Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #61
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Default Re: Haunted Roads

It's relatively easy to analyse video for manipulation - it would take a very high level of expertise and skill to hide all of the tell-tale signs of image retouching. Forensic analysis of the footage would ultimately tell the truth.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2022, 10:42 AM   #62
slowsnake
Banned

How about we stay on topic, ghosts, haunted roads?......not criticism before you get me in trouble eh.......
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2022, 03:05 PM   #63
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I believe we are still on-topic. To reinforce that assertion, I'll mention "the road of bones"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R504_Kolyma_Highway

"The road is treated as a memorial, as the bones of the estimated 250,000-1,000,000 slave laborers and political prisoners who died while constructing it were laid beneath or around the road. As the road is built on permafrost, interment into the fabric of the road was deemed more practical than digging new holes to bury the bodies of the dead."

If there is any road on this Earth that is truly haunted, it would have to be that one.
This user likes this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 12:33 PM   #64
slowsnake
Banned

We are on topic, it's just the dribble between posts that's off topic, I dident see a ghost per se, but I walked between 2 women talking, I heard em not saw them, an old security video picked up a picture of me getting berated by an old woman, I dident know, but the video was barred off, to stop anyone tampering and stealing stock, I have no access nor did I ever see it opened, it was looped continually, and checked each morning.

The end please.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:32 AM   #65
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

My friend comes from the Republic of Dagestan. He claims he encountered ghostly spirits at the monument at Mamyev Kurgan in Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad) when he visited recently. I guess if any place is truly haunted, it would be that one.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:48 AM   #66
slowsnake
Banned

Do you want a fair dinkum " ghost story " a story about something so outlandish that none of you will believe it, maybe again be critical and try to put it down to drivel?

But it's quite true, as you all know I have terminal cancer, due to asbestos fibre inhalation, it's been sitting in my lung for over 20 years and visible as a tiny nodule.
I had an appointment with the Physician on 20th October 2019, it was to discuss what exactly I had growing in my chest, type and position of this small now 4mm x 5 mm tumour.
Also to discuss what to do about it?

The night before on the evening of 19th October just on dusk, I was sitting in my driveway with my cat, feeding him his favourite little biscuits, Optimal ocean flavour, I feed them one by one and he just chews em down and looks at me waiting for the next treat.
But he stopped eating, lifted his head and stared over the road to the park and lagoon, I'm talking to him telling him to eat or I go inside, it was pretty cool and breezy, but no, still kept looking over the road right on the corner, his whiskers had curled forward almost in an arc and his lip was " chattering " which he does before he pounces on his prey, can't can't see a foot in front of them, they use their whiskers to feel what is ahead.

I was looking at him and he stopped eating so I looked where he was looking, the corner of our very quiet T intersection street has a footpath on only one side of the street, it turns left toward the gutter to cross our street, it's a mini gutter ramp.

There on the corner was a 7' tall coal black cat, standing upright, it was so black it's face was featureless, it had a type of hat/ frame with a scarf over the hat piece down to its shoulders, it was wearing a 3/4 length canary yellow coat, it was the style of what Tibetan women wear, she had a book in her left paw held against it's left thigh.
The book was quite big, bigger than A4 size, it was an olive colour leather bound book, around the edge were laurel leaves embossed on the perimeter.
I was talking to her mentally, but nothing, I had one hand on my cat and it was really vibrating and shaking, I immediately thought a Tibetan Goddess of Death, she started dancing foot to foot and singing a tune of some type, I looked away for a millisecond and she was gone!
My cat went back inside and hid in the wardrobe, I knew I was getting bad news the next day from the doctor, and it was worse than I thought, they told me to come back in 9 months to see this cancers progression!!

This is a true story, and I have always seen things, including the future, she never came back, she warned me, that's all, just warned me that my treatment would be conservative or non-existent, which it was.

My beliefs are not Christian, but I follow and have done for 50years or more, Tibetan Lamism and Hinduism.

And I have absolutely no fear of death or the afterlife!

Last edited by slowsnake; 09-02-2022 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Autospell
Old 09-02-2022, 02:26 PM   #67
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Do you want a fair dinkum " ghost story " a story about something so outlandish that none of you will believe it
I wanted it and I got it. Thanks.

I feel for you with your medical conditions. My grandmother passed away shortly after I was born, due to the same cause as your illness.

<3
Old 09-02-2022, 02:39 PM   #68
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You saw "the cat in the hat" ???
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #69
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I wanted it and I got it. Thanks.

I feel for you with your medical conditions. My grandmother passed away shortly after I was born, due to the same cause as your illness.

<3
Oh don't feel sorry for me, I've had a hard but good life, this cancer don't bother me, I just get to go " home " sooner than most, but the story is true, and I am very happy just now, very peaceful and relatively pain free!
Old 10-02-2022, 01:40 PM   #70
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

You've got the right attitude. I respect your stoicism - a trait admired by many and possessed by few.
Old 10-02-2022, 02:43 PM   #71
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
You've got the right attitude. I respect your stoicism - a trait admired by many and possessed by few.
That means a hell of a lot to me JD, but in all honesty I feel great but they ( oncologists ) were/are a very demeaning and depressive mob!
That's why I sacked em all, I have always thought that on older folk like me 69 years old, I think they just hope for the best with their treatment, they should of started neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in 2019.

This is when I was a lot fitter and healthier, I could of handled the chemo, but they failed to treat me, very sad really, the doctors attitudes, they obviously mistook me for someone who gives a ****, I was too happy and chipper for their liking!
But in reality I was in really severe trouble, what did they want?.....

They wanted me to walk around with my head down like the others, you know, woe is me and crying in my cornflakes, lol, well that's not me, I carry myself like a man, I questioned them on their level, they don't like that, they wanna keep you in the dark and feed you bull**** like a mushroom.

I just told em all to leave me alone and let me die in peace, I have a great GP, I nominated him as my only treating doctor, they dident understand that I welcome death as a part of life, right now sitting typing away I feel very happy, I'm in trouble but so what, it can only kill me!
I accept that I am dieing of a terrible cancer that has now been in my lymph system for 8 months since my surgery, that's what I chose when I refused their chemo, don't bother me one bit, my GP loves my attitude, but I find death fascinating, and am looking forward to a nice long pain free afterlife, until I reincarnate again, I just don't see the big deal really....

Regards Billy.
Old 10-02-2022, 02:56 PM   #72
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

And now............................... back on topic please.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:07 PM   #73
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Berlin, Germany is home to many haunted places. Sections of Wilhelmstraße for example. When the street is emptiest, then you get the feeling you're being watched - but not from the windows of the buildings. Stormwater drains and any other such paths that lead beneath the ground are very menacing.

I intend (someday) to investigate and document some of the most haunted (european theatre) ww1/ww2 sites.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:08 PM   #74
slowsnake
Banned

Ever heard of the Angel of Mons...WW 1.....

http://www.worldwar1.com/heritage/angel.htm
Old 10-02-2022, 07:31 PM   #75
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Ever heard of the Angel of Mons...WW 1.....

http://www.worldwar1.com/heritage/angel.htm
I'll PM you, to avoid going off topic in this thread.

OTT: the detective that caught Ivan Milat claimed that Belanglo Forest is "pure evil" in a 60 minutes interview.

I intend to visit Balanglo and walk the network of trails that criss-cross through the forest. Evil has had it's way in that place. Lives were cut short and ended without grace - the trees remember. That living memory attracts curious souls and it stands to reason that evil spirits will be the most eager to seek the grisly details of such horrific events. If there are benign spirits there, I expect (and hope) them to be few and to be there in sorrow - unwilling to depart until their final resting place is discovered.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #76
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:

OTT: the detective that caught Ivan Milat claimed that Belanglo Forest is "pure evil" in a 60 minutes interview.

I intend to visit Balanglo and walk the network of trails that criss-cross through the forest. Evil has had it's way in that place. Lives were cut short and ended without grace - the trees remember. That living memory attracts curious souls and it stands to reason that evil spirits will be the most eager to seek the grisly details of such horrific events. If there are benign spirits there, I expect (and hope) them to be few and to be there in sorrow - unwilling to depart until their final resting place is discovered.
While you are there go and check out Wingello forest on the Eastern side of the railway/Hume hwy. There's something about pine forests I find creepy.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 12:57 PM   #77
slowsnake
Banned

When I lived in NSW, Glenbrook, I used to walk with my then 9 year old son through the Glenbrook National Park, we were driving home one afternoon past the Air Base Communication Centre, my son looked to the left and spotted an old disused railway tunnel, it will be boarded off now, this was 1979.

He said to me, can we go there in the morning Daddy, I said why not, it was cold and winter, we left bin the dark at 5 am, wow what a creepy place, built by convicts, the hand made or hewn bricks still had convict arrows an initials carved in, I told my son a little about its history, and how convict labour was forced tonwork there and other places, I also told him that lots of men died because of the terrible conditions and attacks by aboriginals, he got really scared so we left, I got really scared so we left, I told him that too.

When we got home I cooked his favourite breakfast, poached eggs on toast, he had nightmares for a week or so, told his mother that he felt someone touch the back of his neck in the tunnel!
He said someone was whispering to him?
I asked why he dident tell me, he said he was too scared to talk!
Old 11-02-2022, 02:09 PM   #78
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
built by convicts, the hand made or hewn bricks still had convict arrows an initials carved in,
Uhhh. bricks are fired. Stone is carved.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 02:26 PM   #79
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

I've been through there. It's dead creepy just from the car. Go for a drive up to the Victims Memorial.

I wouldn't walk through that forest if you paid me.
FairmontGS is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 03:00 PM   #80
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

To quote Tom Cruise's annoying teenaged son from the 2005 film War of the Worlds,

"I have to see this for myself."
Old 11-02-2022, 10:51 PM   #81
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Uhhh. bricks are fired. Stone is carved.
Bricks and stone were Initialled, hammer / chisel, whatever they used then, not all of em probably a dozen or so