Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 17-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default My car is NOT a reverse marker

Coming out of the carpark today one of my mates was in his VL talking to a few of his mates. I was driving out to get home when he started reversing, Before I knew it he was up the backside on my car causing considerable damage.

He has promised to pay to get everything fixed but it's the time the car will be off the road im worried about. I took some quick shots but the quality is very low.

What this pictures don't show is the amount that the panel has been dented. At the rear I no have 2 dent about 5cmx7cm in size with sctatches in the centre. The fender has a nice deep indent about 2-3cm deep that travel a fair bit down and the bumper has it's basic shape but does not line up.

Anyone know a rough cost? I'll also try to get better photos very soon.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
Kryton

bad luck with that. id say around 2k for the damage at a guess?
dont worry about how long your car is off the road......drive your mates and make him walk. thats what id be doing.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 08:54 PM   #3
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I had a Falcon run up the back of my Focus, did similar damage to the rear bar, cost me around 300 bucks to get it repaired properly. With the panel dented and scratched as well, I'd estimate about 500-700 bucks or so.

My car was off the road for about a week, but half of that was doing the whole bodykit.

My advice would be to be careful when finding a repair shop. If the guy isn't friendly now, he won't be friendly if you have any problems when you get your car back. Also ask to see cars leaving his panelbeater shop to see the quality of the work.

And last of all - All EuroFordClub members were under strict instructions not to have any more accidents!! :togo: :gren:

Sucks that it's happened mate, all the best with getting it repaired.

Tim

New club motto:

Eurofordclub - Because everybody needs something to run into! :monkes:

Last edited by Timmeh; 17-03-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

is that the original accident that happened a few weeks ago?? or is this a new one :S
real bad luck :(

you think driving a red car you would be seen by others. just shows there are some blind twats out there
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 09:15 PM   #5
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a new one. Happened today at around 3:30.

I'll hopefully be going down to repairs to get some quotes tomorrow.
Old 17-03-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

That sucks. I assume you got the guys rego, phone numbers and address details? Should also get his licence number.
Old 17-03-2005, 10:58 PM   #7
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
That sucks. I assume you got the guys rego, phone numbers and address details? Should also get his licence number.
read the original post. it was his mate in a VL. he has agreed to pay for it all.
Old 18-03-2005, 08:44 AM   #8
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

well at least its one positive that the damage is in the area where it was damaged before and still not repaired. its kind of a blessing in disguise actualy when you consider it because the person that scratched your car in the first place never left you any contact details so that means you would of had to pay for it.. now this just means your mate pays for it
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #9
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to get quotes today and it will cost about 1g to get it fixed. Im going to get a much more detailed quote on tuesday.
Old 18-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
read the original post. it was his mate in a VL. he has agreed to pay for it all.
Oh, forgive me for making a little mistake.:
Old 18-03-2005, 07:31 PM   #11
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Oh, forgive me for making a little mistake.:
yeah and i didnt mean it like that either. maybe i type too agressive? :Reverend:
Old 18-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ah, its always difficult to tell on here. In that case, take away the ::
Old 19-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #13
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have emailed a few companies about bodykits and if will ask the company to cost of fitting it when I get a quote on tuesday.

If it isn't too expensive I will get a bodykit out of this experience. Im looking at the MS Design and Stoffler kits
Old 20-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #14
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yeah it's good to try to take something positive out of a bad experience. Let us know how you go.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post