Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 24-05-2022, 09:11 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Wanted: [SYD] Rubbish Live Axle AU-BF

My diff is due for a going-through. The shop will need it (off car) for 2-3 days.

I don’t want to leave my ute with its back end on stands, in the street, chained to one of my other cars. It just looks a bit too hick, even for me. I want to rebuild in my original housing for some preservation of originality, so a double-shuffle like this is needed.

All I’m looking to borrow or buy is a rear that I can bolt up and fit my B-series wheels onto. It could be totally grenaded inside, seized, bent massively - doesn’t matter. Does anyone in Greater Sydney have a suitable diff lying around?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2022, 05:42 AM   #2
Phildo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent work on the BF Brake information. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Photo Essay - Centre Console Disassembly 
Default Re: Wanted: [SYD] Rubbish Live Axle AU-BF

Find a diff from an AU wagon or ute.
Read about it all at Cabloid, the web site that has stories and photos about my life driving a taxi at night.
www.cabloid.com.au
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2022, 09:27 AM   #3
XC_Lizzard

Diffs from earlier Falcons will bolt straight in.
XC_Lizzard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2022, 09:55 AM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Like an E-series wagon?

Still nosing around, it may be Friday before I can physically chase anything.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:43 PM   #5
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Grab a diff from an EL or EF wagon and pull the centre out before you throw it under the Ute. The spider gears (4 pinion) are made from real borg Warner steel unlike the BA gears that are made for Dana out of old washing machines and fridges. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2022, 10:49 PM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Ta - it’s good to know the spread of candidates is wider.

I’ve got a rebuilt 4P LSD to go into my housing, NOS 3.23 gears and new bearings, so the dead diff really is a “tide me over” for the week.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:18 PM   #7
XC_Lizzard

Any leaf spring diff from XR on should fit, the changes in length of the diff housings were outboard of the spring perches.

I have a BF III diff in my XD racecar, bolts straight up.
XC_Lizzard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2022, 07:33 PM   #8
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

i have two AU 3.45 complete diffs down here............ complete with diff whine and some EA/EB/EL diffs
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-06-2022, 04:59 AM   #9
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

The cost of fetching would negate any benefits. I’m perilously close to just paying the extra for drive in/drive out. My biggest fear is a bit “DFB”, I don’t want the original finish beaten up or overpainted.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-06-2022, 11:05 AM   #10
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
The cost of fetching would negate any benefits. I’m perilously close to just paying the extra for drive in/drive out. My biggest fear is a bit “DFB”, I don’t want the original finish beaten up or overpainted.

yeah that's what was done to my rebuilt diff ...... painted the whole thing frigggen thing black - including the ratio sticker
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: