Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 24-12-2007, 01:44 AM   #241
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
PS: FordACE - Sorry it's not to your taste, perhaps it will grow on you. Your girlfriend had some interesting designs.
nah it's cool. I'm sure with time my pain will subside.

I was just keen on something a little different, no offence to your design. You have to be happy that everyone chose yours.
Old 24-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #242
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Congrats Mate........... you know i thought your logo was the best by a mile in the first place.

Your Ford Territory is going to look out of place with all us OZEcruisers...............lol

A Terry is always welcome :P Mmmmm Terry, We are considering getting one to replace the Cruiser ;)
Old 24-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #243
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Again, congrats Adrenaline, defiantly the best design IMO!
Old 24-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #244
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
A Terry is always welcome :P Mmmmm Terry, We are considering getting one to replace the Cruiser ;)
better get the snorkel option..
Old 24-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #245
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordACE
even though I do not agree with you, congratulations to Adrenaline on his win.
Ausrevs has a similar logo as your gf made up

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 24-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #246
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Ausrevs has a similar logo as your gf made up

how is that similiar?
Old 24-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #247
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
how is that similiar?
If you cant see it there is no use telling you : I did say similar not the same..................

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 24-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #248
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
If you cant see it there is no use telling you : I did say similar not the same..................
but...how is the logo that was 'picked' different from all the other generic logos out there? Do you want me to fill this thread with logos from other people too? I just don't see the similiarities to the ausrevs logo. One has a tacho as an addition to the wording, the one that my gf did has an E that is accentuated to look "somewhat" like a tacho, not to stand out like dogs balls.
Old 25-12-2007, 02:57 AM   #249
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
I prefer number 3 that my girlfriend had done. Not trying to be biased, but I hate boring logos.
Quote:
A bit of thought should be put into logos, and not just text with a bit of underline.
Quote:
but...how is the logo that was 'picked' different from all the other generic logos out there?
Forgive me if I sound aggressive, but I strongly disagree that the winning logo is generic compared to your girlfriend's. I also don't appreciate being accused of putting no thought into my designs. Explain how HER logos are different from all the other generic logos out there. Please explain how this is so unique:

Are you seriously trying to say that her logo above is NOT generic? It doesn't even look like a logo. It's just text with a pronounced 'E', which itself (in some of her designs) has been mistaken by multiple members for a 'C'. It does not feature any form of tag line to identify the fact that it is a Ford Falcon car club. It has no OzECruisers website reference. How is it not completely generic?

Sorry if I sound biased, but I don't believe the winning design is generic compared to your girlfriend's designs. At all. I invested a lot of time into perfecting the design, whereas (no offense), I could whip up a design much like the one above in a matter of minutes.

Again, forgive me if I have come across as aggressive - I'm only telling you what's on my mind
Old 25-12-2007, 03:25 AM   #250
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
Forgive me if I sound aggressive, but I strongly disagree that the winning logo is generic compared to your girlfriend's. I also don't appreciate being accused of putting no thought into my designs. Explain how HER logos are different from all the other generic logos out there. Please explain how this is so unique:

Are you seriously trying to say that her logo above is NOT generic? It doesn't even look like a logo. It's just text with a pronounced 'E', which itself (in some of her designs) has been mistaken by multiple members for a 'C'. It does not feature any form of tag line to identify the fact that it is a Ford Falcon car club. It has no OzECruisers website reference. How is it not completely generic?

Sorry if I sound biased, but I don't believe the winning design is generic compared to your girlfriend's designs. At all. I invested a lot of time into perfecting the design, whereas (no offense), I could whip up a design much like the one above in a matter of minutes.

Again, forgive me if I have come across as aggressive - I'm only telling you what's on my mind
my thought exactly. it's called sour grapes.i definately saw ozccruisers in 3 of the losing designs.( no malice intended or implied for legal reasons,lol.).
:
Old 25-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #251
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

MERRY CHRISTMAS :

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 25-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #252
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

How about you grow up mate - your not a designer - you have no design skills. Yours is no different to any other 'car club' crap. I could whip yours up in 2 seconds - you grabbed a font, grabbed the arrow tool, dragged a couple of points out to extend them and then circled it. Don't tell me that took any effort or thought. I can do that. If I knew thats what was wanted done - easy done. The reason there was no tagline or .com.au added was because its a logo, thats all the guidelines asked for and was left open for that to be added at anytime thereafter.

Tell me how yours is anything special? My boyfriend was only asking how exactly yours was so special and why mine was so similar to the Ausrevs logo? It used the element of a tacho but in no way shape or form is it even remotely 'similar'. Its not about not having won its just how you all carry on - the reason you won is cause you posted your logo so many times. How would anyone else have a chance. To me, that just made you look desperate.
- FordACE's girlfriend

Quote:

Old 25-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #253
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
How about you grow up mate - your not a designer - you have no design skills. Yours is no different to any other 'car club' crap. I could whip yours up in 2 seconds - you grabbed a font, grabbed the arrow tool, dragged a couple of points out to extend them and then circled it. Don't tell me that took any effort or thought. I can do that. If I knew thats what was wanted done - easy done. The reason there was no tagline or .com.au added was because its a logo, thats all the guidelines asked for and was left open for that to be added at anytime thereafter.

Tell me how yours is anything special? My boyfriend was only asking how exactly yours was so special and why mine was so similar to the Ausrevs logo? It used the element of a tacho but in no way shape or form is it even remotely 'similar'. Its not about not having won its just how you all carry on - the reason you won is cause you posted your logo so many times. How would anyone else have a chance. To me, that just made you look desperate.
- FordACE's girlfriend
ease up girly.... it's all over now anyway.... btw it's YOU'RE not a designer, not your!
:
Old 25-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #254
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

With the design having been chosen, it is disappointing that this thread has deteriorated the way it has.
For my 2c worth, there were a fair number of designs that I would personally have been quite happy with.
The club members are the ones that chose the design, and it is appropriate that we thank ALL entrants for their submissions.
Closed Thread