Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #61
Mr X
mustang pilot

I've driven a few of times in NT over the last 20 years on de restricted roads.Followed an SA cop in a 100 Series Landcruiser just south of the border at 140 plus.........speed limits are designed for the lowest common denominator ie nana in her Magna.

I know our roads aren't as "safe" as euro roads.........but........
how the Germans drive

http://www.caradvice.com.au/30280/ge...n-car-culture/
Mr X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 01:38 AM   #62
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pedestrian council of Australia and Harold Scruby...... I see. The biggest soapbox I have ever had the displeasure of listening to.

How about a vote of no confidence and a removal of state and federal funding for him? I still cant believe har far and wide he has cast his misguided opinions in this country. He has almost single handedly removed any self regulation our society once had in relation to road laws and safety.

As a lobbyist, he appears to get the job done, but as a member of society, he fails time and time again to represent what any reasonable unbiased individual would expect as normal,

If he insists on carrying on like a pork chop, one day he will find the grill.
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #63
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Mo - much sympathy for your POV:-)

Anyhow a quote from FB (PGC) today, to clarify things;-

Quote:
Today's NT News article regarding open road speed limits was very mis-leading...At no time did I say the speed limit between Darwin and Katherine should be reduced to between 80 and 100km/s...what I said was that limits would always apply in the... NT depending on the conditions of the road and in my opinion perhaps the section of road through the Hays Creek area should be limited...Not from Darwin to Katherine!
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #64
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well so much for my holiday plans

you'll never never know, if you never never go

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #65
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I heard that if the NT does re open the speed limits the Federal Gov will stop the $100 mil in road funding.
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #66
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz
I heard that if the NT does re open the speed limits the Federal Gov will stop the $100 mil in road funding.
Well a $100mil isnt that much in the scheme of things but given that,hopefully the CLP will get around it just like they did with the .05 booze limit.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #67
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only my 20c worth, but the re-introduction of the open speed limits in the NT won't happen. Usually, once these liberties are gone, they're gone forever. The irony is that from a political perspective, its irrelevent if more people are dying on NT roads since the restrictions came into force. All that matters is that the restrictions are the politically correct thing to do.....to be seen to be curbing all those nasty eco-vandals driving their cars too fast.

If limits were opened back up again, at the first fatality, even if not speed related, the Harold Scruby's of this world would be pointing and wailing and crying that the government has blood on its hands. Its a flawed logic, but one that this country has turned into an art form. Personal responsibility is out.......big brother governance to the lowest common denominator is in. We obviously love it too, because, well, we elect these clowns don't we???
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #68
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Just don't enforce a limit, then there is no limit.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #69
burnz
VFII SS UTE

i've got to try and find a federal study done last year.
that states that 98% of all road fatalitie's, the vehicle was traveling at or below the posted speed limit.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #70
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

CLP have changed their mind - not backing the unrestricted now :

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #71
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarrge2001
Well make sure you tell the CLP you will not bring them back either....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #72
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When did this happen?

And what flappist said,in fact dont vote for either party put all independants in.(I cant believe I said that)

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #73
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
And I heard aliens from Mars will infect us all with H3N7! Scare scare, ignore it, simply fantasy land stuff.

Quote:
Evidence?

See post #63, its a quote direct from CLP's Peter Chandler on FB 25 August 2009.

Understand that NT News, "got its headlines wrong", again. To this very date (//) *WILL* be re-introduced, particularly to NT's safest lengths of highway.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post