Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #211
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Under Australian consumer guidelines they should have to prove that the tune is what caused it and not a manufacturing fault, but it would still be a headache. Would be awesome to have the torque limiter removed from 1st and second though
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #212
cainen

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Under Australian consumer guidelines they should have to prove that the tune is what caused it and not a manufacturing fault, but it would still be a headache. Would be awesome to have the torque limiter removed from 1st and second though
Correct. Not sure how I would prove it if it came to that though. They have a few more resources than I do.

The extra power/torque is pretty crazy, but not without its faults. There does seem to be some kind of limiter which seems to kick in around 2500rpm causing a hesitation in power. It only seems to happen at about 80% throttle though. Driving around normally I don't notice it, likewise at full throttle.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #213
aratic

Just uninstall it when going Into the dealer. there is a very small chance of a major enough issue for them to analyse the ecu further.

I didn't think Cobb had released a map for ADM fiestas?
Old 15-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #214
DreadlyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainen View Post
After driving around in the Sydney rains today does anyone else find the automatic wipers crap? Sometimes they're ok but at other times seem to either wait forever before wiping away the rain or unnecessarily go at full bore. Is there any way of adjusting them?
On the wiper stalk there is a roller adjustment which will adjust the sensitivity.
I find the automatic features very handy in this car. Except for hill start assist, but that's easy turn off! There seems to be alot of owners that whinge about very trivial things on these cars. 1 person questioned "noises" and when quized on his noises, found that his noise was the whistle of the intake. All petrol turbos make that noise!!
The digital radio thing that someone else is going on about, the FiST has digital, next time you have it on FM, press the button on the bottom right of the deck and it displays the artist and track title, that's what digital radio is!!
Did you buy the car for it's gagets and electronics?? I bought mine for big power in a small car, and that's exactly what I got. So shut up your moning and go have a drive!!
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #215
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadlyST View Post
On the wiper stalk there is a roller adjustment which will adjust the sensitivity.
I find the automatic features very handy in this car. Except for hill start assist, but that's easy turn off! There seems to be alot of owners that whinge about very trivial things on these cars. 1 person questioned "noises" and when quized on his noises, found that his noise was the whistle of the intake. All petrol turbos make that noise!!
The digital radio thing that someone else is going on about, the FiST has digital, next time you have it on FM, press the button on the bottom right of the deck and it displays the artist and track title, that's what digital radio is!!
Did you buy the car for it's gagets and electronics?? I bought mine for big power in a small car, and that's exactly what I got. So shut up your moning and go have a drive!!
Well said... I've bought mine to replace my poor old mk2 golf gti... a light, reasonably powered go kart with no aircon, no heater, no power windows, a tractor gearbox and no stereo - the best commuter car I've ever had.

The extra things are just a bonus to the exceptionally well developed chassis and power plant...

BUT consider this, if people are resorting to picking nits - it must be a good product.
Old 15-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #216
Pursya

I dunno. A noise when the turbo activates, well how much of an inconvenience is that?
I had a Eunos 800M supercharged 2.3 ltr. And the supercharger noise always gave me a semi hard on.
Maybe it's just me.......
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #217
Riklink
Starter Motor

Easy guys

Calm down

I was the one asking about the noises coming from the turbo ( having never owned a turbo )

At no point was I moaning. In fact I clearly stated that the ST is the best car I have ever owned.

I thought the point of this forum was to get answers to our questions????
Riklink is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #218
Pursya

Apologies.
I misread the thread.
Old 16-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #219
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklink View Post
Easy guys

Calm down

I was the one asking about the noises coming from the turbo ( having never owned a turbo )

At no point was I moaning. In fact I clearly stated that the ST is the best car I have ever owned.

I thought the point of this forum was to get answers to our questions????
Embrace the turbo woosh and wear the turbo smile.
Old 16-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #220
ZiggythePiggy
Starter Motor

Look, it is quite simple. I would say every person on this thread got the ST for its drive, first and foremost. The same gadgets can be had in a lesser Fiesta, or in other marques. They are the fruit, a bonus to make the drive even more enjoyable.

In saying that, why would we not question if the fruit is working properly? That is the exact purpose of this thread. After all, people find these features very handy.

Now digital radio is not track information (which is RDS), the manual clearly explains DAB+ compatibility, a different beast with different stations and different quality. Again, it is fruit, but if it should be there then I want it to work. Even if I never use it.
ZiggythePiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2014, 01:09 AM   #221
Skramit

The DAB radio is not implemented in our version. Just like the auto windows down by holding the unlock button on the remote. We miss out on some features available in other countries. Meh.
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2014, 01:50 AM   #222
ZiggythePiggy
Starter Motor

Thanks Skramit. All said and done, I am pretty happy generally with the Australian feature list. Shame Ford couldn't have the manual say what is actually included to avoid the confusion.
Old 16-02-2014, 02:01 AM   #223
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggythePiggy View Post
Thanks Skramit. All said and done, I am pretty happy generally with the Australian feature list. Shame Ford couldn't have the manual say what is actually included to avoid the confusion.
You want them to go through the immense expense of having the line "*not available in all markets" to every book?

You're a MAD MAN!
Old 16-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #224
ZiggythePiggy
Starter Motor

No, they can just delete what isn't applicable. It is just a book made from some electronic document somewhere, supposedly for an Australian ST.

And while they are at it they can get a fuse diagram that actually matches what we have, you know in case we have to replace a fuse.

Or they could just give us a manual to a Territory to save costs.
Old 16-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #225
Skramit

Basically we got the manual for the EU built ST. I agree it'd be nice to know what's included but didn't take long to work out :p No big deal.
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #226
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

COB Tomorrow, not long now
Old 18-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #227
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Wanna know what your ST doesnt have. Have a look at etis. It will tell you what it doesnt havem
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #228
daveym
Starter Motor

Did anyone ever find the missing 2 speakers?
daveym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #229
daveym
Starter Motor

Who else likes setting cruise control at 80ks and going through roundabouts without touching the brake pedal and feeling that amazing grip? I have never noticed as much in the past as i do now how everyone else puts their brakes on 50 meters before a round about when it is painfully obvious there is no one else entering the round about. It must be pretty boring not experiencing the rail like traction of the ST
Old 18-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #230
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveym View Post
Did anyone ever find the missing 2 speakers?
Even this isn't clear.

http://fiestast.net/threads/i-have-miss-2-speakers.352/
Old 18-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #231
daveym
Starter Motor

Ok thanks I guess that means there is a separate tweeter in the front speaker. Just thought along with other stuff that has been left out of the Aussie model, the extra 2 speakers may have been as well. I love my sound system.
Old 18-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #232
daveym
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Wanna know what your ST doesnt have. Have a look at etis. It will tell you what it doesnt havem

Look at what?
Old 18-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #233
cainen

Quote:
Who else likes setting cruise control at 80ks and going through roundabouts without touching the brake pedal and feeling that amazing grip? I have never noticed as much in the past as i do now how everyone else puts their brakes on 50 meters before a round about when it is painfully obvious there is no one else entering the round about. It must be pretty boring not experiencing the rail like traction of the ST
I know what you mean but I prefer to be full control e.g. going through roundabouts at 80 using the throttle
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2014, 11:18 PM   #234
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Look at what?
Pump your VIN into this search engine.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegS...3B6E.eccvas502

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #235
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Hooolyyy crap. The power just keeps going and going and going...
Old 19-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #236
clem0x

Those of you who don't have a VIN number to look at all the inclusions, I've put mine in to the website and pasted the info below,just excluded all the 'Less' or exclusions from the list so it doesnt look as big.

One thing I was looking for was the Isofix Hardpoint attachment which allows you to put babyseats

*Front Door Scuff Plate - ST
*With Glovebox Illumination
*Accessory Media Hub 1XUSB
*With Hill Launch Assist
*Brake System - Regenerative
*Niehl Plant Built
*ST Sales Badge
*Marketing Level 1
*(-) SVP
*For Tropical Temperature Zones
*With Rear Package Tray
*Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do
*With Fixed Rear Side Window
*With Tinted Glass All Round
*Standard Green Glass Windscreen
*Full Floor Console With Armrest
*Int Environment Clr-Charcoal Black
*Int Feat Colour - Charcoal Black
*Front Floor Mats - ST Logo
*Rear Floor Mats - ST
*With Sports Dark Headlining
*Drivers Visor Mir/Flap/Tick Pocket
*SunVisor-Pass/Mir/Flap/Tic Pocket
*With Prem Cloth Dr Trim Pnl Insert
*With Load Floor Carpet
*First Aid Retain Strap
*With W/Triangle. Retainer Straps
*Rocker Panel Moulding - Body Colour
*With Large Single Wing Rear Spoiler
*With Electrochromic R/View Mirror
*Dual Power Heated/Appr Lmp/Signal
*With Body Coloured Exterior Mirror
*With Driver Seat Back Map Pocket
*Passenger Seat Back Map Pocket
*With Front 2 Way Headrest
*With Fixed Rear Seat Cushion
*With Split Fold-Down Rear Seat
*With 2 Way Adjustable Rear Headrest
*With Rear Center Head Restraint
*Seat Back Material-Carpeted
*With Drvr/Passngr Seat Belt Minder
*With 2nd Row Folding Seat
*With Driver 4 Way Mnl.Seat Adjuster
*With Pass 4 Way Manual Seat Adjust
*Body Coloured Exterior Door Handle
*Body Coloured Tailgate Handle
*With Leather Gear Shift Knob
*With Door Dead Locks
*Keyfree System
*With Trans Linked Rr Washer/Wiper
*With Automatic Windscreen Wiper
*With Body*Coloured*Roof
*Front Bumper-B/Col Plastic + Grille
*Rr Bumper-B/Col Plastic + Grille
*Rear Bumper Beam
*Belt D & P Fr 1 & 2 Row/D Kne Bag
*Air Curtain Restrnt LH
*Air Curtain Restrnt RH
*Inflatable Knee Bolsters - Driver
*Retractable Rear Seat Belt-3Point
*With Driver Air Bag
*With Passenger Air Bag
*With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side
*With Side Air Bag - Passenger Side
*With Isofix Hard Point Attachment
*Fixed Front Seat Belt Mount
*Style 1 Tether Anchorage Restraint
*Seat Belt Pretensioners Drv/Pass
*With Mini Steel Spare Wheel
*Tyre Pressure Monitor Sys-DDS
*7 X 17" (Style 5) Alloy Wheel
*205/40 R17 84W Tyre
*With Standard Tyre Tread - Front
*With Standard Tyre Tread - Rear
*Any Brand Tyre Vendor
*Non Locking Lug Nuts
*Components Unique For Alloy Wheels
*Cold Start -25 Deg C
*Standard Electric Starter Motor
*Special Suspension
*With Front Stabilizer Bar
*With Dual Chrome Exhaust Extension
*Hand Brake Cover-Black
*With Mechanical Parking Brake
*With 4 Wheel Disc-Brake
*With Non Painted Brake Calipers
*Brakes-HLA/ESP/TC/ABS
*3.73/2.05/1.36/1.03/0.82/0.69
*With Premium Front Seats
*With Pollen Filter
*With Recirculating Heater
*For Unleaded Fuel
*With 95 Octane Level Petrol
*Fuel Tank Fill Neck-With Inhibiter
*Unique Met Finish Foot Pedals Pads
*With Electric Power Steering
*With Manual Tilt/Slide Stg Column
*Leather Wheel With Red Stitching
*With Speed Control
*With High Series Cluster
*With KMH Speedometer
*With Trip Computer
*Dual Note Electric Horn
*Outside Temp Thermometer
*MFD High TFT Screen
*Emergency Assistance
*With Perimeter Anti-Theft
*With Engine Immobilizer - Integral
*With Rear Parking Aid
*Standard Duty Battery
*With A/V Jack
*ICE-Mid Audio Branded
*Ice Feature Pack 8
*Highline ICE ICP
*4 Speakers Front/4 Speakers Rear
*With Media Gateway Module
*With Steering Wheel Radio Controls
*With Power Point Plug
*With Level 2 Headlamps
*DTRL Lamp Lit In Pos 0 And Pos
*With Front Fog Lamps No.2
*Interior Lighting-Ambient LED
*With Footwell Lights
*Header Mounted Courtesy/Maplights
*With Courtesy Light Delay
*With Rear Overhead Courtesy Lamp
*With Load Compartment Lamp
*Tail lamps - LED Rear
*With High Mounted Stop Lamp
*With Puddle Lamps
*With Manual Headlamp Levelling
*With Auto Headlamp Plus Wiper
clem0x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #237
clem0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Hooolyyy crap. The power just keeps going and going and going...
Damn, so jealous.. By the way which dealer did you get the ST from?
clem0x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #238
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem0x View Post
Damn, so jealous.. By the way which dealer did you get the ST from?
Bryan Byrt in Capalaba

I didn't know it had the electric rear view mirror, lost my **** when I saw it auto switch to stop blinding headlights.
Old 20-02-2014, 01:22 AM   #239
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Pickup in non-cruise gears is fantastic (1-2-3-4) and you can happily accelerate in any one of those gears and even in 5th on the highway.

Handling is superb, if you need a bit more turn in just get off the throttle and it appears..

Last edited by martinijosh; 20-02-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 20-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #240
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

And in sunlight. On my phone the colour looks correct, but on my computer it looks quite red.

Last edited by martinijosh; 20-02-2014 at 12:34 PM.