Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #5521
TonyRTV
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day member
Just bought a 2006 BF Mk11 RTV one tonner without any research, now trying to sort out the damn HIM & ICC what a nightmare , screen works when put in reverse but no fan & when put into drive shuts down, any ideas ? been looking in forums to find some same symptoms to no avail.
So I'm still looking.

Lots of info to get my head around but it's invaluable

Hopefully I'll get this sorted soon without humungus cost

Tony
TonyRTV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #5522
Ansimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRTV View Post
G'day member
Just bought a 2006 BF Mk11 RTV one tonner without any research, now trying to sort out the damn HIM & ICC what a nightmare , screen works when put in reverse but no fan & when put into drive shuts down, any ideas ? been looking in forums to find some same symptoms to no avail.
So I'm still looking.

Lots of info to get my head around but it's invaluable

Hopefully I'll get this sorted soon without humungus cost

Tony
I would try an ICC swap first as that is your least expensive option. I am sure that they are dearer in Geraldton but around Brisbane they can be picked up for $50.
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2018, 11:25 PM   #5523
Derek MacRae
Starter Motor

Picked new ute up last week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (98.5 KB, 14 views)
Derek MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 11:52 PM   #5524
TonyRTV
Starter Motor

Thanks Ansimp

will look into that, the local wreckers only have BA's, but I guess they'll have to do.

Tony
TonyRTV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #5525
Electrolyte Burns

Hi guys and gals.

Finally re-joined the Falcon fold.
That's right after a hiatus of 15 years, I finally own another Falcon.
From the beginning.

First one was a XB Wagon, that finally rusted to nothing.

Next a XC Sedan I bought for $500 that had had an engine rebuild.

Next an XE Wagon, that I had to rebuild the motor.

Then a ZL Fairlane Sedan. Loved it to bits. Sold it to a mate who gave it to his girlfriend. It ended up torched.

I then went to a 1982 Toyota 4WD Diesel Ute, when I bought some property, that just wouldn't get through rego last Sept. Too much rust in the cab. Happy to see it go eventually as I'm getting on in years as it had no power steering or air-con.

So now I have a 2007 BF Wagon and am loving the extra cab space, performance. Bought it with 147k on the clock. An ex Qld government car.

Found this forum soon after I bought it, so thought I should finally put something here.

So there you have it. See some of you around.
Electrolyte Burns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #5526
Jungle
Starter Motor

Hi all , great forum ,cheers jungle
Jungle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2018, 09:15 PM   #5527
spiderwheel65
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone
I have just brought an 96 EF Falcon at a very good price.
I had owned Ford cars since I started driving until 3 years ago and I brought a Magna and theautomatic transmission died in it last weekend I have a disability and on a pension and didn't have enough money to get the magna fixed, with what money I had I brought the EF.
It has got few minor issues example needs a new muffler, leaking power steering , a rear interior door handle and a front indicator.

Overall the car is in good condition, it needs a wash and polish and a clean inside.

I managed to buy a door handle and an indicator on line.

I did like the Magna, but I did miss my Ford, so I will be very happy to get the EF on the road.
spiderwheel65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2018, 12:13 AM   #5528
Danz NF
Starter Motor

G'day Ford Land,
Thought I'd better say g'day to the mob out there.Had Ford's of all shapes & size's all my life,Have passed by the forums plenty of times & never had the time to smell the Ford's..

cheers all
Danz NF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2018, 09:45 AM   #5529
watersnake
Starter Motor

Hi Mate
watersnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #5530
Cherisev8
Starter Motor

Hi guys, I've owned many fords over the years and now come to a time where I must sell another one...hoping someone out there will appreciate it as much as I have over the past 10 years...AUIII Fairmont 5.0L wagon...hope to chat to some of you about it on the sale forum thread
Cherisev8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #5531
Rialto
Starter Motor

Hello everyone.
Recently had a Landrover Discovery 3 which we towed our caravan
as part of the grey nomads moving around Australia.
As it aged it became unreliable and expensive. We needed a vehicle
which could be serviced in rural/remote Australia. That meant a Holden
or a Ford. We settled on a Ford Territory SZ 11. Its diesel.
Curiously the same 2.7 V6 as the Discovery. So far it perfotms well.
But we need to be prepared. Hence joining your forum.
Rialto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #5532
Gary Ringrose

Hello everyone,
just recently bought a tidy 2007 Falcon BF ute here in England running on factory gas. A rare vehicle over here. Pleased with things so far. As i am new to the forum is there a dedicated falcon section or even a falcon bf ute section.been looking at a few bits on Aus e bay but it does not allow shipping to the UK.

regards Gary.
Gary Ringrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2018, 10:40 PM   #5533
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Ringrose View Post
Hello everyone,
just recently bought a tidy 2007 Falcon BF ute here in England running on factory gas. A rare vehicle over here. Pleased with things so far. As i am new to the forum is there a dedicated falcon section or even a falcon bf ute section.been looking at a few bits on Aus e bay but it does not allow shipping to the UK.

regards Gary.
Welcome to AFF Gary, there's three areas that will keep you busy for a while ...

LPG Forum.. https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Utes and Vans.. https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=75

AU to BF Falcons.. https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 07-08-2018, 12:30 AM   #5534
Sandy58
Starter Motor

Hi all,

I have recently added a beautiful 1958 Ford Zephyr Mk2 to my stable of 3 classics, and so I joined your Forum to gain some info on my car. I am still trying to navigate around the site, but can't find where I can post a question. Having some trouble today with the gear linkages sticking (original 3 on the tree), and got expert at freeing them before the traffic lights changed to green). Would love to know what is compatible to convert to a floor change so I don't have to take a Valium before I go for a spin. My neighbourhood already think I am the crazy woman with all the cars
Cheers
Sandy58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #5535
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy58 View Post
Hi all,

I have recently added a beautiful 1958 Ford Zephyr Mk2 to my stable of 3 classics, and so I joined your Forum to gain some info on my car. I am still trying to navigate around the site, but can't find where I can post a question. Having some trouble today with the gear linkages sticking (original 3 on the tree), and got expert at freeing them before the traffic lights changed to green). Would love to know what is compatible to convert to a floor change so I don't have to take a Valium before I go for a spin. My neighbourhood already think I am the crazy woman with all the cars
Cheers
Hi and welcome to AFF Sandy.

Unfortunately larger English Fords aren't well catered for here, perhaps if you asked in The Pub forum someone would be able to help.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:55 AM   #5536
hendo1987
Starter Motor

Hi, I recently purchased a 2015 FGX XR6T, not planning to go crazy with mods as I need to tow with it on the odd occasion, will post a pic later when I can remember my photo bucket password.
hendo1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #5537
mick073
Starter Motor

Hi all ,
Recently purchased a bf xr8 magnet, was really good for a few weeks then abs and traction light started coming on . Put scan tool on and said left rear wheel speed sensor so replaced it and worked for few hours and came back on with same fault , now only goes out when car is turned off then comes back on after a few seconds of driving .. anyone got any ideas?? It’s got me stumped
Thanks

Also when the abs and traction light is on the auto gearbox plays up won’t change gear properly
mick073 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2018, 09:34 PM   #5538
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick073 View Post
Hi all ,
Recently purchased a bf xr8 magnet, was really good for a few weeks then abs and traction light started coming on . Put scan tool on and said left rear wheel speed sensor so replaced it and worked for few hours and came back on with same fault , now only goes out when car is turned off then comes back on after a few seconds of driving .. anyone got any ideas?? It’s got me stumped
Thanks

Also when the abs and traction light is on the auto gearbox plays up won’t change gear properly
Have a look in the AU to BF Forums and try the 'Search this Forum' function in the top right corner of the page.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 11-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #5539
Ansimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick073 View Post
Hi all ,
Thanks

Miss matched tyre sizes?
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2018, 03:17 PM   #5540
mick073
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansimp View Post
Miss matched tyre sizes?
just put new tyres all round still the same
mick073 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #5541
chris043
Former racer

Hi...just purchased a 2017 Ford Escape Trend 2 litre turbo AWD in Ruby red with around 13,000km. Apparently it was formerly a Ford Company car in Melbourne.
After I got it home I discovered it had the $1,300 Technology pack which neither myself or the sales staff were aware of so that was an added bonus.
I traded a 2014 Renault Clio RS200 turbo hot hatch pocket rocket which I loved but no longer made sense as I am now in my mid seventies and needed to slow down a bit but in saying that the Escape is no slouch ether.
We intend doing a drive around Australia and this SUV is more suited especially for a bit off light off road work.
Looking forward to discussions here...
chris043 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #5542
byknut69
Starter Motor

G’day

New to the forum, I thought I’d say hello.
First car I ever drove was my dads XD S pack 4 speed Monza red. Been pretty much a Falcon man ever since.
Currently own my late dads BF wagon LPG. I’ve since installed a premium sound system and am happy to let anyone know that you can do it all yourself with an OBDII connector and a laptop with FORScan. FORScan is free and OBDLink is cheap. Way cheaper that taking to a Ford dealer and you can play around with it!
I’m open to suggestions on how to make the ambient temp work and is there an LED in the clock? It doesn’t light with the dash lights are on. I’ve installed the mirror and door loom only to find the two wires aren’t in the car loom. I’m happy to run them but where to? I think it’s plug C on the climate mixer but not sure if it can be plugged into the poverty pack single zone mixer. If I have to pull the dash to install a duel zone, I’m not that eager to have the outside temp showing.

Enough rant.

Cheers
Craig
byknut69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2018, 01:46 PM   #5543
75Landau

Hi, am currently working on a 75 Landau, which I thought was bad until I looked around here and saw what one bloke is rebuilding, mine only needs the std rust repairs and some panel beating skills to straighten out the rear quarters.
Hoping to get some ideas and advice from here, being a diesel mechanic I pretty much have the mechanical sorted but am pretty much putting myself through a panel beaters apprentice ship thanks to youtube,
Also have a xb window less panelvan in the shed which needs a paint job, but I decided the coupe was more important/valuable.
75Landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #5544
xan
Starter Motor

what up,

i like falcons a lot, so much so that i bought a commodore.

that's about it
xan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #5545
alexthefishking
Starter Motor

New to the forum, so thought I'd post.

Hi all,

I didn't even know how to hold a ratchet a few months ago, but decided it was time to learn. Brought and old AU2 and started restoring it, got it roadworthy and now drive it around. Lots of fun, but being part of this forum will hopefully help me get it in even better shape.
alexthefishking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2018, 11:15 PM   #5546
eZZaKaT
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Been reading a bunch on here each night since I joined, mainly project car and build threads. Love all the work people do on their rides and it has been inspiring.

My ride is a 2004 SX Territory Ghia I bought needing a little work in the usual places for 161k. Happy to say it is in much better shape now. Still some work to do but mostly cosmetic and small mods now. Focus is getting her ready for a trip to Queensland next month with family.

Thought about a thread for her, a slow going one at that, will see.

Eric
eZZaKaT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #5547
63 XL Falcon
Starter Motor

Just invested in an original XL Falcon. Has 170 auto, 70,000 Miles, original pre delivery plastic on the seats. all original untouched. Been stored for last 20 years plus. plan on bring back to concorse condition if I can. Here to look for support and information to get me there. Thanks Proc.....tried to add pics from my desktop but it wants a URL. not sure how to do that
63 XL Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #5548
BEETLE 55
Starter Motor

G'day All,
It's been a while since I have visited the Form Forum. I was on here a couple of days ago, looking on how to remove the interior door trim to replace the internal door handle that broke. got the info and all is good with the 2009 Falcon XT.
BEETLE 55 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2018, 07:52 AM   #5549
Redsac78
Starter Motor

Hi everyone bloody virgin at this forum stuff
Im on what feels like my 10000th ford but my first au
(Was never keen on the "friend" that always had to be looked after ) in saying that i have loved the te50 series3 as one of the toughest looking modern falcons
After various cheap e series and ba's i come across a au that has got me curious interested and bloody stumped
The car in question is a 2001 july build c2r it has the build plate with build number 0033 c2r stencil on the bonnet heat mat a chrome c2r badge on the passenger side boot lid next to the plate c2r dash and on the front head rests
The car has the havoc grill i think its called but where it starts to confuse the **** out of me is both front gaurds have xr6 badges with tickford wings above (located above side indicators ) the boot has the fairmont garnish also the bonnet and then just to confuse me more the lower body stripes have gta (ba xr6 style) on the rear part of the rear doors and also a gta sticker on the boot opposite side to the chrome c2r badge ..... can anyone please shed some light
Cheers Matty
Redsac78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #5550
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsac78 View Post
Hi everyone bloody virgin at this forum stuff
Im on what feels like my 10000th ford but my first au
(Was never keen on the "friend" that always had to be looked after ) in saying that i have loved the te50 series3 as one of the toughest looking modern falcons
After various cheap e series and ba's i come across a au that has got me curious interested and bloody stumped
The car in question is a 2001 july build c2r it has the build plate with build number 0033 c2r stencil on the bonnet heat mat a chrome c2r badge on the passenger side boot lid next to the plate c2r dash and on the front head rests
The car has the havoc grill i think its called but where it starts to confuse the **** out of me is both front gaurds have xr6 badges with tickford wings above (located above side indicators ) the boot has the fairmont garnish also the bonnet and then just to confuse me more the lower body stripes have gta (ba xr6 style) on the rear part of the rear doors and also a gta sticker on the boot opposite side to the chrome c2r badge ..... can anyone please shed some light
Cheers Matty
Welcome to AFF Matty. Head over to the AU Falcon.com or the AU to BF Falcon threads and pose the question in one of those, someone will be sure to work that out for you.

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=241

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30