Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Smile st ordered

Well finally managed to win over the "minister for war and finance" and yesterday ordered the new fiesta st from local dealer, trading in my early 2012 focus titanium petrol for it. Now i just have to decide on the colour, molten orange or performance blue(want to see the orange in the flesh) and then wait impaiently

mrmavx

mrmavx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: st ordered

Nice! You might be the first person to turn up here with one.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe off topic but did they rape you on a trade in on the focus?
i enquired about a used car using my dec 2012 fiesta as trade in, paid $16000 for the fiesta and they offered $8k for it with no money off the other car saying they can only get $10k for it on the lot
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
i enquired about a used car using my dec 2012 fiesta as trade in, paid $16000 for the fiesta and they offered $8k for it with no money off the other car saying they can only get $10k for it on the lot
no my dealer did not rape me as they know i have friends inside of ford, i traded my may 12 compliance july registered titanium focus petrol (31.5k purchase price)with 35 thousand km on the clock and the changeover is 6k with the st having premium paint and tintted windows included in that price, i also priced it at a large well know melbourne dealership(multiple locations is a hint) and they offered 10,340 change over and when pushed he offered 9.25k if i signed there and then, when i suggested 6k he laughed and told me to my face i was stupid and had no idea about car prices so suprise suprise i walked out and went back to my local dealer

mrmavx

Last edited by mrmavx; 12-08-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Out of curiosity what is the cash price for a fiesta st no trade.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Out of curiosity what is the cash price for a fiesta st no trade.
$25,990 plus ORC, or getting close to $30k all up in other words.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
sus_038
nufnsus

Going to be interesting to hear a review of the ST from someone off of this forum!

The misses wants one so so bad!!
sus_038 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #8
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Smile Re: st ordered

update: colour is going to be molten orange and an appopriate number plate has been secured with vicroads
mrmavx
2 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

nice. congratulations!

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #10
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

next update

Dealer has provided me the sido number and the vin number and the car is sitting in a holding yard until ford decide to release them which is expected to be sometime during the last week of august for official on sale date of sept 2. I have also recieved personalised number plates from vicroads which i only ordered on last sunday evening so now all i can do is to sit and wait until it arrives.

mrmavx
Old 17-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmavx View Post
no my dealer did not rape me as they know i have friends inside of ford, i traded my may 12 compliance july registered titanium focus petrol (31.5k purchase price)with 35 thousand km on the clock and the changeover is 6k with the st having premium paint and tintted windows included in that price, i also priced it at a large well know melbourne dealership(multiple locations is a hint) and they offered 10,340 change over and when pushed he offered 9.25k if i signed there and then, when i suggested 6k he laughed and told me to my face i was stupid and had no idea about car prices so suprise suprise i walked out and went back to my local dealer

mrmavx
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the ST itself? Sounds like you got around 21-23K for the Focus and paid 6K difference?
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
My Mrs got a 10K trade in on her 2010 WS Fiesta Zetec (5 door auto 1.4). She was offered that by two separate dealerships sight unseen. The Fiesta was bought new in 2010 for 22.5K
Old 17-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #13
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the ST itself? Sounds like you got around 21-23K for the Focus and paid 6K difference?
hi leadfoot, the on paper figures are 29k and 23k, but as we all know they can be manipulated up or down to suit, i really only consider the change over price when i am trading in. There are 2 other things that i think helped my deal and they are 1. my local dealer knows me, and knows i have mates who work in the design and engineering division at ford who feed me information on costs when they can and 2. being a country dealer moving an st straight away even for a lower margin is preferable to being on the lot for a couple of months as they are not likely to sell many of these( especially as i have seen fords forcast which is only 26 per month sold for the balance of the year(i presume for victoria, i didnt get to read it all as when it was realised i was reading it he changed the screen))

mrmavx
Old 18-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #14
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmavx View Post
hi leadfoot, the on paper figures are 29k and 23k, but as we all know they can be manipulated up or down to suit, i really only consider the change over price when i am trading in. There are 2 other things that i think helped my deal and they are 1. my local dealer knows me, and knows i have mates who work in the design and engineering division at ford who feed me information on costs when they can and 2. being a country dealer moving an st straight away even for a lower margin is preferable to being on the lot for a couple of months as they are not likely to sell many of these( especially as i have seen fords forcast which is only 26 per month sold for the balance of the year(i presume for victoria, i didnt get to read it all as when it was realised i was reading it he changed the screen))

mrmavx
Thanks mate. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!
Old 18-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #15
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
Thanks mate. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!
yes i am very happy with it, especially when compared to what i was offered in melbourne and also because i will not have a powershift gearbox that i do not trust anymore.
Old 23-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
ConST

My local dealer has two coming in. Apparently each dealer is being allocated two cars at first. Part of the whole launch thing.

He has a blue one, and a molten orange one.

I put a down payment on the blue one. Got the VIN already. Just waiting for Ford Australia to officially release the Fiesta STs. Could be as early as next week. Once they do, I'll be picking it up!

Looking forward to it!
ConST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
ConST

Oh and I paid $31k all up, including having the wheels painted black.

They really aren't giving any discount off them at this stage. I'm paying cash in full and they wouldn't budge a cent. To be expected when each dealer is only allocated two to start!
Old 23-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #18
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

hello all latest news from my dealer is that Toll has advised my dealer delivery will be next wednesday or thursday, so depending on how things go with pre deliv and tint might get it on monday the 2nd with a very slim chance of a sat deliv if it gets there early.
also ConSt where are you located as there was at least a $1000 discount at all 3 dealers i visited(northern/northwestern side of melbourne) and my final price was $29,000 including tint and metallic paint including all onroads
mrmavx

Last edited by mrmavx; 23-08-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 24-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
trumpy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConST View Post
Oh and I paid $31k all up, including having the wheels painted black.

They really aren't giving any discount off them at this stage. I'm paying cash in full and they wouldn't budge a cent. To be expected when each dealer is only allocated two to start!
Congrats!
Incidentally, paying cash has no benefit to the dealership (quite the opposite) and really offers buyers no leverage.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #20
ConST

I'm in Sydney. Prices are a bit higher here.

Itching to pick it up!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2
Old 25-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
Pursya

Hmm....love the molten orange

Not an ST, but I snuck out the back of our local dealer this arvo, after seeing a new silver base model out the front, to see if there was an ST in the house.
No luck. But love the molten.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #22
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was under the impression that Molten Orange was an ST only colour, just like Tangerine Scream on the Focus?
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #23
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya View Post
Hmm....love the molten orange

Not an ST, but I snuck out the back of our local dealer this arvo, after seeing a new silver base model out the front, to see if there was an ST in the house.
No luck. But love the molten.
Are you sure that was molten orange and not chilli orange? as molten is supposed to be an st exclusive
Old 26-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #24
ConST

That car in the pic isn't Molten Orange. It's far too....red haha.

Yes the MO colour is exclusive to the ST only. It has a metallic tinge to it.

This link shows some close ups of what it looks like. And anyone in Sydney who wants to see if it the flesh, MO is the colour of the second ST brought in by my dealer. Performance Ford in Castle Hill.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1188...st-st-hands-on
Old 26-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #25
Pursya

Ah well, I just assumed that all orange ones were the same.
But doesn't change my opinion. Love it. Not so the ST color in the above link.
Pity.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #26
ConST

The normal Fiesta models do come in an orange as well. I think it's called Valencia?

That might be what you saw.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2
Old 26-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #27
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No its called Chilli orange, like the current WT Chilli orange, Molten is brand new. Dealers will see these very soon. We have a white and molten due this week.

Also have a few WZ's on the yard now too
Old 26-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #28
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sus_038 View Post
Going to be interesting to hear a review of the ST from someone off of this forum!

The misses wants one so so bad!!
I have an invite to Ford's 2 day Fiesta drive program this Thursday and Friday. I will be posting a review, looking forward to driving all the new Fiesta models, the ST power to weight ratio should be a real pocket rocket.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #29
hedgehobb

I would get molten orange, just so I get to say the word "molten."

You could then call the car 'Mofezst.'
hedgehobb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #30
ryu88
Starter Motor

Ordered one! Molten Orange. Should be ready to pick up on thursday or friday. But will probably head down on Sat morning!

Will need to get insurance sorted out in the next few days. Anyone have an idea of what I'm gonna be up for as a 25 year old male, no history?
ryu88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post