Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-03-2022, 05:05 AM   #1
Studz xr8
Studzy

Default Ford Falcon Leather Seats wiring

Hello all,
I was just wondering does anyone know if it is possible to fit later model Ford Falcon XR8 front leather seats to a 1999 AU XR8 and still have the "Air Bags" operational.
I realise the set-up (sensors and wiring)will require recalibration in order for them to remain operational once fitted, so I guess what I am really asking is, has there been a wiring package designed to be fitted along with the later model seats so they still comply with the Australian Standards rules and regulations.

Any information in regards to this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:53 AM   #2
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Falcon Leather Seats wiring

Can't answer your question.
Probably a good place to start would be to compare the differences in components & circuitry between your 1999 AU XR8 & which ever later model vehicle you are considering using for parts.
As you're talking about modifying the airbag safety system I'd suspect it would require an engineers approval certificate.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-03-2022, 09:29 AM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studz xr8 View Post
Hello all,
I was just wondering does anyone know if it is possible to fit later model Ford Falcon XR8 front leather seats to a 1999 AU XR8 and still have the "Air Bags" operational.
I realise the set-up (sensors and wiring)will require recalibration in order for them to remain operational once fitted, so I guess what I am really asking is, has there been a wiring package designed to be fitted along with the later model seats so they still comply with the Australian Standards rules and regulations.

Any information in regards to this would be greatly appreciated.

re electrical side [seat forward/back/up/down] the basic seats [BA/BF] only need two wires for power, it's when you try fitting memory seats you need more wiring etc. the seat floor mounting won't match the AU so will need an engineers approval. have NO idea re seat side airbag but the earlier BA [except Fairymont/Fairylane/LTD] didn't have any fitted. i know the AU i had didn't have seat airbags fitted but it wasn't a higher class vehicle [Fairymont/Fairylane/LTD] so i don't know if they did. the NU fronts i have here i don't believe they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog
Can't answer your question.
Probably a good place to start would be to compare the differences in components & circuitry between your 1999 AU XR8 & which ever later model vehicle you are considering using for parts.
As you're talking about modifying the airbag safety system I'd suspect it would require an engineers approval certificate.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2022, 06:05 PM   #4
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

only AU seats will fit, BA and above have different rails.
So you would have to get an engineers sign off.
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2022, 07:43 PM   #5
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

In regards to the air bags you will need an engineer to sign off on the them.

Due to the different dimensions and layouts of the AU to the FG I very much you will get an engineer to sign it off, but hey, I've been wrong before.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: