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnsnow
Hi all im snow from darwin just picked up a Au111 xr8 220 kw wife and 2 kids bugger sound like al bundy married with children but i dont sell shoes top site you guys have here cheers
Welcome Snow. Great pickup - the XR8 anyway. Welcome aboard. The forums are a great resource. I hope that you enjoy.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 13-04-2011, 03:22 AM   #207
afeds
Starter Motor

G'Day fellas,

I'm Andrew and I'm a 20y.o. uni student working part time for the last 14 months, and I just bought my first car - a '06 BF MKII Fairmont ZF about a month ago and should be recieving it this Saturday from interstate transport.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #208
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum but you're in the wrong club sub-forum. This is for people with AU series Falcons whereas your car is a BF series.

You might want to head over to the B-series forum here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=176

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #209
afeds
Starter Motor

Oops, sorry. Just realised :p
Old 20-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #210
XRTickfordNZ
XR Tickford Fanatic

Hi , Im Brendon from Shakey Christchurch, NZ. Ive been on this forum for quite some time with alot of the earlier falcons. But, with my lifestyle change and the recent quakes, things have changed alot, and I am now the proud owner of a 2001 AU11 XR6 Ute. Winter White with Black Leather interior.

Cheers,

Brendon

1998 AU Fairmont Wagon, XR6 front kit....His
2002 AUIII XR6 Sedan, Blueprint, tints, tinted lights, BA XR wheels, leather....Hers
2008 Tandem Axle Trailer, The Falcon Hauler

XRTickfordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post