Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Cyborg1978

Default Have you guys seen this

Hi guys just cruzing Ebay USA and came across this add on. Do you think this would work on ours and what would we lose with ours? Check it out any way see what you think. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Car-D...ht_2163wt_1167

Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd guess it's the same unit that was brought up a while ago, as this item is actually located in China. It appears to have a different look to it as apposed to the ones that are usually floating about eBay, but it could be a revised skin? It uses TomTom maps, so you'd be able to update it. My guess however the interface, wording, translations and the fact it's an aftermarket kit from China with loads of kit, at a relativly cheap price and no branding on it, well I think it'd be more trouble than it's worth. Also trying to get our Voice Control module to relate to it could be iffy.

If it's a decent unit however, I'd definitly look at it. Doesn't seem to be any reviews of videos of the actual unit being used, well not that I can find?
Old 23-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
Cyborg1978

And another one seems the same http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ford-Fiesta-...t_10151wt_1167
Old 23-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buTleLRhcdg

My guess. Wait for SYNC, it comes with so much, My Ford, Touch, Pandora and it connects perfectly with BlackBerry, and hopefully iPhone soon. Future Fiesta models should get this. It looks a darn sight better than this too. Though, a simple skin could fix this system. It seems to integrate with the control well enough though?
Old 24-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Cyborg1978

I would be happy with an updadte screen that was color and I could conecet a satnav. And use the reset of the facotory standad equipment.