Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT club of SA > General Discussion

Old 25-01-2022, 06:27 PM   #1
The Toe Cutter
Starter Motor

Default Coupe in complete vin research

Hi everyone I m a first time user of this site so Im working my way around it.
I got my self a rolling chassis that’s missing most of its identification info. So far Ive been able to resurrect about 80% of the chassis vin found on the left hand shock tower.
The caricatures have been poorly stamped and are only producing partial numbers and letters.
Is there somewhere or someone I can talk to too escalate the IDing process, Ive used a lot of chemical, mechanical and electro methods to reveal what I have so far.
One method that I want to try but can not get access to is a list of the VIN numbers for Coupes so I can do a filtered search on the info I already have.

Plus finding a third part to validate what I have would be a good tool to have.

I’ve spoken to the following but hit a wall, traffic liscencing, 13Ford, ford dealerships and all on line VIN searching requires full numbers and $$$.

Thanks in advance
The Toe Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2022, 05:40 AM   #2
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Coupe in complete vin research

Perhaps if you provide detailed information on what you do know about the vehicle someone may be able to assist.

To say you have an incomplete coupe & a partial VIN isn't very informative.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2022, 09:17 PM   #3
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: Coupe in complete vin research

To start with, the first two characters will always be JG. After that, it (the 3rd & 4th characters) will be one of the following namely, 65, 66, 67 or 70. After that, the 5th character will be either M, N, P, R, S, T or U. For the 6th character - see this page

For the SIDO, you will need to decipher this one on your own. Lastly, the character at the end will either be a C = 6 cylinder car of K = 8 cylinder car.

All details re VIN's can be found here

Hope it works out for you.

Last edited by Paull; 26-01-2022 at 09:18 PM. Reason: az uzual, karnt spel 4 shyte
Paull is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: