Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Default Zetec Car Alarm

As I was aware regarding the 'Premieter Alarm' in the manual or whatever, I went in my lunch break with my friend from work and tested to see if anything works. Nothing works, when I attempt to open the door from the inside while the car is dead locked. Nothing, the questions leaves me puzzled, are they for false advertising or am I overlooked on something that I should have known? Is there a proper alarm that I would be able to be aware of for my Zetec 5 Door?

Otherwise my work friend, his car is a 2010 mazda 3 Neo and is only two weeks old, only last friday, he has a aftermarket car alarm installed at a reasonable price, it is heaps better than I saw, the car is very senestive with anyone walking around, it beeps, flashes lights (the small ones) once it goes around to the 3rd beep the alarm goes off for 30 seconds (and stops), if someone is attempting to break in, if it continues, the alarm goes on full boom until it has been disabled remotely by owner.

Anyone care to share the source on how this stupid premieter alarm?

Old 27-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have managed to set off the alarm. Put the car windows down, lock the car (single lock, do not dead lock it) and wait about a minute or so. Pull the door handle from the inside and there you go. Not sure how long it goes for, but it's relatively loud without being deafening. My guess is the system works much in the same way as the Falcon Perimeter Alarm:

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=1178843616655

The alarm you're referring to is probably a motion alarm. A perimeter alarm just means it does all the opening parts of the body, so doors, boot and bonnet. If they are tampered with, then the alarm sounds. It's definitely not a fully blow alarm system like some, and like you say, once you've dead locked unless they rip the door open, or the bonnet or boot, it won't sound. Not sure if it'll sound if you break the window and attempt to start the car?
Old 27-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Not sure if it'll sound if you break the window and attempt to start the car?

Are you not willing to test this for the rest of us? For the Team?

Come on be a pal!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
trento
Audiophile

has anyone fitted the alarm system from EP? I've been looking at it for my CL but I'm not sure if it's worth the time, effort and money???

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec

Come on be a pal!
Not until you're willing to shell us for a new window! :evil3:
Old 29-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
My tinted windows look just fine without them being shattered!
Old 30-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Hahahaha

I finally managed to get my alarm to go off. Just like you described, it surely did, only not to dead lock it - which makes a difference, which you can not open the door, doesn't matter even you break the window, the car won't let you open. The alarm went off with the horn beepin' I was told by a hearing friend of mine .
Old 30-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
how much did it cost to get them tinted??? and did you go the full 35% tint???

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$200 smackaroonies cash. Darkest legal tint. I got it cheap cos our rep cars get tinted there and the company actually produces all our signage. Looks the tits.