Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-02-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Thumbs down MK6 Problems

Well since the second day i had my car a really eggy smell was comming in through the engine bay... and no it wasnt me :, and the paint on my bonnet looks like it had some sand on it before it was painted and now small rough sections are showing up on the bonnet.
i rung the dealership and explained the problems :
Going to get a call from the service dept tommorow :hihi:
Hopefully they will respray my bonnet and im hoping no major dramas develop regarding the egg smell.
One thing about the bonnet, my mum put a couple scratches in it when she put the garage door down onto my bonnet!!!!
Rekon they will still fix the bonnet even though it has a small amount of damage caused by mum?
might just have to be a :tosser1: to ford and make em fix it all for free because i filled out my survey and in it i explained how i was unhappy with the initial condition of the paintwork. the guy that sold me my car had my survey results with him when i called.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

why the hell did i post in here.. lol could someone please move to fiesta forum.
Old 20-02-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

moved as requested

chris
Old 21-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

thanks sux how noone responded :P
Old 21-02-2005, 11:34 PM   #5
WASACL
Phat-Euro

I'd be checking your deodorant again man! :P

Russ
Old 22-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lol i smell fine, i rung ford.
He said its either bad fuel or def something wrong with cat.
Old 22-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #7
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I had a smell problem when I first picked up the Focus but it was just a new pollen filter thing and soon went away.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #8
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

My cat sometimes smells when I drive the car hard and that comes into the cabin when the car is standing still. But beyond that I have not had any issues with smells.
Altho the engine does smell when it gets hot. All the crap should be gone. It has 12,000km now,
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2005, 10:17 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

you guys might be right, i might be overreacting a little, maybe its just because the car is still relatively new, 5500 kms on it, had it since october. going well
Old 24-02-2005, 08:37 AM   #10
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Yours is still a baby mitch. It just gets better from here!
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 04:14 PM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

haha how so ? :P
does the car retrim itself in leather or something? :P
Old 25-02-2005, 09:59 AM   #12
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Took it to ford today,
asked them to put up on hoist and just give a quick visual check to exhaust. instead my car dissapeared for 2 hours and came back with next to no fuel and 60 additional kms on it.
The guy then hoisted it up and hit the exhaust with his hand and lowered the car again.. quality service...
He then proceeded to brag to me how he only smelt the sulphur smell when he "thrashed my car"
I drove away a very ****ed off person.. im keen to lodge a complaint but dont know how to go about it.
Old 25-02-2005, 12:24 PM   #13
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Speak to the service manager as a start and then if you are not happy with that speaj to the dealer principal.

They shouldnt really be thrashingyour car no leaving you there for 2 hours, that is pretty poor IMO

I hope when i go back to ford *again* with the focus i finally get someone decent

Chris
Old 25-02-2005, 04:26 PM   #14
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yeah, see the people in the order Chris suggested. Tell them although you're young, you felt that you were left in the dark about the problem and that no solution was provided.

I am not sure if the two hours part is an exageration or not, but if it was gone for 2 hours, I'd be asking why. In the future, never let them take it for a drive without you in the vehicle if you are waiting.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #15
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Well i talked to the service manager, he was very upset at the treatment i was given :P and he said he will be having a serious word with a couple people in service dept.
I waited 1 and a half hours.. and the bit about the extra km's.. well they put about 12 extra on it, not 60 but im still ****ED that they drove my car without me in it and im extra ****ed that the guy mentioned how he "thrashed it"
The service manager was very nice, told me how in future to go to him and if theres any problems i want to show someone that he will come for a drive with me. so yeah problem solved but i gained nothing by going to ford to get the car checked out.