Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-08-2022, 04:09 PM   #1321
nibble

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

And now the wait begins.
nibble is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2022, 04:16 PM   #1322
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The 10mm narrower tyre isn't really an issue, as the tyre is also taller, giving the footprint on the road a slightly bigger patch, and more ground clearance.

It looks like **** though, and the rims are narrower too.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #1323
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
It looks like **** though, and the rims are narrower too.
10mm and half an inch is barely perceptible to the human eye. It's the taller height that skews your eye. They are about an inch taller.

Most likely a fuel economy thing though. The difference in weight between a P375 and P703 wheel and tyre combo is surprising when you pick it up. Big difference. The new generation tyres alone are kg's lighter than the old style Duellers they used previously.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2022, 04:29 PM   #1324
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
sorry to hear that. it's a known issue and there are a fleet of guys running round all dealers to fix cars already delivered. Must have missed your mate's
Is it incorrectly balanced driveshafts by the supplier or something else?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2022, 04:37 PM   #1325
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Yes, it's strange. Other manufacturers seem to still have it. Perhaps they have slightly different programming where the doors automatically unlock upon impact??

Either way, I miss the feature too. Doors can still be manually locked when you're driving so not sure what the difference is.
I've tried to drum into my daughter who is still on second year of P's and sometimes works back to 10pm, get in, lock the door, seat belt, start the car.....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2022, 05:32 PM   #1326
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Is it incorrectly balanced driveshafts by the supplier or something else?
I don't know the details. sorry.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 10:37 AM   #1327
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
Here's some simple maths for those whinging about fuel prices and economy. Let's say you do 20,000 kms per year. And you average 10 litres per 100 km (just using round figures for ease of understanding). So you're going to use 2,000 litres per year. At $2.00 per litre, that would be $4,000 a year in fuel. At $1.50 per litre, you'd spend $3,000. I consider a $0.50 change in fuel price pretty big. So if fuel prices go up $0.50 per litre, it will cost you an extra $1,000 on top of what you would have paid if there was no change to the fuel price. Conversely, if fuel prices go down $0.50, you save $1,000 in a year. When your talking about a $90,000 (again, round figures) vehicle in the case of the Raptor, a difference of +/- $1,000 running costs is bugger all. I reckon most people buying a Raptor (or any vehicle at that price point) could probably afford the extra $1,000 a year. Put it into weekly terms, the extra $1,000 per year is less than $20 a week. Which is now 3 pots of beer, or 4 coffees, or 1/3 of a pack of smokes, or 2 lettuces. Bugger all really.
After watching the above video, I really wish I could fit a Raptor into my lease terms, but I can't. So I'll probably have to settle for the Wildtrak with the V6. I can live with that.
Why can't you afford a Raptor? It's only an extra $15,000. Which is roughly $90 a week less tax savings?! That's less then a tank of fuel a week. Bugger all really.

See, I can also oversimplify equations. The irony of you simplifying the numbers only to say you couldn't make a small increase work either shouldn't be lost here.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 11:05 AM   #1328
nibble

Anyone here order theirs with the optional Decal Pack?
nibble is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 11:46 AM   #1329
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
Here's some simple maths for those whinging about fuel prices and economy. Let's say you do 20,000 kms per year. And you average 10 litres per 100 km (just using round figures for ease of understanding). So you're going to use 2,000 litres per year. At $2.00 per litre, that would be $4,000 a year in fuel. At $1.50 per litre, you'd spend $3,000. I consider a $0.50 change in fuel price pretty big. So if fuel prices go up $0.50 per litre, it will cost you an extra $1,000 on top of what you would have paid if there was no change to the fuel price. Conversely, if fuel prices go down $0.50, you save $1,000 in a year. When your talking about a $90,000 (again, round figures) vehicle in the case of the Raptor, a difference of +/- $1,000 running costs is bugger all. I reckon most people buying a Raptor (or any vehicle at that price point) could probably afford the extra $1,000 a year. Put it into weekly terms, the extra $1,000 per year is less than $20 a week. Which is now 3 pots of beer, or 4 coffees, or 1/3 of a pack of smokes, or 2 lettuces. Bugger all really.
After watching the above video, I really wish I could fit a Raptor into my lease terms, but I can't. So I'll probably have to settle for the Wildtrak with the V6. I can live with that.
They are very conservative numbers though as 20,000km per year equates to 380km per week, I do 300km per week just doing the 30km each way to work and back and I consider that a short trip, many do much more and thats before you factor in other travel.
If you bump that to 25,000km per year which is more representative of current averages and can be verified by looking at averages km for model year in for sale advertising and stick to the regular average of $2.10 per litre for diesel which doesn't get wild .50cpl swings you suggest then using Smoke Pursuits actual figures from his V6 of 12.5l/100km it looks much different.
25000km per year divided by 52 weeks = 480km/week.
4.8 x 12.5 = 60l/week
60l x 52 weeks = 3120l/year
3120l x $2.10 = $6552/year
$6552 divided by 52 weeks = $126pw

I dont see diesel coming down much below the current price but will soon see the fuel tax of 22c added back on so that figure will jump to $7176/year or $138/week.

Now for the record I still dont think its unreasonable for what the vehicle provides but if you're going to use math equations to prove your point they need to be realistic real world figures.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 12:11 PM   #1330
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Where do you get 25000km as representative of the average? Any figures I have seen suggest the average Australian drives less than 15000km/yr.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 12:29 PM   #1331
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Where do you get 25000km as representative of the average? Any figures I have seen suggest the average Australian drives less than 15000km/yr.
Because the average Australian factors in granny going to Bingo once a week which skews the figures.
15,000km/yr is only 280km/week.
Look online and see how many 4yr old Rangers for sale have 60,000k's on them compared to those with 100,000k's+ and you'll see the real world usage figures for this type of vehicle.

Hell, I've done 17,000km in mine since we bought it in early October last year and it barely gets used for anything apart from the 300km/week work commute I mentioned and hasn't done that, apart from last Friday, since early July.
Old 11-08-2022, 01:29 PM   #1332
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
10mm and half an inch is barely perceptible to the human eye. It's the taller height that skews your eye. They are about an inch taller.

Most likely a fuel economy thing though. The difference in weight between a P375 and P703 wheel and tyre combo is surprising when you pick it up. Big difference. The new generation tyres alone are kg's lighter than the old style Duellers they used previously.

The wildtrak tyres look like ****!

I prefer the ones on my Sport....
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 01:44 PM   #1333
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
I tend to agree round it around 15thou as the average......
2020 ABS/Gov figures see below can't find 2021.....
Average kilometres travelled was 12.1 thousand kilometres for all vehicles
https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/in...latest-release
B8 can go through the above link State x State and all types of transport to HDuty.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 02:35 PM   #1334
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I tend to agree round it around 15thou as the average......
2020 ABS/Gov figures see below can't find 2021.....
Average kilometres travelled was 12.1 thousand kilometres for all vehicles
https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/in...latest-release
B8 can go through the above link State x State and all types of transport to HDuty.
I wouldnt point to anything that includes data from February to end of June 2020 as it is affected by Covid travel restrictions.

I just had a quick look at the first 2 pages of utes for sale on Gumtree in my state, I looked at utes less than 10yr old and omitted car based utes.
When I averaged the first 10 ads using age/km's travelled it was bang on 25,000km.
I looked at this as its an accurate depiction of real world use and not statistical analysis that includes stark outliers. These vehicles consisted of your soccer mum commuter to tradie bodied, and everything in between as this is what they are used for.
Thats real world, they didnt just decide to advertise the highest km utes today and these currently listed vehicles we're used throughout the entirety of Covid travel restrictions suggesting they would be higher if not for those restrictions.
I would be prepared to go out on a limb and say if you applied the same analysis on any given day the results would be similar.
Old 11-08-2022, 03:13 PM   #1335
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I wouldnt point to anything that includes data from February to end of June 2020 as it is affected by Covid travel restrictions.

I just had a quick look at the first 2 pages of utes for sale on Gumtree in my state, I looked at utes less than 10yr old and omitted car based utes.
When I averaged the first 10 ads using age/km's travelled it was bang on 25,000km.
I looked at this as its an accurate depiction of real world use and not statistical analysis that includes stark outliers. These vehicles consisted of your soccer mum commuter to tradie bodied, and everything in between as this is what they are used for.
Thats real world, they didnt just decide to advertise the highest km utes today and these currently listed vehicles we're used throughout the entirety of Covid travel restrictions suggesting they would be higher if not for those restrictions.
I would be prepared to go out on a limb and say if you applied the same analysis on any given day the results would be similar.
Just had a look at Gumtree ads locally.11 vehicles age from 2009 up to2017.Odo,s from32k up to 446k ave travel 19.96/yr

Last edited by Tassie f100; 11-08-2022 at 03:35 PM.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 03:16 PM   #1336
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Just had a look at Gumtree ads locally.11 vehicles age from 2009 up to2017.Odo,s from32k up to 446k ave travel 29.96/yr
I just did Carsales, used the same criteria as I did with Gumtree only whole of Australia, last 10 most recently updated ads ranging from 60k to almost 300k's, averaged to 23.5k/year.
Old 11-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #1337
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

doh I knew you'd point that out......
Its askew a little but generally its been known around 15thou k's overall.
Keep looking at utes k's won't give you the average indicater.
Maybe look at soccer mum suvs and the general public type cars, obviously work horse's more than not having higher k's.

and ofcourse covid may skew things some obviously.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 11-08-2022 at 03:35 PM.
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 03:36 PM   #1338
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I just did Carsales, used the same criteria as I did with Gumtree only whole of Australia, last 10 most recently updated ads ranging from 60k to almost 300k's, averaged to 23.5k/year.
Sorry hit the wrong number,should have read 19.96 ave
Old 11-08-2022, 03:39 PM   #1339
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
doh I knew you'd point that out......
Its askew a little but generally its been known around 15thou k's overall.
Keep looking at utes k's won't give you the average indicater.
Maybe look at soccer mum suvs and the general public type cars, obviously works more than not are work horse's having higher k's.
The original post by Winkle on fuel consumption/cost was based on running a Ranger so only utes of its nature are relevant to the discussion.
Obviously you need to factor in the multitude of uses of this type of vehicle which is why places like Gumtree and Carsales are good sources of this data as it represents all uses of the vehicles.
I stand by what I said, utes average in the vicinity of 25k per year.
Old 11-08-2022, 03:56 PM   #1340
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we average 15k a year on our cars
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 04:09 PM   #1341
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don’t know how trade in prices will go when the new model starts flowing to the dealers.Had a look at the local Ford dealers used Ranger listing.they have 49 from 2016 to 2022 sitting on the
lot waiting for buyers.Course they are pretty pricy ( guess thats why they have so many)
Old 11-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #1342
vbomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Don’t know how trade in prices will go when the new model starts flowing to the dealers.Had a look at the local Ford dealers used Ranger listing.they have 49 from 2016 to 2022 sitting on the
lot waiting for buyers.Course they are pretty pricy ( guess thats why they have so many)
Have noticed on carsales in the last week a few MY21.75 2.0L Wildtraks at dealers have listed below 70K around 68k.....but you still have MY20.75's going for 65K plus
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2022, 08:02 PM   #1343
winkle

My point in the above post was to demonstrate that fluctuations in fuel price shouldn’t be a major concern. Some people got that and some people didn’t. Fair enough. I took delivery of my Wildtrak on 4th November 2020. In the first 12 months I did 48,000 kms, against a lease set up of 40,000kms budgeted. My role at work changed significantly late last year and in the last 3 months I’ve averaged 1228 km per month, or just under 15,000 annually. So I could afford a Raptor on those numbers, but I’d be a mug, because my role will change again and if I go back to doing a heap of kms, I’d be well out of pocket. $90 a week is $4680 a year, a fair bit more than $20 a week or $1040 a year. Well, a fair bit to me.
winkle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2022, 07:27 PM   #1344
vbomber

Platinum now joins the range...... https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...-range-variant
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2022, 07:52 PM   #1345
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbomber View Post

Ahh so this is what my dealer was talking about… last week, with my bloody wildtrak still not built, I changed my order to add the PP and want a 2023 build…. My salesman said if I waited a few days something was being announced that may take my fancy. Good logic from ford. They will sell like hotcakes…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post