Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #31
Kawasakirider

Yeah, no worries man. It's just annoying that if you drive with P plates on you get a dirty look from open drivers, lol. That video is pretty scary, should be put on TV.
Kawasakirider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #32
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it comes down to having responsibility for yourself. The guys in the back were firstly in the wrong. They knew what might happen. Sad but true....they chose to have the chance of dying. Its their choice. The other guy who drove is the one who gets the blame legally I guess but thats not fair. Could have been any of those guys who was the driver.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #33
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
I think it comes down to having responsibility for yourself. The guys in the back were firstly in the wrong. They knew what might happen. Sad but true....they chose to have the chance of dying. Its their choice. The other guy who drove is the one who gets the blame legally I guess but thats not fair. Could have been any of those guys who was the driver.
The min the ute starting moving the driver was 100% responsible for their safety and the "outcome", end of story..

Old 10-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come on guys. It is a tragic loss of life due to several people doing silly things including drink driving and riding in the back of a ute unrestrained while it is being driven by someone who is drink driving.

The law will sort out some of the penalties for the driver but the penalties imposed on the friends and families of those killed or injured will be around for a long time.

RIP the poor guy who died and condolences to his family and maybe we can all learn something from this tragedy.

None of us are immortal but we are all human. In the final washup we are all responsible for what we do. Think before doing things and life will be a whole lot better.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #35
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've had a few of these types of threads......

I think the answer may be mandatory breath testers installed to your cars ignition.....Hows that for a fix? Every car in Australia to be taken off the road, and new ignitions with breath testers installed.

No more 'i was drunk and i cant even remember getting in the car.....' excuses.

No more drink driving problem.

Revenue lost will be returned via the installing of the system.

I'm done.
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #36
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

A ute rolls with 2 people in the tray. What does it matter what engine was under the bonnet?
Stupid mistake, will cost the bloke, a tragedy for all involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura97
Dont take what I said as a personal attack... If you watched that video in Pay attention or How an anti speeding ad should be and it actually gets through to you, then you'll be fine.
A few videos wont stop people from making one off stupid decisions. And those who make those decisions on a regular basis probably couldn't care less about them.
I think those videos are a bit of a joke, I guess I wont be fine?
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #37
fordfalconfan

They were under the tonno cover and the driver wasnt speeding but it was wet so he just lost control of the car, it was a green 1995 V8 commodore ute.
fordfalconfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #38
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I think it comes down to having responsibility for yourself.
Exactly, having responsibility for yourself!

I'm not proud of the fact but there have been times when i have proberbly had 1 or 2 too many and driven home, as im sure many have.
It's the manner in which you conduct yourself when you are slightly intoxicated that leads to the end result.
Even if this bloke was .1, twice the limit, he could still make it home with his mates in the ute safely if he chose to crawl along at a safe speed considering his intoxication.

Responsible drivers dont get blind drunk, load their mates into the back of a ute and tear off down the road as if they were invincible!.

Oh and as if he weren't smashed, why else would you flee a fatal accident....really, a little dose of reality for some would go a long way.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #39
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfalconfan
They were under the tonno cover and the driver wasnt speeding but it was wet so he just lost control of the car, it was a green 1995 V8 commodore ute.
If it was wet, he was half tanked and he was doing the prescribed limit he would still be speeding, not legally, but in relation to his circumstances.
You cant roll a ute in the wet doing 40k's
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #40
gtfpv
GT

i really dont knwo how to put a head on young shoulders . when i was young , i was on a holiday , we went to the RSL disco for drinks and a disco. we walked as we were 10 minutes away from the club, the disco finished and i was walking out of the club when someone yells out party and i jump into the back of a strangers ute full of strangers - leaving my mates behind .
i ended up throwing the leg that night as there were more women at the party, never ever gave jumping into that ute a 2nd thought.
it really is tough what young people get themselves un knowingly into.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #41
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's probably not wise to be talking about the specific circumstances of the case while it is in the process of trial.
Quote:
I think the NSW Laws should be nation wide....P platers not allowed to drive V8s....agree with it or not, it is at least some kind of step in the direction to try and prevent tradagies like this....
Tragedies like this are caused by alcohol and stupidity, not engine capacity.
Quote:
Drivers have a huge range of responsibilities, and are to be held accountable of everything that goes on while they are driving.
Not everything, they are not (or shouldn't be) responsible for the actions of individuals external to the vehicle. Although, probably not relevant in this case, more relevant in various "drag racing" convictions whereby the driver of the "surviving" car gets done for the deaths in the other car. But another debate for another time.
Quote:
I think the answer may be mandatory breath testers installed to your cars ignition.....Hows that for a fix? Every car in Australia to be taken off the road, and new ignitions with breath testers installed.
We can develop a fix for everything, but it's

1. Not going to be popular, politically speaking, and
2. Not going to help in every situation.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #42
bluebloodxr8
Was born with blue blood

Maturity and the ability to make good decisions is a product of age and learning from bad decisions.
Some just never get the opportunity.
Tragic waste for all involved.
We should be encouraging the young and foolish to consider their actions.
whether its drinking, driving, or ute surfing.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #43
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The motor didn't kill anyone, the idiotic moron behind the wheel did!, same thing would have happened if they had been in a jumbuck!

I hope the driver gets maximum time for this, sounds like a complete fool, i feel very sorry for the family of the dead person, even if they were dumb enough to ride in the back of a ute
Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #44
bluebloodxr8
Was born with blue blood

Well the deceased certainly got life for his mistake.
The idiot driver should recieve an adequate sentence as well.
I sure wouldn't want this idiot giving my kids a lift home any time soon.
If he lived in WA he would only get a 6 month suspended sentence, but that is another thread topic all together. :
Old 10-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #45
Marduk
BFII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The min the ute starting moving the driver was 100% responsible for their safety and the "outcome", end of story..
But it is still stupid to get into a car with a driver who has lost their licence twice and has been drinking. Everyone involved is an idiot.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #46
bluebloodxr8
Was born with blue blood

Yes they were stupid for getting in, but the driver, as the one in charge of the vehicle has total responsibility for the safety of everyone involved.
He should do time.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #47
Marduk
BFII XR6

No doubt he should do the time. I just think it would be different if he had of hit someone on the side of the road and killed them. Someone who didn't ask to be put in that situation. By hopping in the ute with a driver like that you clearly have a death wish. It's was only a matter of time before he killed himself or tragically in this case someone else.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #48
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was 17 I got in a car full of my mates after asking the driver literally about 5 times if he was ****ed, he assured me he wasn't and in my drunken state I believed him... he lied, it is pure luck I guess that no one was hurt.

All I'm saying is that unless you were there it is hard to pass judgment and we all make stupid mistakes.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #49
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Could be wrong but i think the end result could have been worse in something like a jumbuck. Think about it, group of drunk young guys in a cheap POS, having a laugh about it and want to see what it can do, so they thrash the absoloute out of it. Then also a jumbuck probably would handle as good as the commy either.
So if for what ever reason i HAD to be in one of those situations, id rather be in the V8 commy.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #50
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Sorry to person who has had his friends hurt.

Even though many say engine capacity doesn't matter, the law is smart, I am on my P's and when drive my car sometimes tempted go faster, but when I am in a turbo or v8, mate its VERY tempting to go faster.

I have been blasted before just like most people here but still dont go out driving, the guys an idiot let him pay the time.

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #51
xtreme
V8 Addict

Quote:
I think its not his fault there was someone in the back of the ute. His mate hopped in there himself.

He deserves nothing more than the drink driving penalties. Certainly not jail.

Why is it his fauly someone who is of adult decision making age is in the back?

Again, make your own decisions.

If someone was on my roof and he fell off round a corner and died, whats the difference If I was drunk, speeding, not drunk, not speeding, crashed or didnt crash etc? Its still not my fault. Its the guy on the roof! Im just driving how I normally do...

Reminds me again of the GT falcon driver who somehow went to jail for the ferrari driver who killed himself out of his own actions!

i didnt know the GT driver went to jail!!! wasnt the GT driver in a high speed drag with the ferrari?

My Collection:

The WEEKENDER:
1968 XT Fairmont (GT rep) - 351 clevo, pacemakers, 2.5" twin system, C10 auto, 2500 Hi-Stall, 3.45:1 LSD, 198 rwkw

The DAILY:
2003 BA GT, Citric Acid, exhaust, headers, cold air intake, 248 rwkw
xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post