Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-02-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Default Mk6 Stall on Startup

So. ok the car has close to 12,000km on it and now sometimes it stalls on start up. I dont know what it is, it just fails to reach idle rpm.

Its almost like a carb engine when it is cold. I need to help it with throttle.

So do I just need a reflash of the ecu? Or is it something else? Anyone else experienced this?
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

According to Mitch he just had his flashed and fixed his stalling issues, so might be worth a shot

Chris
Old 23-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

ive had that problem a couple times. to tell you the truth I was at fault for this particular problem, when i turned the key i didnt leave it engaged for long enough and it simply didnt have enough spark or whatever to start the engine
if you start getting problems with stalling when under throttle or driving then get ur comp reflashed
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:41 AM   #4
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

I had this exact same problem with my Focus over the last 4 weeks. Thought it might have been due to the hot days here in Perth and the fuel evaporating from the injectors and hence on the next start up, insufficient fuel instantaneously. But it starting happening on the cooler days, so thought must be something else.
Actually took it to Ford yesterday and i was in and out in about 1 hour, because there was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on the exact problem which saw the patch for start up which controlled timing and ignition bugger up, hence hard starting hard, but running fine after.
A reflash of the ECU and i was on my way.
Not a problem since.

Tom
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #5
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Thanks guys...might have to book it in at Ford Service.
Old 26-02-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Good luck with it

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

heat really affects these cars.
Ohh when its a hot day and ive got the aircon on a little bit my car is an absolute sack. its all jumpy and underpowered when aircon is on.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #8
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

I can't say the aircon makes that much of a difference to me...it does however suffer from heat soak. Placing the intake system above the engine may not have been the smartest move.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #9
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Run your own man....

Russ