Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #61
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTp001
all this will do is start more car chases. If you new your car will be destroyed will you stop or run?
thats true. i wouldnt stop if i knew my car was gonna get crushed. hoons dont hurt anyone. im pretty sensible i dont speed etc. i do enjoy the odd drift and burnout like everyone but i concider myself 2 b quite sensible. and i have never been seen doing this. so who am i hurtin doin the odd one? it wont stop anyone after all if someone enjoys burnouts etc. they will do them wether they r allowed or not. its only costing them tyre. i think its wrong to destroy someones car for something so innocent...most burnouts and stuff. from my experiences with mates. nd jus in general its all done in an industrial area or a non built up area so they DONT get caught. noone is stupid enough too do it down a main street or even near houses.
the best thing for these 'hoons' if they are under 20 nd still under parents influence march them 2 thier parents i know my olds would go skitz if cops brought me home for doing burn outs etc.

daniel
danieleast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #62
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi
The problem with all these so-called solutions is that they are legislated by middle to old aged politicians, and enforced by a police force that these offenders see as an opponent, rather than an authority. Those coming up with this stuff are not even on the same wavelength of those they are targeting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
they should give you the chance to keep your car first. if you beat the cop in 2 out of three you get to keep the car. if you lose they crush it and bill you for the tyres they used in the burnout comp
Hmmmm, I don't usually quote myself, but......my point precisely
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #63
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Wow this thread is as good as the P plater one, and look, same ones harking up.

Some people are really good at jumping to conclusions. If anything like this was to happen, then im sure there would be some kind of prior conviction needed before crushing takes place; but in the case of severe first convictions then stuff them; kill the car.

The people/cars this kind of thing would target would be tossers who dont learn the first time. We all know them, you see them all the time. Just like the P plater thing, you only have something to worry about if you have guilt.

Your car will not be crushed because you accidentally spun a wheel etc get real people.

As for financing companies having a spit, I dont think so; your fault if you get done and you continue payments regardless if you have the car or not.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #64
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Oh also, just thought I would throw this in.

Its the "hoons" and "wanna-be's" who give people like us, enthusiasts who do the right thing, a bad name. So the sooner they are put in their place the better. Its these people that are being targeted that have made car life harder, and more expensive for everyone.

Its not fair, just how it is.

Im not saying "enthusiasts" are not hoons, well all give it a squirt, but the majority of us dont do it down the main street or a viewable public place.

Theres a time and a place for everything.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #65
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Police state here we come,

Fact is if governments were serious about speeding they would ban the sale of high performance cars,I am a petrol head through and through,but do I realy need a 300kw car????? Why do we all love high performance cars?????

Because they are bloody fast,we dont need them,we want them.
FORD3V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #66
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
The people/cars this kind of thing would target would be tossers who dont learn the first time. We all know them, you see them all the time. Just like the P plater thing, you only have something to worry about if you have guilt.
Not that I disagree with you mate, but you would also be willing to apply the same rules to the toss-off who gets caught doing 160 KM/H on a major expressway in his Turbo Territory on multiple occasions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD3V
Why do we all love high performance cars?????
Because they are bloody fast,we dont need them,we want them.
Speak for yourself mate.....if I don't get to the local train station in under 4 minutes life isn't worth living
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 12-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #67
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wow this thread is as good as the P plater one, and look, same ones harking up.

Some people are really good at jumping to conclusions. If anything like this was to happen, then im sure there would be some kind of prior conviction needed before crushing takes place; but in the case of severe first convictions then stuff them; kill the car.

Your car will not be crushed because you accidentally spun a wheel etc get real people.

As for financing companies having a spit, I dont think so; your fault if you get done and you continue payments regardless if you have the car or not.
exactly, couldn't have said it better.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #68
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi
Not that I disagree with you mate, but you would also be willing to apply the same rules to the toss-off who gets caught doing 160 KM/H on a major expressway in his Turbo Territory on multiple occasions?
Hmm dont know if my other post answered it, but yeah. If he/she is dumb enough to do that and be caught more than once then wtf are they doing.

Also, everyone again is quick to criticize; but what else can you do? There are alreayd plenty of laws going around and it doesn't seem to deter people.

Crushing is a bit of a waste, parting it out and selling bits to fund road trauma charities would be a better idea.

Imagine walking down the street and seeing someone driving your car that was auctioned, that would suck...LOL
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #69
danieleast
Chiller...

its not thier car 2 crush or sell. or anything.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #70
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieleast
its not thier car 2 crush or sell. or anything.
you are on their roads so u should abide by their rules. if tools continue to race time n time again, then stuff em
Old 12-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #71
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
you are on their roads so u should abide by their rules. if tools continue to race time n time again, then stuff em
yeah but if a bridge of thiers colapses...can we take that and crush it?

i am not sayin people who drive dangerous should b able 2 drive on the roads but if some one burys the boot down a main street the people goin 'what a ****a' is punishment 4 that lol.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #72
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

i am not sayin people who drive dangerous should b able 2 drive on the roads but if some one burys the boot down a main street the people goin 'what a ****a' is punishment 4 that lol.
lol

maybe they will wave a pinky finger at you
too
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #73
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
lol

maybe they will wave a pinky finger at you
too
haha aye. i jus think that crushing cars wont teach lessons. and its a bit extreme. and if the police can honestly say they have never done anything bad on roads and they are perfect then they can start thinking about this. i was at servo yesterday and ploice decided 2 jus drift was really nice drift imo. they didnt hav sirens or anything. must have just been bored haha
Old 12-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #74
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
haha aye. i jus think that crushing cars wont teach lessons. and its a bit extreme. and if the police can honestly say they have never done anything bad on roads and they are perfect then they can start thinking about this. i was at servo yesterday and ploice decided 2 jus drift was really nice drift imo. they didnt hav sirens or anything. must have just been bored haha
lol

those cop cars would drift pretty well.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #75
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Quote:
Oh also, just thought I would throw this in.

Its the "hoons" and "wanna-be's" who give people like us, enthusiasts who do the right thing, a bad name.

Its not fair, just how it is.
Thats exaclty what i said about that P-plate thread, how its the quote..tossers that give p-platers a bad name, yet we good p-platers who abide by the rule have to suffer,

And you know something...this thread is worth reading and responding to, its not "a waste or space", or a usless thread, cause it gives people a say, broader perspective and differen't opions on the matter....
I'd say this thread is ALOT better than some of the other crap created like...
"how do i do a burnout in an auto"

-Ash
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #76
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid34
I'd say this thread is ALOT better than some of the other crap created like...
"how do i do a burnout in an auto"
hahahahahaha good call
Old 12-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #77
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

A driving license is not a right but a privilege. If you don't learn after numerous warnings (including the loss of your car for 48hrs) then you are an idiot and deserve your car to be crushed, possibly with you in it.

BTW your bridge example makes no sense.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #78
AndyZH

He lost me with the bridge thing too..
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #79
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer

BTW your bridge example makes no sense.
yeh um sarcasm lol

yeh neither does crushing someones car. jus fine people...increse the fine. even lock them up for a week or so but crushing a car is too far.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #80
AndyZH

I dont think he was being sarcastic danieleast, I certainly wasnt - the bridge analogy really makes no sense.
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #81
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
wouldn't it already be crushed then? think before you type
Old 12-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #82
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i wonder what they'd do if they came to pick up your car and you had already crushed it. they wouldnt get to put it on youtube then
Old 12-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #83
danieleast
Chiller...

yeh ok wasnt best example cum 2 think of it but if sumfin 2 do with thier roads fails and kills we dont get 2 reposess it and destroy it.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #84
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Oh my God, you guys sound like a bunch of Civil Libertarians having a heart attack over new legislation.

It's like the speed camera's, how many have people recieved here?

I pass at the very least one a day and I have not to date recieved a Penalty Notice. I have passed many Highway Patrol cars and they haven't stopped me.

Seriously, anyone that is critical of this must not realise that this is NSW and it has the most soft judiciary in Australia.

I'll eat my hat if someones pride and joy is crushed after being detected for a burnout on a wet day on a oily road going around a very sharp bend when their Traction Control is off. (Thats of course if there is very minimal to no taily action and your not a High Risk Offender or under any Suspect Target Management Plan!)

Seriously your beginning to sound like the idiots that ask ticket inspectors for their tickets on trains. Seriously.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #85
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
like firetruck buddy - we need to remember these are our roads, our elected government and WE have the power to decide what rules are what.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #86
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yeh um sarcasm lol

yeh neither does crushing someones car. jus fine people...increse the fine. even lock them up for a week or so but crushing a car is too far.
Jail should be a last resort, it is a further waste of tax payer $$. Fines do nothing to deter them. Completely removing the car out of the picture should deter them somewhat.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #87
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:
yeh ok wasnt best example cum 2 think of it but if sumfin 2 do with thier roads fails and kills we dont get 2 reposess it and destroy it.

Do you think you could avoid using "txt" language?????

It makes what you are trying to say difficult to understand.
FORD3V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #88
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
i wonder what they'd do if they came to pick up your car and you had already crushed it. they wouldnt get to put it on youtube then

Yeah, come to think of it, with the cops and governments using YouTube I gotta wonder how long it is before the general YouTube users turn their back on it, as being an establishment marketing tool.

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums

Last edited by Quasi; 12-11-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #89
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
like firetruck buddy - we need to remember these are our roads, our elected government and WE have the power to decide what rules are what.
hear hear

we need to get these idiots out and form a party that takes personal freedom seriously.one day we'll wake up and if we'll be in communist russia or something
Old 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #90
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What are you like 5 years old? Again it makes no sense, why would you want to take over a road that kills (doesn't happen anyway) and then destroy the road.
I suggest you leave the internet, there are already enough fools on there without your addition.