Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #31
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Here ya go wayne, just for you ;)

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Old 20-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #32
XRated
Shoot.

"I'm excited!"

20V Turbo

Old 20-08-2006, 09:29 PM   #33
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Looking awesome, fantastic work!

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 20-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #34
reded
ThUmPeR

looks sweet man. thats exactly what i want done to my bonet.
were would i but just the scoop for my ED Falcon coz it looks sexy!!
thnx
BIG MTX sterio
OTHER:
2.5" exuast, Pacemaker extractors
K&N Flat pannel
20" Gianna wheels
Dropped on Pedders
BA Bonnet bulge
clear indicators all round
Full EL Ghia interior
Old 20-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #35
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reded
looks sweet man. thats exactly what i want done to my bonet.
were would i but just the scoop for my ED Falcon coz it looks sexy!!
thnx

AWC sells fibrglass bulges, not sure how much they charge but i'm betting it'd be cheaper and easier than doing it my way :P

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Old 20-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #36
Junkz0r

dude the effort you're putting in to that will surely provide some satisfaction. Lookin really good there.
Old 20-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #37
EFFANATIC
Banned

That car is looking wild mate, insparational stuff thats for sure.
Old 20-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #38
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

could you please tell me the specs on those rims (price, where u got them, size). i recon the look really good.

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Old 20-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #39
Kaddis
Kaddis Customs

there are Bonspeed "Clutch" wheels awsome looking wheels but very expensive!
Old 20-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #40
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

that looks friken awesome man! can't wait to c it painted!

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 21-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #41
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick EB
could you please tell me the specs on those rims (price, where u got them, size). i recon the look really good.
Were abouts in melbourne are you located?? I got the rims ordered through tyres plus in berwick, took about 3-4 weeks to arrive if i remember correctly.

As has been said, they are are called Bonspeed clutch's, here's a better pic

They offer them from 18" - 24" diameter, 7" wide to whatever you want, whatever offset you want, curved or flat face and also they can customize the depth of the dish for what your after. My ones in particular are 18 x 8's, are flat faced and full dish. For mine, i paid just over $3000 for the rims and $700 for tyres. Definately worth every cent....

Old 21-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #42
reded
ThUmPeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
AWC sells fibrglass bulges, not sure how much they charge but i'm betting it'd be cheaper and easier than doing it my way :P
oh ok thanks for the hint.
cars lookin really good man keep up to good work!
really got me wantin a new bonnet now :p

cheers
BIG MTX sterio
OTHER:
2.5" exuast, Pacemaker extractors
K&N Flat pannel
20" Gianna wheels
Dropped on Pedders
BA Bonnet bulge
clear indicators all round
Full EL Ghia interior
Old 22-08-2006, 12:34 AM   #43
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Hey, good to see your car is "FINALLY" coming to a close. I cant remember the last time i actually saw it driving.

Good Luck with it Steve.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 22-08-2006, 04:32 AM   #44
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

I was actually looking back on my previous progress threads which really gave me a reality check on how long it's taken me. The debut thread on this project was in january 2005 :/ It's also more amusing reading about all the ETA's i had set myself, according to one of the threads i think this was meant to be finished by september 2005 :P Hopefully this thread wont be looked back on the same way lol j/k

Anyways, today i got up around 2pm (i do work night shift so gimme a break :P)and straight away got stuck into sanding non stop till around 9pm (did not even stop to eat). This will be the drill every single day until the car is done. My fingers tips have become very smooth in the last few weeks from so much sanding, but i'm sure that the end result will be worth it all in the end

Last edited by Rmyers; 22-08-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old 22-08-2006, 05:11 AM   #45
5L
[ 5L ]

i know it is an ea and all (and a tough one at that), but i noticed that you have primed the ea c-pillars do you prefer these to the smooth eb-ed ones and are you keeping the taillights and garnish both ea or changing over to eb-ed
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 22-08-2006, 05:17 AM   #46
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Yes i will be keeping the EA c pillars and taillights/garnish. I simply prefer the look of them. It also keeps that little bit of heritage on the car, lets people know that it's an EA

Old 22-08-2006, 01:20 PM   #47
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Anyways, today i got up around 2pm (i do work night shift so gimme a break :P)and straight away got stuck into sanding non stop till around 9pm (did not even stop to eat). This will be the drill every single day until the car is done. My fingers tips have become very smooth in the last few weeks from so much sanding, but i'm sure that the end result will be worth it all in the end
At least you'll be able to rob a bank :

20V Turbo

Old 31-08-2006, 05:14 AM   #48
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Alrighty then, thought i'd give another update so everyone knows were i'm at...

Well the last stage of prep work has proved to be the most time consuming work i've performed on the car to date. In an effort to not repeat the same mistakes i performed when first sanding the car, i've spent the last week sanding the door jams as good as humanly possible. But in doing so, it has taken me a whole bloody week to sand only the left hand side door jams. Collectively it has taken around 17hours of my life, but the results are far better then how it was previously.

Now i can tell you from first hand experience that the door jams are the absolute hardest and most time consuming things to sand, so getting them out of the way is my first priority. After them, it gets alot easier and quicker, but i'd still rather not give any estimates on when she'll be done.

Apart from that, i have sanded the bottom door attachments for the body kit, and have sanded my door handles. Might not seem like much progress, but i really am trying not to rush it this time around.

Anyways, i'm going back to the garage and starting the right hand side door jams, and yes i am aware of the time :P

Old 31-08-2006, 05:23 AM   #49
Psycho Chicken
Banned

The time? You know you're up too late when Steve gets off MSN.....
Old 31-08-2006, 08:40 AM   #50
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why so much time on the door jams? No one sees them when the doors are shut!
Old 31-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #51
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Dan his car is going to be soooo fast he will blow the doors off, so it has to look good! :P
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 31-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #52
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Because we did the door jams quickly before and my boss (my mate who's helping me with the prep :P) wasn't happy with them, so he reprimed them and now i haveto do them again but with alot more care :P Hence why it's taking so long.

Today i started sanding the other side and am quite pleased that this side is taking alot less time. Seems that this side the origional prep job was ok and therefore not much re-priming has taken place. Might even be able to get most of it done today

Old 10-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #53
BBB DRAGZ
Starter Motor

any updates steven?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:21 AM   #54
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Finished the door Jams finally. Missed a few days tho due to the shitty weather. I've started sanding the front bar, but if it turns out to be a good day tomorrow then i'll take the opportunity to sand back the boot jam.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:18 AM   #55
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

if ya need a hand with the car steve, i'll accept turbo blades as payment ..
Old 20-09-2006, 03:57 AM   #56
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
if ya need a hand with the car steve, i'll accept turbo blades as payment ..
You can have my old ones, $250, cheap cheap!!!! :P

OK guys and girls, were getting very close now. Spent the last 10 or so days sanding the outside of the car, and i'm happy to say that she's almost fully prepped. I'm also very happy at how the prep work came up this time around, MUCH better than what we had done last time (I seem to be getting the hang of it now ). All that i need to do now is finish off the bootlid (which i started yesterday but stopped due to the stupid weather), and also prep the bumpers, side skirts and bonnet.

I did start sanding the bumpers the other day, but unfortunately the primer doesn't seem to be adhering to the kit very well, so we are going to haveto sand it all back to bare (i should get Wilson to do this, he's an expert at sanding through primer :P j/k) and use some plastic primer first, then hi-fill it again. The bonnet still needs a little work aswell, but after that, it's a case of cleaning the car up and she'll be ready for paint!!!

Now that the end of this project is near, i can't help but feel a massive burden starting to lift itself of my shoulders (yes i know i still have a fair way to go). A few months ago i could never really picture the end result, so i had nothing to look forward to. But all that has changed in the last few weeks, as i'm actually looking forward to a finished car, rather than looking at all the work ahead of me

Old 20-09-2006, 04:09 AM   #57
5L
[ 5L ]

i want to see it in silver with the kit and the bonspeed clutch's it will be a mean looking combination
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 20-09-2006, 08:42 PM   #58
galapogos01
eec tweaker

keep the progress coming steve. ill be back on the road in 3 weeks, ill need someone to cruise with (well, cruise way behind)...!
Old 04-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #59
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Okie dokie, some more progress updates.

We've sanded all the origional primer off the bodykit (took us about 3 half arsed days). The bonnet has also been worked on and is about 95% finished, but hadto stop as we ran out of bodyfiller on that day :P. Problem now is that i have nothing left to do until i get the aircompressor back, and i really don't know when that will be. The rest of the car is fully prepped as well as all the smaller bits and peices, so now it's just a matter of waiting.

I am confident the car will be back together by the glenmaggie camp, but i'm not entirely sure whether i'll take it or not. Would like to have a little while to actually drive her around to make sure she's 100%, as im not overly confident in taking her through the twisties of licola straight after she's put back together. We'll see anyway

Old 04-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #60
ORSMEB
Steve

Nice as! It'll be awesome when it's finally on the road! Lol!
Closed Thread