Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #1
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Default Street Outlaws

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested, the television series Street Outlaws premiers 9:30pm Monday 22 May on 9GO in Sydney (I don’t know how that relates to other States).

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/street-outlaws/

http://www.streetoutlawsokc.com/

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #2
clevocortina

Default Re: Street Outlaws

Awesome!!

I used to stream it until a couple years ago when all free streaming seemed to come to an abrupt halt on the net. Soo glad it's made it to free to air tv.

You tube sucks with it. Small screen and very poor quality low definition
clevocortina is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love this show even if the racing and stories are fictionalised
They were on you tube before the show on big rob media and 1320 media
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Yeah good show, I hope other shows filter down with it like "Fast n Loud" or "The classic car show."

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boza View Post
They were on you tube before the show on big rob media and 1320 media
I watch this the other day - bloody classic - racing for pinks

This was way before Street Outlaws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uTlT8E4aD8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevocortina View Post

I used to stream it until a couple years ago when all free streaming seemed to come to an abrupt halt on the net. Soo glad it's made it to free to air tv.
Get on Kodi

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2017, 08:40 PM   #6
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Currently watching the current season and chuck has been number 1 for a few weeks now.

But what season is on go?
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #7
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I'm watching the current season as well but I think Go will be starting from season 1. I'd be surprised if they get more than a couple of seasons to start with. Look at Counting Cars, that show is over 5 yrs old pretty much like everything Go has that came from pay TV.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Sorry guys, reminded me of something like the Kardashians but with cars instead of handbags...
Old 23-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #9
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
Sorry guys, reminded me of something like the Kardashians but with cars instead of handbags...
Agreed- I do not like that American Cool which is so uncool-and again- jeez they can talk.

Also- something not sit right with a father who blows money on cars and delays mortgage payments or delays constructing house while wife/.kids live in a caravan. May just be a clickbait fluff for the episode, but if real- just wow.

And that yap poodle in the 10th truck needed something mashed in his mouth to shut him up- preferably not a bone.

Watching this- just made me think what could be if there was an Australian version- just more real, less talk and more realness working on engines, driving and run offs.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #10
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

I suppose you could watch this or all the other fluff on telly, like ACA or whatnot.

There is a lot of difference between these guys in real life and how they are portrayed on a TV show. They don't get a say in how the producers decide to make them look. For some insight into the two sides to a story have a listen to the Chief and Shawn show where they podcast and discuss what happens behind the scenes and other stuff.

I've been watching since series one and have watched the show and cars develop. As usual it becomes a nuclear arms race with cars being developed and money being thrown at them to stay competitive.

I quite like it, I can differentiate between how people are portrayed on TV and what they may be like in made for TV drama.

Good show, would rather watch it that most of the other garbage on telly.
Old 23-05-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently they still race on the street between filming. There are clips on youtube of them still doing street races and apparently even being busted have a look on the 1320media channel there stuff on them there.

And also they all have big dollars now cause they get paid to do no prep races at drag strips around the states and just apperances at car events as well.
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #12
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, I watch every episode for the entertainment. I love Chuck in the Mustang and the El Camino.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-05-2017, 10:07 PM   #13
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, but my first watch of this show, and it was just too contrived, bit like those towing shows where they repossess cars.
Nice cars but.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #14
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
I suppose you could watch this or all the other fluff on telly, like ACA or whatnot.
I'll take that other option. Not watching any garbage on tv.

Can't stand 'reality' tv of any sort. But then I'm one of those people who finds tv in general to be awful.

Had a tutor in uni who was a script writer for big brother, and a guy i work with now was on beauty and the geek. Enjoyed the experience, but all terribly contrived.

I think it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't sell it as real.

I guess it's like wrestling, but that's not my cup of tea either.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #15
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
I'll take that other option. Not watching any garbage on tv.

Can't stand 'reality' tv of any sort. But then I'm one of those people who finds tv in general to be awful.

Had a tutor in uni who was a script writer for big brother, and a guy i work with now was on beauty and the geek. Enjoyed the experience, but all terribly contrived.

I think it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't sell it as real.

I guess it's like wrestling, but that's not my cup of tea either.
In the first few series they did have stuff in there about evading police etc, which was set up for TV, but the reality is that these guys do street race away from the show.

Just last month the police arrested a street racer these guys were racing against and impounded his car.

So what they do is real. As for whether the racing is contrived, I seriously doubt that. No one those guys is going to do a WWF style race for the producers. They have massive egos and wouldn't throw a race

The latest series (S7) is getting much better, new producers, more racing. Less staged stuff.

I really enjoy it. Only TV show that I watch (Download)

Eventually the show will have a use by date but until then I am enjoying it a lot. And good on the guys from OKC, nice to see them having fun.