Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 15000 service and an instantaneous fuel useage update

Hi all,

Had the Mondeo in for a 15,000 service at Yarra Ranges yesterday.

Total cost was $473.10 with the following breakdown:

Handbook Service cost (labour) $152
Wheel alignment and rotation $ 55 (the wheels were removed and replaced - I have a way of telling )
Brake fluid replacement $ 48
Fluids and W/S Supplies $175
GST $ 43

The brake fluid was a time expired thing because our car was built in march 2008 and spent 3 months getting to OZ thru Fords system and on the dealership floor for 15 months before we bought it with a 25% discount from normal on the road retail last October 2009.

I'm not sure about the wheel alignment but we do live on a dirt road and this last winter has caused so many pot holes between council maintenance programs that it would not be surprising it the wheel alignment was necessary.

But the good news is that the intrument problem was sorted out. Long story short. The dealership where we bought the car lost the average fuel consumption when they were dicking around trying to get the instantaneous readout activated. I stop using people who break things, but discussed the matter with the Service guys at Yarra Ranges, where we bought and have had serviced the Territory (we didn't buy the Mondeo there though), who assured me they would sort things out and there would be no damage if any dash disassembly was necessary.

Well, sort it out they did, and it did require a new instrument module of some sort. SWMBO drove the car home and reported the average readout was again working and dropped from 9.8 to 7.3 l/100 km in the 25 km trip to home. There is no damage to the dashboard or the instruments' surrounds either.

But the really, really good news is that there is now an instantaneous readout as well among the display options we have only had to wait 13 months . So it is possible - don't believe any service centre who tell you it can not be done.

I'm going to take it for a freeway spin to see what the consumption is at a steady 100 km/hour.

Good one Yarra Ranges

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post