Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #121
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Yeah thanks
Vision Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #122
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Easy fit pod in there....remove airbox and snorkel, a small silocone pipe connected to a K&N pod and ur set!

Otherwise yes, extremely tight setup...

could try and adopt the GGR XR4 system to it.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #123
NJM586

If only the WQ fiesta had a easy set up like that we have a airbox the size
of a radiator speaking of which my air intake induction you name it the whole set up im getting ride of if anyone wants it let me know it includes silicone hose stainless steel pipe simota air filter induction pipe as well as the fog light bezal pm if you would like this and we can work out a price
NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #124
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJM586
If only the WQ fiesta had a easy set up like that we have a airbox the size
of a radiator speaking of which my air intake induction you name it the whole set up im getting ride of if anyone wants it let me know it includes silicone hose stainless steel pipe simota air filter induction pipe as well as the fog light bezal pm if you would like this and we can work out a price
Why you getting rid of it all mate?

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #125
NJM586

No reason really just don't want it anymore don't get me wrong i love the setup and it cost me an arm and a leg but time to move on i have another idea up my sleeve :Reverend: :Reverend:

So its gotta go
NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #126
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

I know its nothing really to do with air filters but for the sake of saving thread space:

I finally got the 2" Cat-Back exhaust i should have got when upgrading the muffler.

Got it done at Performance Exhaust in Ringwood (Melbourne/VIC), and from what i can tell the workmanship is great, plus it was only $140 which i thought was very reasonable.

Got a resonator put in about 10cm back from the cat-converter, as the guy there suggested it would be pretty loud without it.... he was spot on, as its pretty loud even with the resonator IN. :

Seat-of-pants-test says a possible increase in power (should be anyway with the pod as well), but maybe its just more responsive.
What i like though is the car feels more urgent and STRONGER across more of the revs, and doesn't run out of puff as much. Its gotta be better than stock, anyone with a stock WP or WQ (LX or ZETEC) have a look at the size of the pipnig... its tiny...

if anyone wants a sound clip, just say so, cos i cbf'd at the moment.

resonator to the right.

weld onto the Hi-Tech muffler i had on already (hence the rust)
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #127
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Nice work Zetec, I live 20mins from Ringwood!

A sound clip would be awesome if you could mate, cheers
Old 29-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #128
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Zetec
Yeah thanks
Hey Vision Zetec,

Here is the pic of the BMC CDA fitted to my 1.6L.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 29-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #129
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

That looks awesome Ben! Can't wait till I can try something on mine
Old 29-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #130
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

oooooh.... iz nice....i like....
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
Old 29-04-2009, 11:16 PM   #131
Ben85

Cool Thanx Vision and Zetec Jim, took some playing but got it how i like, effective, and neat!!

Old 30-04-2009, 12:07 AM   #132
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

out of interest, how did you fix the CDA in place? (and is it the small size one I.E. up to 1600cc?).

The fact thats its so neat is very nice. Can you still hear the induction whistle?
Old 30-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #133
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec jim
out of interest, how did you fix the CDA in place? (and is it the small size one I.E. up to 1600cc?).

The fact thats its so neat is very nice. Can you still hear the induction whistle?
Its held into place with some very well hidden cable ties (i know, i know), as there are no fixture points, it took awhile to find somewhere to anchor it too that couldnt be seen unless you stuck your head right in there. Yea its the small one, think its rated to 2000cc, but not 100% sure. Yea i really like the fact that it looks neat, because as you've seen in some other pics i've posted of my old set up, it was all over the place, not a nice look. As for noise, its not as noisey, but does let you kno its there when you punch it. But im comparing that to the Powertec Induction kit i had, which gaurantee's to have the most induction noise on the market. Overall its a really nice kit, and if you cant afford the $400 price tag, autobahn sell a Drift brand version for $200. Dunno about its quality tho.

Old 30-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #134
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

yeah, i saw that Drift one, think i'll stay away from it. you've got me thinking though.... maybe i will change my induction setup again.....FOR THE THIRD TIME! :
Old 30-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #135
Ben85

Quote:
yeah, i saw that Drift one, think i'll stay away from it. you've got me thinking though.... maybe i will change my induction setup again.....FOR THE THIRD TIME! :
Yea that was my third attempt aswell!!! LOL. But its all fun in the end.

Old 30-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #136
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

true that.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #137
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

not the best clip, just a quick one today. i'll try and get a rolling one tomorrow, as all exhausts sound different when actually driving.
haha... just watched it through.... disregard the end bit, thought i'd turned it off. :
Old 02-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #138
Ben85

Not too shabby mate. Sounds good to me. Mine makes a a slightly different note i think. Might have something to do with the fact i have a wrap around dual conversion.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #139
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

thanks mate, How does the wrap around look? Got a sound clip???

Last edited by zetec jim; 03-05-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #140
Ben85

Quote:
thanks mate, How does the wrap around look? Got a sound clip???
Heres how it looks mate, but i dont have any sound clips.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #141
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Looks good, I wonder how duals would look on the WS Zetec...
Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #142
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

good stuff. very clean look, love that colour!

might i suggest a next mod.... Covered rear wiper. Either from european-parts.net or could get one from Ford (old focus?)

I.E.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #143
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Still haven't got the side skirts on yet Jim?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #144
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

haha, nah! K.Rudd bonus may have to go to that. Gotta way up what i think is best bang for $ cos new sparks and leads and lowered springs are on the cards + already bought a new Green Cotton Twister enclosed filter (like BMC CDA)... :

Or maybe just the boring option and pay rego... :
Old 04-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #145
Ben85

Quote:
already bought a new Green Cotton Twister enclosed filter (like BMC CDA)... :

Where about are you going to fit that? Is the enclosure made from metal? Because if it is, its gonna get so hot if you put it where i put my BMC.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #146
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

yeah i know, its aluminium i think... gonna try and fit it where my pod is at the moment, near the battery. its smaller than my current setup, so hopefully it should fit...... then run ducting up over the manifold.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #147
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hahaha ben85 i know ware you live. ive driven past there so many times seeing your car on the lawn or ur sistsers hehehehe......im suprised u dont hear me .

Old 04-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #148
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
hahaha ben85 i know ware you live. ive driven past there so many times seeing your car on the lawn or ur sistsers hehehehe......im suprised u dont hear me .
Hahahaha. Yea mine and my sisters. LOL. Where abouts do you live to go past my place? Nah havent heard you or noticed you, i probably have been out the front when you go past.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #149
photn
AFF Post NAZI

used to live in fairfield and visit the grandparents in main liverpool so used to cut through there and take a short cut....currently living out near warragamba damm.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #150
Ben85

Ah fair enough. LOL. Its a small world sometimes.