Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-01-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default trimming

For all your trimming needs visit www.mitch_lx_trimmings.com ;)
:P
As i posted in the older less cool fiesta forum i trimmed my interior grab handle things in leather.
U can pick up an off cut very cheaply and even an amateur like myself can do a pro looking job!
ill post some pics up in a couple days.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yeah I'd be interested to see, I'm looking at trimming some interior pieces myself.

Pictures are good, I'm trying to work out where you mean you trimmed. Are these part of the door, or the handles on the roof?

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default trimming

Thats what i trimmed.. i took off the cover and took out the whole handle (comes out when you undo the two star shaped screw things!! :P)
trimmed up the handle. there was some overhanging leather so i glued that down at the edges to make the entire thing look smooth.. its really hard to explain but in about an hour a mate is comming over and he is gona take pics of it so ill have pics up by tonight hopefully.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:33 PM   #4
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

I want them seats!!
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Well where are the pics of your car !

Chris
Old 08-01-2005, 02:21 AM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Talking Trimming

Well i finally got a pic of what i trimmed, hard to see because its fairly dark, thanks for fordel for uploading the pics for me :P

http://members.optusnet.com.au/cschoppe/2.jpg

and a nice pic of my car after i just spent 7 hours washing it, polishing it, waxing it, cleaning EVERYTHING inside, degreasing the engine bay etc :|

http://members.optusnet.com.au/cschoppe/4.jpg

tell me what you think of the trimming :P tis okay for a first timer.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:39 PM   #7
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

It looks good, subtle and fits in with the cars interior! Congratulations!

Always good to see a nice clean car - my poor Focus is dying for a good detailing.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post