Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #31
Scott

I think it will drive up the stolen cars report.

Example:

Barry scrimps & saves from the time he is 14 to build his VL;
At age 18, Barry has his pride and joy on the road;
At age 18, Barry does a burnout and gets caught;
At age 18, Barry has a little sideways in the wet.... and get's caught;
Barry's car is crushed;
Barry buy's a fixer-uppa VL with the little $$ he has;
Barry buy's all stolen 2nd hand go fast bits for it as he can't afford to buy new ones;\
One car thief is rewarded with $$ for his efforts;
Does Barry know they're stolen? Probably not but hey, they were cheap!!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #32
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
i think that the biggest problem will come from the definition of hooning. A display of acceleration is included under the rules, so if i was accelerating a decent rate up to the speed limit it can be included as hooning. If i did this in an immaculate HO, a piece of motoring history is lost, as well as a heap of dollars.
The laws are fairly misguided given that the biggest dropkicks who do massive skids in the middle of the night will just buy junkers, so it does not matter if they are crushed. This also means that they will be driving less roadworthy vehicles the rest of the time - why would they bother to make them safe?
The laws are also unbalanced in that if you drink and drive, or use drugs and drive, or speed there is no equivalent punishment.
Yeah your right i see plenty of muscle car enthusits dropping skids.

Imagine crushing a GTHO. Just sell the damn things.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #33
Boosh Brus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
i think that the biggest problem will come from the definition of hooning. A display of acceleration is included under the rules, so if i was accelerating a decent rate up to the speed limit it can be included as hooning. If i did this in an immaculate HO, a piece of motoring history is lost, as well as a heap of dollars.
The laws are fairly misguided given that the biggest dropkicks who do massive skids in the middle of the night will just buy junkers, so it does not matter if they are crushed. This also means that they will be driving less roadworthy vehicles the rest of the time - why would they bother to make them safe?
The laws are also unbalanced in that if you drink and drive, or use drugs and drive, or speed there is no equivalent punishment.
My point exactly.
Also there are other associated problems like after the hoon (deserving or not) has his car crushed and looses his job. He/she still has to make the repaymets for his $30,000 car loan. Then he/she declares bankrupcy lines up for centerlink taking my tax money. I would prefer his car to be sold or for him to contribute back to society somehow. Hard labour?
Boosh Brus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #34
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"The modified, loud and often illegal vehicles confiscated from car hoons will be smashed to pieces in our crash labs.

So now people with "loud" and "modified cars" are bring lumped in with "hoons". What exactly are they defining a "hoon" as?

I have a loud, modified (and lets face it probably illegal) car (and bike) so should I be worried? I have a very good driving record, but what about being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I firmly believe the governmnet has no right to take a citizens property unless that property was purchased/obtained through criminal means. This law has far wider implications than to just "car hoons", it sets a precedent and if anyone was ever caught they should fight tooth and nail with the best lawyer to make sure it is thrown out. Its times like this I wish I had went into law rather than management, I would work pro bono on this and have it thrown out of court.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think "hooning" has a place on the street but here is an example of an overtly silly penalty. Why not simply introduce jail time for repeat offenders to make it consistent with the rest of our laws? if not why don't they confiscate the cars and houses of murderers or rapists? Because it is all a publicity stunt by inept politicians who cant solve any of the real issues...I mean is this even an issue??? How many people are killed by hoons vs killed by drunk drivers - I'll tell you right now that drunk drivers account for a huge proportion of the road toll. My question Mr Iemma is why don't you crush the cars and film it to shame drink drivers, why the double standards? OH THATS RIGHT BECAUSE IT WOULD AFFECT A LARGE DEMOGRAPHIC OF MIDDLE AGED AND OLDER VOTERS NOT JUST "YOUNG HOONS WHO CANT VOTE YOU OUT". . By the way I'm 27.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #35
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

"Offenders would have to be convicted of street racing before the vehicles could be destroyed."

Did you all miss this sentence?! Yeah the media reports put it right down the bottom hoping people are so aggravated by their hyped up crap they just skim the last parts.

They are not using 'hoon' in the same way they have used it in the past or for the new legislation, they are using it to refer to street racers.

You have to get charged, face court and be convicted of STREET RACING (not just 'hooning' or 'accidentally' doing a burn out) before they crush the car.

I think it is a plausible idea that would need strict boundaries but is better than selling off the cars and putting the money into the big pot of dough they have. They won't just crush them to have a laugh they will do scientific testing and be used for education.

If you make the conscious decision to engage in a street race you shouldn't have your car.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #36
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
THEN PERHAPS THEY SHOULDNT SELL US HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS . WHICH TERMPT YOU TO DO SO.
dont you think this is where the outcome is heading .
And that is why the government is probably going to screw the car manufacturers and repeat what happened in the 70s
Old 12-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #37
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the ones who protest the loudest are the hoons themselves.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #38
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
"The modified, loud and often illegal vehicles confiscated from car hoons will be smashed to pieces in our crash labs.

So now people with "loud" and "modified cars" are bring lumped in with "hoons". What exactly are they defining a "hoon" as?

I have a loud, modified (and lets face it probably illegal) car (and bike) so should I be worried? I have a very good driving record, but what about being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I firmly believe the governmnet has no right to take a citizens property unless that property was purchased/obtained through criminal means. This law has far wider implications than to just "car hoons", it sets a precedent and if anyone was ever caught they should fight tooth and nail with the best lawyer to make sure it is thrown out. Its times like this I wish I had went into law rather than management, I would work pro bono on this and have it thrown out of court.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think "hooning" has a place on the street but here is an example of an overtly silly penalty. Why not simply introduce jail time for repeat offenders to make it consistent with the rest of our laws? if not why don't they confiscate the cars and houses of murderers or rapists? Because it is all a publicity stunt by inept politicians who cant solve any of the real issues...I mean is this even an issue??? How many people are killed by hoons vs killed by drunk drivers - I'll tell you right now that drunk drivers account for a huge proportion of the road toll. My question Mr Iemma is why don't you crush the cars and film it to shame drink drivers, why the double standards? OH THATS RIGHT BECAUSE IT WOULD AFFECT A LARGE DEMOGRAPHIC OF MIDDLE AGED AND OLDER VOTERS NOT JUST "YOUNG HOONS WHO CANT VOTE YOU OUT". . By the way I'm 27.
Very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
"Offenders would have to be convicted of street racing before the vehicles could be destroyed."

Did you all miss this sentence?! Yeah the media reports put it right down the bottom hoping people are so aggravated by their hyped up crap they just skim the last parts.

They are not using 'hoon' in the same way they have used it in the past or for the new legislation, they are using it to refer to street racers.

You have to get charged, face court and be convicted of STREET RACING (not just 'hooning' or 'accidentally' doing a burn out) before they crush the car.

I think it is a plausible idea that would need strict boundaries but is better than selling off the cars and putting the money into the big pot of dough they have. They won't just crush them to have a laugh they will do scientific testing and be used for education.

If you make the conscious decision to engage in a street race you shouldn't have your car.
Street racing is way too vague! You could pull up at the lights and some could take off next to you and you get nabbed. You could be overtaking someone.

This is definately blatent vote buying and this coming from a Labor suporter. They don't want to go after the middle aged drunk drivers and senile pensioners running over kids.

It's that simple the baby boomers are by far the biggest voting group.

I would also like to know what tests. Pacemaker extractors decreasing the structural integrity??

This makes me sick. Both parties are worse than each other. This country is run by the media, pollsters and 51/49 decision making.

Show some backbone and vision!! How do they sleep?
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #39
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

When 2 cars accelerate at a decent rate side by side, is that a street race? When 2 lanes merge and i put the foot down to get ahead to merge neatly, am i street racing?.....comes down to the interpretation by the attending officer! I am young - there goes my car. i am middle aged in a muscle car - well, don't do it again! but i keep my car.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #40
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool. A 2nd thread on the same subject
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #41
gazza750
token import owner

i really think this government should learn the true meaning of the word HOON
not the aussie slang version.
if my car got crushed i would be suing the sh** out of the government and the person who flicked the switch on the car crusher ...
HOON oxford english dictionary which is what is used in courts of law describes a HOON as a procurer of prostitutes in other words a PIMP
gazza750 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #42
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is brilliant, get all the and hero's off the streets!!
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #43
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

..Another D!ckh3ad government political law, makes me angry when i hear about these ridiculos laws, its people with this power and small d!icks, its not going to affect them, so who cares, ...they wake up one morning, feel like putting some stupid overly setenced rule down..and legislate it.
I like what GTP006 said
How about crushing the cars of the complacent?
How about crushing the cars of the inept?
How about crushing small pets that sit on the drivers lap?
How about crushing the cars of the elderly who drive into child care centres?
How about crushing the cars of drunk drivers?
How about crushing the cars of mums who speed through school zones?
How about crushing the trucks that wipe out a line of cars?

Because some of this category of people have a high rate of offences, yet, the blind eye is turned...
Then when this power does get legislated, cops will abuse the system "You floored it at the lights and gave it a little bit of power, thats classed as dangerous driving, and hooning, now..thers a chance of your car getting crushed"

And for those who agree with this law....get off the grass, because a law like this is simple and utterly, an example of men/woman with power going over board, as there are many alternatives than this...Im sure if this were to change to a jail sentence(record),big fine and community service, people wouldn't be jumping up and down as it would be classed as a FAIR law to legislate.
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #44
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't see a problem with this if the offender has prior convictions relating to "hooning."
If you didn't learn the first time, when will you lean? It is about time people start taking responsibility for their own actions. You can't blame the car, yes they're built with power and the ability to go fast but how about using some common sense and remove the right foot from the right pedal? There is a time and a place for acting like an idiot. Why not go to a track to do the burnouts and the racing?? Make it legit.
However the government needs a crystal clear definition of hooning before it can be introduced.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #45
gtfpv
GT

Quote:

define a street race . is it a gt coincidently , stopping at a red light , and coincidently a hsv, pulls up next to it . which the odds are low, further decreasing the odds are both drivers nodding to each other for a drag, and then spinning off on the green to perhaps getting to just over legal speeds before backing off.
would this be a car enthusiast. being irresponsible . or people who dont deserve thier cars .
and would it be up to the police man who could've attended a hoon fataility , the night before , or up to a policeman who has just come back from a nice holliday????
too many variables
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #46
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
define a street race . is it a gt coincidently , stopping at a red light , and coincidently a hsv, pulls up next to it . which the odds are low, further decreasing the odds are both drivers nodding to each other for a drag, and then spinning off on the green to perhaps getting to just over legal speeds before backing off.
would this be a car enthusiast. being irresponsible . or people who dont deserve thier cars .
and would it be up to the police man who could've attended a hoon fataility , the night before , or up to a policeman who has just come back from a nice holliday????
too many variables
Exaclty!, Key word Variables, its not DEFINED Properly, + too many variables to be played with, when dealing with Large amounts of money, peoples pride and joy, and sheer heart break
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #47
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Its a form of control on something they dont personally like.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #48
Steffo
LPG > You

What kind of stupid dictatorship crap is this?

Here's a fair law...

Crush the driver's car only after paying them the full amount they payed for it in the first place! They're effectively stealing something from you and destroying it. That should not be a legal thing to do.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #49
Scott

Street racing is an all encompassing term. FFS, even my mum has had plenty of traffic light battles. I would be flabbergasted if anyone on here has never had a squirt with another car off the lights. It might be with your mate, girlfriend, boyfriend, mum, dad, some random person.... whoever, wherever, whenever, whatever.

The only way I could consider crushing cars as a good idea is on the most heinous examples only. Two cars blasting off the lights on a hwy at 11pm on a Tuesday night and stopping at or around the speed limit is street racing, it should be fineable but doesn't even come close to warrant crushing a car.

Anyone who tells me they've never been sideway's or cracked the speed limit (or taken their car to a track to try it out if that way inclined) is as bad as the worst of them out there in my book.

Being high and mighty and staying under the limit at all times with the assumtion that this makes you a good and safe driver is the overwhelming majority that need to be punished - complacency is the biggest killer on our roads - why not crush the family man arguing with his kid's car for being a danger to us all?

The broad definition of hooning has gone far enough, particularly when it is such a minor and trivial part of the overall safety on our roads. Yes it is a choice made by the driver and therefore should be discouraged but FFS, crushing cars???

Where does it stop?

Talk to your local copper/ambo/tilt tray driver and ask them what causes acco's. I bet the answer you get is along the lines of "clusterf&#ks" as the #1 reason. Speed is always a factor - whether it is a determining factor is another question. Alchohol is another factor - though in comparison to complacency it is much rarer (grog prangs, whilst much fewer, are typically worse though).

Normal people drive off highways, normal people drive into playschools, normal people hit pedestrians, normal people take drugs and run over kids at a party, normal people get drunk and crash into cafe's blah blah blah.

Maybe normal isn't so normal?

I don't know about you but I'd much rather be overtaken by some "speeding hoon" than share the road with some clown reading the paper whilst driving or some drongo daddy arguing with his kids in the backseat or some drugged up truck driver or whatever.

This is all about publicity and pandering to the bearded, hat wearing pilot of a family car missile that believes he is the safest driver on the road.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #50
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

What about the under cover cops in semi modified cars who spur on drivers in nice cars to do the wrong thing and get nabbed?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #51
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

I went to court recently, got pulled over on a friday night in my wifes car. asked what i had done wrong...
"we saw you doing a burnout coming out of the bottle-o"
"i wasn't in the bottle-o, ask the security guard there"
"well, we heard you"
"so you didn't see me then?"
"we heard you"
"where's the marks on the road? wheres the rubber on my guards?"

ended up getting charged with "hoon offences", excessive noise + reckless driving...oh and resisting arrest...
cost me a couple of grand for lawyer, court costs and fines. lost four points of my license and my wifes car was confiscated for 48hrs.

I had done absolutely nothing wrong.

and theres cops like that alll over the country, telling people that they were racing, hooning, driving recklessly, and the legal modifications on their cars are illegal, because they have absolutely no idea.

so put me down as another one who think these laws are rediculous.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #52
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
*SNIP*
Hmmm your avatar doesn't help your cause
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #53
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

To the 'Jack ***' generation seeing their car crushed on TV is simply a 'Kewl' thing to have happen. It's a bit like rappers being busted and gaining 'street cred'.

The problem with all these so-called solutions is that they are legislated by middle to old aged politicians, and enforced by a police force that these offenders see as an opponent, rather than an authority.

This is like the ad campaign showing people doing stupid things in cars where the girls at the side of the road, and the mates in the car drifting through the intersection, supposedly thought the driver was inadequate in some other area.

What a load of bollocks. Those coming up with this stuff are not even on the same wavelength of those they are targeting.

It matters not what you and I think of these ****s (the hoons), as the 'Fast & Furious' lifestyle grows like a fungus....despite the millions spent to combat it......as a defiance, rather than anything else.

The way to truly get the message across perhaps is not an advertising campaign showing young people getting killed, maimed, or having their property taken away and destroyed. Perhaps the images that should be shown are innocent parents, brothers & sisters, suffering as a result of this stupidity.

Mind you, at the same time, there are plenty of the supposed mature crowd doing stupid things. Just because it isn't a 'street race' doesn't make it any less of a problem.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #54
savagE
Complete ****** n bogan

Let me just say that I have a clean record and don't hoon in public. (I'm a P2, yes its true, I am supposedly scum)

If that was to happen to me and lose my car, I would friggen gun it out of there, going a bit far. I hate this knee jerk/media outcry reactions.
savagE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #55
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
Hmmm your avatar doesn't help your cause
heh was waiting for that...
two words: private road
Old 12-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #56
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

can anyone here actually say they have never done a burnout or buried the right pedal to the floor to see how good their car goes?
Old 12-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #57
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
What kind of stupid dictatorship crap is this?

Here's a fair law...

Crush the driver's car only after paying them the full amount they payed for it in the first place! They're effectively stealing something from you and destroying it. That should not be a legal thing to do.
Exaclty Steffo - this is my beef - the government has no right to take permanent possession of your private property (unless such property was obtained through unlawful activities or the proceeds of criminal activities). I.e. they can confiscate the house of a drug dealer if they can prove the house was paid for with drug money, they cannot confiscate it if it was bought legally from his day job.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #58
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Threads merged.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #59
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i havent read the rest of this thread cos well i dont have the patience.. but im sure that these laws would be done in extreme cases and when people are caught in dangerous circumstances (races on great western h.way when there is plenty of traffic) and to be honest GOOD!!

the people who do the really, really dumb stuff only care about 1 thing, their car. no ones life, not even their own, is a concern of theirs. so putting their cars in danger might be the only thing that causes them to listen up
Old 12-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #60
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Stupidest thing I've read this year.
Well if I am 'hooning' and crash my car through someones fence or into a parked car guess who's insurance covers the person I hit? I hope the Governments willing to pay the value of the cars...
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post